Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:22:31 PM EDT
OK, I am probably a little late to the punch here.  (pun intended) but I bought one of the little GF Grilling machines a few weeks back to use in the truck.  Wal-Mart had them for $18 and I remember my sister telling me how much she liked hers.  I got the champ w/bun warmer for !* bucks and most places want 25 for the basic champ grill without the bun warmer.  I use it for hamburgers, grill cheese, quesadillas, grilled veggies and all sorts of stuff.  I also have a gas stove and microwave in the truck.  Since I got the grill I used the microwave once to quick heat some water for some Earl Grey and haven't used the gas stove at all.  This little machine is absolutely awesome.  I just wish I would have bought one years ago.  Dinner tonight, Angus burger and grilled veggies (bell pepper and onion)  I save about $40 a week fixing my own food in the truck and this machine is fast, lean (all the fat runs out into the drip pan) and does a hell of a lot more for flavor than pan frying could ever do.  I absolutely love this thing...

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Move over Martha Stewart, psyguy is in town.

btw, do you live in a truck?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mild hijack:

I'll be moving into an apartment where gas grills are a nono. Does Foreman or anyone else make a suitable impersonation on which I could grill a steak?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to live down the street from him, nice guy, lots of kids.  We have two of his grills, the big one and the little one, works great.  Use it on veggies as well as meat, works great.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mild hijack:

I'll be moving into an apartment where gas grills are a nono. Does Foreman or anyone else make a suitable impersonation on which I could grill a steak?

I think you're better off searing the steak on a cast iron skillet on the stove, then finishing it in the oven. The Foreman grills I've seen and used all manage to squeeze out all of the juice along with the fat.

They're real good for grilled cheese sandwiches, though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
In spite of the quality of his grill GF is a Liberal who is anti-gun.  Knock yourself out using and promoting his totally awesom grill and stuff.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn. I love a flame-broiled steak.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mild hijack:

I have seen electric tabletop grills (look like a gas grill with grating and all, but are electric, not same as foreman) at some kitchen appliance departments.  These use electric burners (similar to stove top) located beneath a grilling grate.  Should work for you.  I have heard that these are great for steak, but haven't tried it yet.  It does however work great on everything that I have tried it on so far.  

As to GFs gun views, I am sorry, but the money I am saving by using his grill is that much more I can invest in ammo.  Therefor, he is supporting my fire arms useage.  

Oh yeah, Do I live in the truck?  Pretty much.  6 days 5 nights a week.  Sometimes more.....I have everything in the truck that I have at home, except a bathroom.  (showers at trucstop)  Oh, it is a tractor trailer, not a pickup truck.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Good for hamburgers.  Will make chicken dry. Waste of a good steak.  For me it was a burger machine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
How could something that pulls all of juices away from the food give a better flavor then a pan that actually uses the juices to cook?

Not saying the GF grill isn't any good, but saying it has more flavor then a pan just doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How could something that pulls all of juices away from the food give a better flavor then a pan that actually uses the juices to cook?

Not saying the GF grill isn't any good, but saying it has more flavor then a pan just doesn't add up.

Its good for burgers because you don;t have to drain them.  And you can buy the cheaper high fat meat.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It allows the excess fat to drain away.  Also, you get the char grill marks without burning the whole thing.  Sorta flame broiled flavor without the flame.  As for using cheaper higher fat meat, I won't do that either because of shrinkage.  All I ever use is at least 93% lean angus beef.  I am a stickler for quality in meat.  Blame that on my ag teacher in HS and my mother that taught me how to choose quality and how that actually saves money.  (less shrinkage, goes further.  savings/shrinkage=negative savings)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#12]
its good for brats and burgers and thats about it.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top