Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 11:51:18 PM EDT
The website this was posted on requires you to log in to view the thread so I will copy/paste the text.

So, my court-martial was today...
and I got off. Turns out shooting at a policeman after he opens fire on me for legally (in his eyes illegally) carrying an MP7 is justifiable self defense.

The back story:
A few months back, our unit got the order to carry 24/7, even in civvies. Some readyness BS to do with our deployment schedule.

Cue me buying some bike parts. A civilian I didn't recognize started shouting at me: "Drop the gun!"

Now, it was in the small of my back. How to drop it? Ah well, care factory. I didn't have the time to do anything. While I was still standing there, slightly nonplussed, the fuckstick fires a "warning shot". My training reacts, and my bad aim gets him two hits in the shoulder, instead of two in the chest, one in the head.

I disarmed him, started to bandage the shoulder (he was out cold), when the sirens approach.

Cue two cars full of MPs, and a bunch of local cops.

My commander already told me I would get off, but still, what a relief.

Civilian court date is the 12th, we'll see what happens. Court date for damages (the cop sued me of course) is still to be set.

Moral:
Seriously, don't shoot at a serviceman who carrys. He might just be a better shot than me.

I'm with the Division Special Operations, Special NBC Reaction Platoon.

Wound-wise, it didn't make that much of a hole until it hit the joint, which shattered. The deformed, probably tumbling bullet made a 30mm exit hole.
The other round went straight though, 5mm entrance, 15mm exit.

Here is how he describes his carry setup, sounds pretty uncomfortable:

Shoulder holster+Sewing machine+Wife=lower back holster

No idea if any of this is true or not, here is the link to the thread if you want to register and check it out: www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=748260
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, at least we know that little 4.6mm round works
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Smells a little like...you know.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW!  What a story.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Smells a little like...you know.

Yeah I feel that way too, can't find any news articles to back it up.

Supposedly he will post pics of his setup at the end of next week once he gets the gun back from evidence.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, might as well get started:
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The back story:
A few months back, our unit got the order to carry 24/7, even in civvies. Some readyness BS to do with our deployment schedule.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#7]
An MP7... Doubt it...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I did...

I was just too lazy to raise the flag.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
oh yeah, ordered to carry 24/7, with a non-issue firearm.....on foreign soil.  Yeah.....BS.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Thats what you get for frequenting an anime website. It sounds like an anime website with a name like 'genmay'
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thats what you get for frequenting an anime website. It sounds like an anime website with a name like 'genmay'

Not an anime forum, GenMay stands for General Mayhem

Enigma, it seems like bs to me too but he does say he is German, not American.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did...

I was just too lazy to raise the flag.

Gotta raise the flag if you want the points!

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's been a while, but im guesing it's an offshoot of [H]ardocp....a computer overclocker and hardware forum. They used to have a "general discussion" type area names "general Mayhem". I'm guessing, much like our GD, it got too off track. So they probably created it's own forum.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's been a while, but im guesing it's an offshoot of [H]ardocp....a computer overclocker and hardware forum. They used to have a "general discussion" type area names "general Mayhem". I'm guessing, much like our GD, it got too off track. So they probably created it's own forum.

Yeah it came from HardForums, the General Mayhem section was removed so someone made a separate site.

I hardly ever visit anymore, but I check the weapons section from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah.......right....
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hardly ever visit anymore, but I check the weapons section from time to time.

Didn't know they had one. Sounds like Airsoft Central! lol..
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
without a link to a reputable source I doubt it.

But who knows, germans are weird...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Small of back, really? Wow!! I thought my Glock 17 was a little big for small of the back small.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Listen, you guys have to stop being so cynical.
It's obviously true, it's on the internet

+1

Chances are this is complete BS, the Polizei wouldn't take too kindly to someone shooting a fellow officer and likely would have filled the guy full of holes or literally beaten him to death.  No such thing as police brutality in Deutschland.

Ask anyone who was stationed there or who lives in Europe, they will tell you straight up the Polizei are NOT to screwed with.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Gotta raise the flag if you want the points!

Point to you...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#22]
most people on GenMay are complete idiots who are notorious for outrageous stories.  I'm calling BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top