Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:21:20 PM EST
I tried, Didn't do much good though......

Dear Robert,
Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Andrew Travers to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

The Senate is charged by the Constitution with an "advice and consent" role in the appointment process, which ensures that all nominations made by the President are thoroughly reviewed. I take this Constitutional mandate very seriously, as do my colleagues.

While I understand your concerns, I support this nomination because I believe Mr. Travers has the experience necessary to lead the ATF. He has received bipartisan support from colleagues who served with him throughout his distinguished career as Chicago's ATF Chief. Should his nomination come before me for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:30:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By LFR787:

Dear Robert,
Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Andrew Travers to be Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

The Senate is charged by the Constitution with an "advice and consent" role in the appointment process, which ensures that all nominations made by the President are thoroughly reviewed. I take this Constitutional mandate very seriously, as do my colleagues.

While I understand your concerns, I support this nomination because I believe Mr. Travers has the experience necessary to lead the ATF. He has received bipartisan support from colleagues who served with him throughout his distinguished career as Chicago's ATF Chief. Should his nomination come before me for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

I've got Levin so I feel your pain,

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 4:44:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gunnerpalace:
Originally Posted By LFR787:

Dear Robert,

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

I've got Levin so I feel your pain,

sent him one too, waiting for even a shitty response from that asshat
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:20:36 AM EST
From Senator Hutchison: (she must think that the Supreme Court ruling will prevent Traver from doing anything?)

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Andrew L. Traver to the position of Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

The United States Senate has a Constitutional role in the advice and consent of presidential nominees such as cabinet officers and other senior appointees. I take this Constitutional responsibility to carefully consider each nomination very seriously.

One of the important freedoms that we have in the Constitution is the right to keep and bear arms, guaranteed to us by the Second Amendment. I am a strong supporter of gun rights.

On March 18, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court heard an appeal from the District of Columbia in the case District of Columbia v. Heller. I submitted an amicus brief to the Court affirming the Second Amendment as an individual and constitutionally protected right, and was joined by 55 Senators, 250 House members and Vice President Dick Cheney.

On June 26, 2008, the Supreme Court affirmed the intent of the Founders, that the right to bear arms is an individual right protected by the Constitution. The ruling in the D.C. case was a victory for the right of all Americans to protect themselves and their families. This historic decision will affect gun laws throughout the country that try to unjustly undermine our rights under the Second Amendment.

President Barack Obama nominated Andrew L. Traver on January 5, 2011. Mr. Traver’s nomination is currently pending in the Judiciary Committee, on which I do not serve. Should his nomination come for consideration before the full Senate, please be assured I will keep your thoughts in mind.

I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator

284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
202-224-5922 (tel)
202-224-0776 (fax)
http://hutchison.senate.gov
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:20:19 PM EST
I am surprised we do not have more members interested in stopping this guy. Blows my mind how little folks get involved with the things that direct their lives.

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:41:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By mzzlebrk:
I am surprised we do not have more members interested in stopping this guy. Blows my mind how little folks get involved with the things that direct their lives.

Tell me about it. I sent out emails about the StopTraver website and all but one person deleted the email, didn't visit the website, or looked at he website but did nothing. And these were all supposed "gun guys".
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:37:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2011 3:38:41 PM EST by DirectAction]
Originally Posted By DirectAction:
It certainly did make a differnce.....From each response they tally against his nomination, the cited Senator must explain his or her position when they come back up for election......

Thanks for supporting the effort and please continue to check here often for updates....

Joe

Joe, considering the scum you have for senators, I'm sure you can relate to us here in MI.

I sent the message, knowing full well it was a waste of time.

Karl Lenin and Deb Stab-me now will never vote against this ass hat.

And they will not face retribution from the voters of Detroit, Flint, Pontiac, Saginaw...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:49:07 AM EST
I got a repy from Deb. I'll be surprized to hear from Karl.

I think he gave up on me.

March 15, 2011

Dear mi650,

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:03:08 AM EST
Reply from MO senator Claire McCaskill:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Andrew Traver to be the Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE). I appreciate hearing from you, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.
As you know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the fundamental right to bear arms. I strongly support legal and safe gun ownership by law-abiding citizens and have consistently voted to uphold this constitutional right. At the same time, we have to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of individuals who should not have them.

On November 15, 2010, President Obama nominated Special Agent Andrew Traver of the BATFE to be the Bureau's Director. For over 20 years, Mr. Traver has served as a career special agent in various roles at BATFE. Reviewing his record, it is clear that he has demonstrated a dedication to law enforcement. Throughout his service, Mr. Traver has acquired valuable experience in combating illicit use and trafficking of firearms and explosives in Chicago, San Francisco, and New Orleans, among other assignments. Mr. Traver's nomination has not been considered by the full Senate and, in accordance with Senate rules, due to the expiration of the 111th Congress, the nomination was returned to the President. The President will need to renominate Mr. Traver in order for the Senate to consider it.

You may be interested to know that since joining the Senate in 2007, I have voted to support gun rights. For example, in the 111th Congress, I voted to permit gun owners to carry firearms in their checked bags when traveling on Amtrak trains and to require the National Park Service to honor state gun laws when gun owners enter National Parks in their states. I am pleased that both of these common-sense provisions, which enhance the ability of sportsmen to enjoy activities like hunting, have become law. Please know that I will continue to support the right of law-abiding citizens to safely own firearms.

As your United States Senator, I do not and will never play partisan politics when carrying out my constitutional duty to provide "advice and consent" on the President's nominations. I only support nominees who I believe, based on their record, are well qualified. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind as I consider Mr. Traver's nomination and anytime Congress considers gun-related legislation.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at www.mccaskill.senate.gov."

Top Top