Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/21/2002 6:18:06 PM EDT
Sure to be banned by the BATFD as soon as some stupid ass Democrat can draft the bill and railroad it through congress...

GERMAN PREBAN ASSAULT DOGS $500.00
-some may be mixed breeds

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LQBcG5EOszu*qFAb2buTJm3m3SX7zFvaXBpp7upwoCTPWhJ15AmO55EzCWCxxOOH29omNpZyPh0/dog03.JPG[/img]

Get yours while you can. Sorry no sales to California. Cannot ship to NY, Mass or D.C. LE officers in those states may send their "forged" letterheads for RESTRICTED K-9 models.

WARNING: The addition of a "spiked collar" may be a violation of Federal law. Check with the ATFD for compliance.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it come with a muzzle break?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#3]

would it be legal to attach a bayonet to this model?

-Spaceman
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Does that model have a pistol grip? If it does, I couldn't tell since its leg was covering it...

What about a butt-stock?

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be more worried about how to attach the collapsible stock without getting bitten.

Do these things come in full auto?

What a shame...I've got a Dobie Gun but no Dobies.   I guess I'd better get some before they're banned.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Have one close to it came with a Sheperd scope,will digest anything I give it esp. Wolf(chilli)although after a full auto session have to walk away and get some freash air I thinks its the same damm powder they use in all thier stuff. Did not come with a pistol grip might try and add one in the future. Don't know what type of bipod is on it can't find a manufacture's name anywhere, might try and convert from a tube feed to a Beta mag. Hate to do too much mods since the damm thing is working like a champ the way it is, and any mods might get me in trouble with the law.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only $500, man what a bargain.[:)]
View Quote

That's before the ban, after they'll be like 2,500 for a used one. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Great posting.  So..... what does fully auto or three round mean....... bites automatically?  Three bites at once.....

My beloved died one year ago.  Have a CAV-15 w/ his name and birth/death year as a serial number.... He was only 2 [:(]  Big 'mutt'..... looked like a German Shep though.  Back was even w/ the picnic table....could look into the bed of a full sized 4x4 w/out straining himself.......
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it come with a muzzle break?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
View Quote

Its a "pre-ban"....it comes with a bark suppresor [;D]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Have we forgotten the extremely aggreessive defense of the blue and red heelers. These are fearless, very teritorial animals, and should undoubtedly be included in the assault dog ban. I got my pre-ban on the way. They also mind VERY well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#14]
They always look so peaceful when they're sleeping.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a Pre-ban Beagle with no flash suppressor.(sometimes he lays on his back with all his glory spread wide open)  
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I have three German Shepherds and eight Rough Collies,[size=3]WOO HOO! I've got me one of them thar arsenals!!![/size=3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a pre-ban rottie, but is getting worn out. Will I be grandfathered in for a replacement model due to prior possesion or do I have to possess prior to ban? I'm thinking of getting an Akita lower w/ a pit upper- is that legal? Hell, is it possible?!? [;)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 3:22:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Shadowblade%2Fchihua1%2Ejpg[/img]

Don't forget about the saturday night specials.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mines a true German Police model.

[img]http://glen.dodgedakotas.com/john/trucks/Lakota.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Hawkeye1,

That is a beautiful shepard. My wife and I have been [argue] lately about getting a dog. She wants a golden retriever and I want a true German Shepard. I love the all black and dark tan dogs. Any advice on what to look for?
E-mail me if you'd like. Post more pics if you got em!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/3.gif[/img]

Get a smaller one, for concealed carry :)
One for the belt, one for the shoulder holster, one for the boot :)
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They always look so peaceful when they're sleeping.
View Quote

Don't fall for it, it's a ploy. That's her "Come on in it's safe and I'm asleep" tactic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any advice on what to look for?
View Quote

I'd avoid AKC sheppards, they completely f*cked up the breed. Lots of health problems.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Pre and Post ban models?  

The post ban can't have teeth or paws.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd avoid AKC sheppards, they completely f*cked up the breed. Lots of health problems.
View Quote

I don't know where you get your info, but that is a load of crap. Those who believe German bred Shepherds are supperior to American bred shepherds are misinformed at the least. To say American breeders f*cked up the breed is is a statement made by those who don't know the diference between the two.

I base my statements on over 25yrs in the breed.

BTW: This is not meant to be a flame job, merely to provide information to correct any misconception on the German Shepherd breed.[:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#27]

[size=6][center][red]WTB
Saturday Night Beagle

or will trade for

LNIB [b]preban[/b] Shepherd
[/size=6][/center][/red]

Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#29]
...when I worked at the Sheriffs office as a personal dog. I have been involved with our K9 unit quite a bit, and my vet,,,
View Quote

Hawkeye,
I'm really sorry to hear that. [:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't know where you get your info, but that is a load of crap. Those who believe German bred Shepherds are supperior to American bred shepherds are misinformed at the least. To say American breeders f*cked up the breed is is a statement made by those who don't know the diference between the two.

BTW: This is not meant to be a flame job, merely to provide information to correct any misconception on the German Shepherd breed.[:)]
View Quote

Are you saying the AKC Sheppards DON'T have hip problems?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Do those eat Wolf.........ammo?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I talked to a guy locally that trains police shepards and labs for a living. He told me that AKC dogs are not only highly subject to hip problems, but they way they are bred, they are a danger to the handler.

He told me that it's possible to breed a beagle and a poodle and get it registered with the AKC.

I think I'll look for a true German dog or cow-down and go with the wife's Golden. We had two when I was a child and they were great dogs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#33]
SA:
View Quote

That oughta end [b]that[/b] argument....
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#34]
I hear the German models can run as fast as 50 craps per second if you run NATO ammo.

My post-ban lab runs a little faster, but the loads are lighter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#35]
don't forget about the rare imported Belgian models
[img]http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/4/55/95/28445595SwhevbqOBs_ph.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I've got a preban Australian shepperd upper with a Golden Retriever lower, has a pistol grip but I wouldn't advise putting your hand around it. Eats anything I feed it, has never had a FTE. Has a personality like this:[bounce]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#37]
"......who needs a dog that big? Nobody NEEDS a dog that big....."

Sound like something else we love and enjoy??

Damn liberal lawyers
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#38]
RobertInMaine, no I didn't make the connection.
Good point though (you must be a "fert smeller"). [:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Flash hiders, buttstocks, bayo lugs? Those are firearm items?

*Yes, I do know it was satire*

-switching back to concecerned freedom fighter mode...

The K-9 assault dog accessories to be banned are as follows...

Tactical nylon or cloth leashes of specific lengths and colors. Black, OD, Khaki and all recognized military/LE colors are banned.

Civilian legal leashes must be neon pink, green or orange with relfective stripping.

A body weight of more than 50lbs. when fully matured - ALL BREEDS.

Any spiked, metallic or chain collar. All collars must be of the same material and color as civilian legal leashes. Using "totally gay" bandanas for a color remains legal unless they are recognized "gang colors." Pride flag patterns are encouraged.

Body armor, protective wear. It shall be illegal to fortify a dog for any reason.

Silent dog whistles. As they can be used to silently mobilize and train a dog they shall be banned. Softly whisteling to your dog, even with just your lips, shall be a class B misdemeanor.

Paramilitary or tactical training. If your dog can do anything else besides come, sit, roll over or play dead, it shall be a class A felony. In fact "playing dead" could have unlawful uses so add tht to the list.

Barking of a certain pitch and ferocity. Any undue or menacing bass or low threatening tones are unlawful and will constitute "verbal assault."

Poodles reamin legal despite their crappy tempermaent.

Individual states can enact NO DOG legislation at their discretion.

Yeah, we laugh. But give it ten years.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

no this is a post ban model your only allowed one evil feature! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
...when I worked at the Sheriffs office as a personal dog. I have been involved with our K9 unit quite a bit, and my vet,,,
View Quote

Hawkeye,
I'm really sorry to hear that. [:D][:D][:D]
View Quote

Yea i heard were in a reccession but man! getting hired has a dog. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#42]
THEY ARE BANNING THESE DOGS ANOTHER WAY; HOME INSURANCE...MANY PEOPLE ARE UNABLE TO GET THEIR HOUSE INSURED BECAUSE THEY HAVE 'ASSAULT' DOGS. I HAVE THREE 'NICE' GSD'S

GIB187TH
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]
This is Glock with a politically correct 10 round magazine:

[img]http://www.lorekeepers.org/Curtis/David/jpg/duchess.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
THEY ARE BANNING THESE DOGS ANOTHER WAY; HOME INSURANCE...MANY PEOPLE ARE UNABLE TO GET THEIR HOUSE INSURED BECAUSE THEY HAVE 'ASSAULT' DOGS. I HAVE THREE 'NICE' GSD'S

GIB187TH
View Quote

TRUE. But here is your "loophole"...

claim they are mixed breeds. Something about a certain number of US parts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I think my post-ban has worms or its back legs just went bad cause its dragging itself across the carpet, any ideas or should I go over to the Maintance and Cleaning forum for answers. Oh no she's doing it again gota go.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think my post-ban has worms or its back legs just went bad cause its dragging itself across the carpet, any ideas or should I go over to the Maintance and Cleaning forum for answers. Oh no she's doing it again gota go.
View Quote

Sounds like it's got fouling in the rear of the bore (exit gas port).
Seriously, see your vet & let him stick his fingers in your dogs anal glands to clean them out. This is common, but I pay my vet 'cause I ain't sticking anything in a rottweilers (my dog) ass. [;)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I pay my vet 'cause I ain't sticking anything in a rottweilers (my dog) ass. [;)]
View Quote

Good thinking! Most likely all you'd be drawing back was a bloody stump!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like it's got fouling in the rear of the bore (exit gas port).
Seriously, see your vet & let him stick his fingers in your dogs anal glands to clean them out. This is common, but I pay my vet 'cause I ain't sticking anything in a rottweilers (my dog) ass. [;)]
View Quote
Now you got me thinking forward assist
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

To answer your question.
First of all AKC has nothing to do with the breeding of ANY DOG. AKC registers both the German and American lines.

The reason police deptartments purchase German Shepherds from Germany is because they have alredy gone through Schutzhund training which consists of tracking, obedience, temperment testing, and attack training  to make sure they are sound enough to be unaffected by gunfire and other loud noises and to follow commands without question or hesitation.

This is not to say American bred dogs can't do this, it's just that Schutzhund is more popular in Germany.

The dogs are over two and a half years old, which is the age they stop growing, in order to have their OFA for hips and elbows which is why Departments NEVER purchase puppies.

Their commands are taught in German so as not confuse the dog if the perp is screaming "Stop"

ANY large breed is suceptible to hip or elbow dysplasia NO MATTER WHERE THEY COME FROM. Besides being genetic, to much protien in the diet has been PROVEN to CAUSE hip and elbow dysplasia, I will be more than happy to provide you with documentation if you are interested.

The American line of German Shepherds, and we aren't talking "backyard breeders" here, are being bred for the best movement to herd sheep, the job they were bred to do.

If you have ever been to a German Shepherd specialty, you will notice that they are being judged fully on movement and temperment. and if you have taken the time to look at American bred champions pedegree, you will notice the OFA numbers listed for hips and elbows. In case you are not informed of what that means, It means the dog MUST be two and a half years or older and microchiped for ID. The X-Rays are sent to AKC, which are reviewed by the OFA foundation and three Veteranarians who are not associated with each other.

They are rated good or bad. If they pass, they receive an OFA#. One for hips, one for elbows.

The difference between the American breed and the German breed is style.

Don't knock American bred Shepherds unless you know all the facts. I am not putting down the German line, I prefer the American bred dogs.

I have had several of my Shepherds herding tested, they all passed, and some of my Shepherds hold herding titles, obedience titles, therapy dog, as well as being shown in conformation.

For your information, the difference in style between the American line and the German line is the American line is more angulated, but does not constitute hip or elbow problems, but it DOES give them more endurance in herding sheep, because their movement and ballance are effortless.

To say that one is supperior over the other is doing the entire breed a great injustice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#50]
[:)]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/rooball.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/roorun.jpg[/img]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top