Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 7:58:47 AM EDT
Georgia Woman Arrested For Trying To Help

Story by wsbtv.com

Brandy Tinkler says she was trying to do the right thing.

It all started when a home was burglarized in the Riverside neighborhood in northwest Atlanta. Cash and a gun were among the list of items stolen from the home. That's when Brandy Tinkler came upon a beat up looking young man.

She says he looked shaken, scared and that he had been crying. The boy said he had been beaten up and asked to use Tinkler's phone to call his mom, which Tinkler agreed to. The boy called his mother, who then asked to speak to Tinkler to ask her to drive her son home, which Tinkler also agreed to do.

Later that evening, Tinkler says she found out from a neighbor that a home had been robbed in the neighborhood, and that's when Tinkler decided to call the police to report her earlier run-in with the beat up boy. She says that's when police asked her to come down the police station, where she spent 36 hours before being charged with a felony of hindering the apprehension of a criminal.

Tinkler says she is shocked by the charges and was just trying to help police out. Her neighbors agree and are coming to her defense.

Police have not commented on the case.

I cant see a jury convicting her.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't see this making it anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
i can't seeing this go to court.  Some leo  should be reprimanded.  
unless, of course, there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds like a total waste of the courts time
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...unless, of course, there is more to the story.

If they interviewed her at the station maybe she admitted she knew the guy and had reason to believe he had just commited a burglary? It sure seems like a week case but the article only gives her side of the story and reeks of damage control.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes, provided what was written in that story is the truth.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...unless, of course, there is more to the story.

If they interviewed her at the station maybe she admitted she knew the guy and had reason to believe he had just commited a burglary? It sure seems like a weekweak case but the article only gives her side of the story and reeks of damage control.

Will a Jury convict her
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can't see this making it anywhere.

except perhaps a lawsuit....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Never underestimate the stupidity of a jury!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very True.
As sad as it is!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very True.
As sad as it is!

Yeah really! it goes beyond what the jury might actually belive anyway. It the judge gives them instructions that say basically "well it's not how you feel about this case, it's weather she broke the law as it is written. If she did then you have no choice whatsoever but must convict." And even if the jury declares not-guilty the judge could set aside the decision and make his own anyway!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, provided what was written in that story is the truth the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Fixed it
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]

where she spent 36 hours before being charged with a felony of hindering the apprehension of a criminal.

Im no lawyer but if thats the whole story wouldnt she be charged with aiding and abbeting a criminal? This charge makes it seem theres something else going on. But im in reality im clueless .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top