Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 3:23:20 PM EDT

Middle Georgians rushed out Wednesday to take advantage of
the state’s new fireworks laws, but some stores weren’t quite ready.

View Quote

Though
Jake’s Fireworks, a Kansas-based retailer that opened five stores this
year in Georgia, spent the past couple of weeks advertising heavily in
anticipation of the new law going into effect Wednesday, its two stores
on Gray Highway and Mercer University Drive remained closed to customers
because the buildings failed inspections.

Rusty Watson, who
manages the Jake’s Fireworks stores in Georgia, said he was disappointed
that the stores were unable to open, especially with the Fourth of July
holiday weekend so close. He said he hopes the stores will be able to
open Thursday morning.

"That’s the plan,” he said. "We’ll open as soon as they tell us we can.”

Macon-Bibb
County spokesman Chris Floore said the Business Services Department --
which oversees inspections -- was never contacted in advance.

Would-be
customers arrived at the store’s Mercer University Drive location as
early as 7:45 a.m. Wednesday hoping to buy fireworks that shoot up in
the air, which were previously illegal in Georgia. The new law allows
for larger, more powerful fireworks, including sky rockets, bottle
rockets, spinners, aerial shell kits and mortars.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/07/01/3824331/new-fireworks-stores-opening-delayed.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.macon.com/2015/07/01/3824331/new-fireworks-stores-opening-delayed.html

Colton Purvis, 11, looks through a selection
of fireworks at TNT Fireworks on Tom Hill Sr. Boulevard on Wednesday.
Purvis was shopping with his father, Mark, and sister Myranda.
               JASON VORHEES — [email protected]

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/07/01/3824331/new-fireworks-stores-opening-delayed.html#storylink=cpy

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
How much do you want to bet that the building inspector isn't working tomorrow, especially if they don't pass the inspection this afternoon.

Gray Hwy store was supposed to be inspected this morning, at 11:00am.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Fireworks are dangerous.

Just go out and get hammered on a small boat on a deep lake at night like everyone else does on the 4th.... for your own safety.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have fireworks someone gave to me several years ago.

I just never feel the need
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
And the state legislature forgot to include no use on public land so ALL the parks are open for public fireworks usage.

It should make for some fun this year.

(I always go to Alabama to get mine but I live just a mile or so from the store that sells them.)
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I fucking hate fireworks. Dumbasses set them off in the neighborhood and hot shit falls all over my trucks every Independence day and New years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fucking hate fireworks. Dumbasses set them off in the neighborhood and hot shit falls all over my trucks every Independence day and New years.
View Quote

Return fire.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been known to go outside late at night with mortars once in a while.  Light the fuse and yell frag out and toss it into the big field out back.  

Fire works are fun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cover your truck maybe? Nah, that wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Here in the mountains we've been getting the good stuff since I moved here. Had no idea the rest of Georgia was that way.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never been without fireworks . It is 40 miles to the border .
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Chief Weems of Oconee County has some relevant advice:

https://www.facebook.com/oconeesheriff/posts/1149536108406751
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
                                   Middle Georgians rushed out Wednesday to take advantage of the state’s new fireworks laws, but some stores weren’t quite ready.

Though Jake’s Fireworks, a Kansas-based retailer that opened five stores this year in Georgia, spent the past couple of weeks advertising heavily in anticipation of the new law going into effect Wednesday, its two stores on Gray Highway and Mercer University Drive remained closed to customers because the buildings failed inspections.

Rusty Watson, who manages the Jake’s Fireworks stores in Georgia, said he was disappointed that the stores were unable to open, especially with the Fourth of July holiday weekend so close. He said he hopes the stores will be able to open Thursday morning.

"That’s the plan,” he said. "We’ll open as soon as they tell us we can.”

Macon-Bibb County spokesman Chris Floore said the Business Services Department -- which oversees inspections -- was never contacted in advance.

Would-be customers arrived at the store’s Mercer University Drive location as early as 7:45 a.m. Wednesday hoping to buy fireworks that shoot up in the air, which were previously illegal in Georgia. The new law allows for larger, more powerful fireworks, including sky rockets, bottle rockets, spinners, aerial shell kits and mortars.

http://www.macon.com/2015/07/01/3824331/new-fireworks-stores-opening-delayed.html

http://media.macon.com/smedia/2015/07/01/17/22/IPYmX.AuSt.71.jpeg

Colton Purvis, 11, looks through a selection of fireworks at TNT Fireworks on Tom Hill Sr. Boulevard on Wednesday. Purvis was shopping with his father, Mark, and sister Myranda.                JASON VORHEES[email protected]

lol

I did too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#16]
The store near me was packed. They have the good stuff, "Snakes and Sparklers".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just be glad you don't live in a neighborhood where people crank off rounds into the air in celebration.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL, we just make our own... aluminum powder and ammonium nitrate... requires ear plugs to set them off though...

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You some kind of gayhippecommieterroristfaggot?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom can be scary at times
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just be glad you don't live in a neighborhood where people crank off rounds into the air in celebration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sit there thinking "none of those could possibly be set up to bump fire blanks".
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#23]
They've loosened the laws in NH in the last few years. It used to be you had to go all the way to SC for fireworks.

Of course, there are the "OMG FIREWERKS! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!" stories in the paper.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Pick up my pack today, may pick up a few things tomorrow but in short part of being an American is embarrassing our heritage

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't read it, are they allowed to fuck them now or are they sold in combination with Mountain Dew?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fireworks are great... they're are some of the most fun a boy can have.  

Two thumb stumps up

View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They've loosened the laws in NH in the last few years. It used to be you had to go all the way to SC for fireworks.

Of course, there are the "OMG FIREWERKS! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!" stories in the paper.
View Quote

Can you get bottle rockets and firecrackers?  I love those.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Park in your garage
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Wonder if they'll sell these at Wal-Mart

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top