Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 2:42:41 PM EDT
[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1954000/1954398.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You're having problems understanding plain English.

[i]In Germany, lawmakers approved a government proposal to tighten weapons laws, by [b]coincidence[/b] just two hours after the massacre.

"coincidence", meaning it coincides quite eerily that a tighter gunlaw was approved by German lawmakers at the time of the shooting. The reading and the vote for that bill were scheduled to be on APR 26 weeks ago.

You're implying a action-reaction causality chain (which the article doesn't, btw)
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ironic that this happened in Erfurt.  No doubt the Mauser bros. are spinning in their graves.
View Quote

What would Erfurt have to do with the Mauser brothers? It's a 6 hour drive from Erfurt to Oberndorf am Neckar, where the Mauser factory was, and that's stepping on it.
Even if the two towns were close together, I still fail to see the alleged irony.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what sort of shooting we're going to have here in the USA between now and the sunset. Once they start considering a replacement ban watch for a school shooting.

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ironic that this happened in Erfurt.  No doubt the Mauser bros. are spinning in their graves.
View Quote

What would Erfurt have to do with the Mauser brothers? It's a 6 hour drive from Erfurt to Oberndorf am Neckar, where the Mauser factory was, and that's stepping on it.
Even if the two towns were close together, I still fail to see the alleged irony.
View Quote

Some Mauser rifles were mfd in Erfurt.
View Quote

Some were made in Chile, and Czechia, and Spain. I still don't get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top