Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2016 6:39:37 PM EDT
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayton-county/video-of-mother-whipping-daughter-with-belt-sparks-internal-investigation/234367917

he mother said she expressed apprehension about striking her child because of a case she has against her in juvenile court involving an older daughter, but that an officer advised her some corporal punishment is legal in Georgia.

“I whipped her and she take off the handcuffs and she went upstairs,” the mother said.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad whipped the living shit out of me and my three brothers on a regular basis. We are some of the finest members society could ask for because of it.

Eta: I didn't read the article.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
In before the user that that disowns his kids at 16
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayton-county/video-of-mother-whipping-daughter-with-belt-sparks-internal-investigation/234367917

he mother said she expressed apprehension about striking her child because of a case she has against her in juvenile court involving an older daughter, but that an officer advised her some corporal punishment is legal in Georgia.

“I whipped her and she take off the handcuffs and she went upstairs,” the mother said.

View Quote

I'm confused... Is the problem that the cops didn't volunteer to whip the kid for the mother?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Needs more buckle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would the officers even get involved in something like that? Put in handcuffs because of her behavior? 17 years old is a little too late for some "scared straight" BS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not averse to corporal punishment, but that's not acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

She should have beaten the kid with a grammar book.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would the officers even get involved in something like that? Put in handcuffs because of her behavior? 17 years old is a little too late for some "scared straight" BS.
View Quote

My guess is because they're idiots.

Here's my order of concerns while at work:

1. The physical safety of myself and the non-criminal public

2. Not doing things that will get my fired, IA complaints, or in the news.

3. Everything else.

99. Raising other people's deliquent children.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats dead wrong.  And the cops are seriously wrong to stand and watch a handcuffed person be beaten.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

3. Everything else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3. Everything else.

That's a good list of your 99 problems.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Some kids just need a good whoopin'.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Draw blood? Break any bones? 0 fucks given. Kid should stop being a shit head. At least the mom is trying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

She should have used something more effective.  That belt just wasn't cutting the mustard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thats dead wrong.  And the cops are seriously wrong to stand and watch a handcuffed person be beaten.
View Quote

Yeah, well, that's like... Your opinion, man.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Bull.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Hitting/beating a restrained person is one of the lowest things you can do imo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top