Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 5:56:08 PM EDT
I've dialed it before and gotten a recording that the number cannot be given out.  So what does a busy signal mean?  My phone is working fine.

Just asking due to my draw down thread.  My home phone rang, I ignored it as no one ever calls me on it.  Whoever called didn't leave a message.  About 2 minutes later it rang again.  Thinking maybe my cell isn't working I picked it up after only 2 rings, said hello, and the person hung up on me.  Ok, that was very strange so I dialed *69 and got a busy signal.  About 30 minutes later the phone rang again and I let the machine get it.  Again no message.  When I dialed *69 I got a busy signal again.  

I also caught a my camera a white mini van that drove through the parking lot at very odd angles, then came back 2 minutes later and drove the exact same pattern.  Then came back an hour later and did the same thing.

Plus one of my motion lights kicked on by itself a couple minutes ago.  I've seen it false kick on once before but usually it takes a human size object within 12 feet of my door to kick it on.

Can you tell I'm a bit cautious/paranoid about my surroundings right now?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They are watching you
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
"We've traced the number and......HE'S CALLING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!"
Seriously, slow down on the tweaking.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I just called my home phone from my cell and did a *69 and it worked fine.  So the *69 service is working.  I was thinking if that feature became unavailable to me for some reason I might get a busy signal but that wasn't it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
well when automated dialers are used to call people the number will be busy(like a collection agency)  the Van could be doing something that doesn't relate to you. I would have my FAL ready to go though nothing says go away like 308
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i believe you just dont have the *69 option on your phone plan and it restricts it.....either that or the phone number youre trying to reach is private or unable to trace.

if you want the funtion, invest in a caller ID box or pay the what is it 25 cents? or 75 cents or osmething like that each time you use it "ala carte" so to speak with your phone company
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i believe you just dont have the *69 option on your phone plan and it restricts it.....either that or the phone number youre trying to reach is private or unable to trace.

if you want the funtion, invest in a caller ID box or pay the what is it 25 cents? or 75 cents or osmething like that each time you use it "ala carte" so to speak with your phone company

Well I already covered 2 of those.  I called my phone from my cell and the ala carte feature works fine.  For companies that have their number unlisted I get a message saying the number is not available.

My guess is the busy signal happens when someone intentionally blocks their number on an otherwise public line.  The fact that this person has called 3 times in a hour, gotten a hold of me once but didn't speak, and all on the day that the kid I help put in jail could be bailed out on has me concerned.  According to the article in the paper he was fighting and headbutting the police officers.  If he's going to do that to a cop is it really out of the question that he wouldn't seek out some type revenge plot against me?  This is also a kid who stared down a gun, said "go ahead shoot me".  He's not playing with a full a deck.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
have you tried *87?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, silly, it means no 69 for you. As in "no soup for you" from Seinfeld...
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i believe you just don't have the *69 option on your phone plan and it restricts it.....either that or the phone number you're trying to reach is private or unable to trace.

if you want the function, invest in a caller ID box or pay the what is it 25 cents? or 75 cents or something like that each time you use it "ala carte" so to speak with your phone company

Well I already covered 2 of those.  I called my phone from my cell and the ala carte feature works fine.  For companies that have their number unlisted I get a message saying the number is not available.

My guess is the busy signal happens when someone intentionally blocks their number on an otherwise public line.  The fact that this person has called 3 times in a hour, gotten a hold of me once but didn't speak, and all on the day that the kid I help put in jail could be bailed out on has me concerned.  According to the article in the paper he was fighting and headbutting the police officers.  If he's going to do that to a cop is it really out of the question that he wouldn't seek out some type revenge plot against me?  This is also a kid who stared down a gun, said "go ahead shoot me".  He's not playing with a full a deck.  

If you think it's someone trying to bother you via the phone, just don't answer it. Let the answering machine get the call and answer with a generic message so the caller won't even hear your voice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you think it's someone trying to bother you via the phone, just don't answer it. Let the answering machine get the call and answer with a generic message so the caller won't even hear your voice.

That's what I have.  It's the generic male voice that came with it that says "Pleae leave a message after the tone."  Normally I don't answer it becuase no one I know calls me on it and if they do they will leave a message.  In this situation since it rang two different times really close together I didn't know if it was possible that the police were calling back to get more information or someone couldn't reach me on my cell.  I only have the home phone because it is required for my DSL internet connection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top