Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 8:09:39 PM EDT
Yeahhh! Just got mine and it is the best thing since sliced bread! So many tasty combinations
for a guy with so little cookery skill.
Anyone Else addicted to the G Foreman grille?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I am.  I use mine every day.  I've already worn out two of them.  I'm on my third one.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot dogs come out tasting great with mine!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm not quite so addicted to mine. But it is amazing how much grease drains off a hamburger patty and how little from a pork chop.

I do like it though. It sure cooks faster than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup!  Amazing little invention.  We use ours mostly for burgers but toss a steak on from time to time.

Worth its weight in gold.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
boneless skinless chicken breasts are great, London Broil - has to be room temp all the way through when starting, sliced veggies, salmon, sausages, did I mention boneless skinless chicken breasts?

avoid anything marinated if the marinade has sugar, that tends to burn before cooking is finished
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not have the grill, but I do like George Foreman..
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
boneless skinless chicken breasts are great, London Broil - has to be room temp all the way through when starting, sliced veggies, salmon, sausages, did I mention boneless skinless chicken breasts?

avoid anything marinated if the marinade has sugar, that tends to burn before cooking is finished
View Quote

Yup! Boneless Skinless chicken breast ROCKKS on the GF Grill. I'm gonna try strips of seasoned steak and veggies next for some kickass fajitas.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The thing is great for frying up bacon.  all the grease rolls off and no splattering or popping.  I can fry up a pound in about 15 minutes.  Cooks burgers fast and they are real juicy.  

Oh thank you George for such a great kitchen appliance.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#10]
We've got one that my Grandma originally bought about five years ago or so, but never use it.  Now you got me thinking about using it, as it always worked so fast for her and cleanup was so easy too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought the big one, used it quite a bit.  Broke down and bought a gas grill, haven't used the GF Grill since.

It is now yard sale fodder.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one for $12 from a shit hole called frys.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought frys sold a knock0ff?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#15]
one of my roommates had one (then he moved out) but I never got around to using it.  I dunno if there's another one around here or not, but I think there might actually be one.

I've never understood the advantage of using one over a regular grill, but then I figured out "it's not a real grill, it's a kitchen appliance" and it all fell into place ...

I'll have to try it if there really is one sitting around.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I thought frys sold a knock0ff?
View Quote

It was the real deal. They had a shitload of them in a big pile. I haven't even taken it out of the box since I bought it last year because I am so damn poor I can't afford anything to cook on the thing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I like the idea that it has a heating element on both sides, meaning there's no need to flip food over.  For some reason the top element on mine runs a little hotter than the bottom one, but otherwise heat is distributed evenly.

I'm also amazed how much water and grease come out frozen chicken breasts and hamburgers, and how very little comes out of porkchops.  

The other appliance I like using is an old Black and Decker vegetable steamer.  Fill with water, turn knob, put in food.  Timer goes off, take out food.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#18]
My Mother-In-Law has one and uses the snot out of it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a george foreman but hated cleaning it, so I replaced it with one that has removable plates that you can pop in the sink or dishwasher. Far better than the GF. I don't know the make/model, but I'll post it later.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had a george foreman but hated cleaning it, so I replaced it with one that has removable plates that you can pop in the sink or dishwasher. Far better than the GF. I don't know the make/model, but I'll post it later.

View Quote

I think it is by black n decker....I had one for a while...you are right...the removable grate is easy to clean up.....I think the George dries the chicken breast to much....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#21]
The single most used appliance in our home (after the fridge)...We are on our 3rd.  The kids keep ruining the teflon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#22]
George Foreman grill + Omaha Steaks gourmet burgers = [^]

The only drawback is having to use it outside, super-sensitive smoke alarm.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#23]
gf has one,  It's OK, but I like and prefer the open flame type grills...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [:)]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got a new one. Good deal at wal[:)]mart. Extra large GF Grill and GF Roaster for $99.00 The grill alone used to cost that much.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#25]
I didn't know what you guys were talking about until I realized you didn't say;

[b]GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL[RED]ED[/RED][/B]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#26]
my wife just had to have one, so we got one and she has yet to use it one single time, in 3 years.  im the only one that really cooks, and im an outside bbq kinda guy..............
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#27]
okay, either my old roommate left his here or it showed up some other way, but I found the GF grill.  it's lacking the grease tray, but a cookie sheet does the job just as well.

well, I fired it up with a boneless/skinless chicken breast.  I love it.

defrost chicken in microwave 3 minutes.  plug in grill.  by the time the chicken is done, the grill is ready.  chicken's just thawed, not cooked at all.

pop two pieces of bread in toaster, break off a couple pieces of lettuce, chop up a tomato, butter up the toast, slice some cheese.  by this time, the chicken's done.  put it all on the sammich, and eat it up.

yum, pretty good, easy, quick toasted chicken sammich.  I think I will be using this grill a lot more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top