Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2011 3:10:04 PM EDT
Sorry I am late to the party, but as days go by, I find George Carlin makes more and more sense every day...

Just had this clip sent ot me by a friend and after i saw it, i was like... "Gee! George Carlin must've has a personal crystal ball..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tLR7t9bYE

Miss the old man, he makes a ton of sense, specially now.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Carlin. He goes after both sides and isnt afraid to tell it like it is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#3]
He's dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Carlin only went after the left to appear even handed in the eyes of the right.  He was a leftist who knew who was buttering his bread.  He hated conservatives, christians and gun owners.  He took every opportunity to lampoon our beliefs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Not exactly his best stuff.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Very shortly someone will be along to tell you that throughout his 50 years or so of stand up comedy and commentary he never got one thing right because he was a fucking faggot pinko commie hippe long haired cock sucker.

I enjoyed his comedy, commentary and style. I also agree that in many ways he was in tune with the world around him and called  lot of shots before they left the park.

ETA: Damn it, beaten.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carlin only went after the left to appear even handed in the eyes of the right.  He was a leftist who knew who was buttering his bread.  He hated conservatives, christians and gun owners.  He took every opportunity to lampoon our beliefs.[

Had some witty thought provoking bits but that above was the overall theme.  Above was the quote.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This should be a train wreck.

Yep. IBTL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP GC
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Even if he was a Lefty, he had some good jokes on both sides. FFS.

This IS the train wreck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a great rant.

Politicians are put there to give you that idea that you have freedom of choice. You don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations, and they’ve long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State Houses, and the City Halls. They’ve got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear.

They’ve got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I’ll tell you what they don’t want—they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That’s against their interest. You know something, they don’t want people that are smart enough to sit around their kitchen table and figure out how badly they’re getting fucked by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Carlin made his entire career from one 5 minute bit.  The 7 words you can't say on TV or Radio launched him to worldwide fame.  IMHO, it was the zenith of his career.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It's the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman, with the Hippy-Dippy weather, man!
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carlin only went after the left to appear even handed in the eyes of the right.  He was a leftist who knew who was buttering his bread.  He hated conservatives, christians and gun owners.  He took every opportunity to lampoon our beliefs.

Is there more to being a lefty besides hating conservatives, christians and gun owners? Like any ideas he espoused that would have made him a lefty if conservatives, christians and gun owners didn't exist for him to hate?
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]
You have owners, they own you.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgfzzwoyK4

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and was a troofer

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#17]
"Made"  
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there more to being a lefty besides hating conservatives, christians and gun owners? Like any ideas he espoused that would have made him a lefty if conservatives, christians and gun owners didn't exist for him to hate?

Isn't that what I said?

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#19]
That guy was funny as hell, especially in the early years. I never cared about his politics.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]
It's easy to hate him because he was right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, he's right about there not really being any such thing as rights.  Except insofar as a convention our civilization agreed upon a long time ago.  As far as nature is concerned, there is only the ability to do something or the lack of ability to do something.

His monologue is nonsensical tho, to anyone who has ever read the actual bill of rights.  Only 10 rights?  Read it again, George.  Pay close attention to the last two amendments.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup big time uber libtard type that you want to choke out. I dont care that hes dead, good riddance you leftist hack.

That said, his album "A Place for my Stuff" had me cracking up when I was  younger. The game show  "Ahole Jackoff or Scumbag" was priceless.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sorry I am late to the party, but as days go by, I find George Carlin makes more and more sense every day...

Just had this clip sent ot me by a friend and after i saw it, i was like... "Gee! George Carlin must've has a personal crystal ball..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tLR7t9bYE

Miss the old man, he makes a ton of sense, specially now.

Carlin was, and likely always will be, my favorite comedian.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
He's funny but his politics suck.

In on 1.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
my favorite Carlin quote: "eat right, stay fit.....and DIE ANYWAY".....
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You have owners, they own you.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgfzzwoyK4

"It's a big club and you aint in it"

Like it or not...he's dead on...
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This should be a train wreck.

Its pretty bad whena mod the SS says that
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I never thought that bit to be particularly brilliant. Its like saying the sky is blue in daytime. Its been that say since the beginning, I dont know why some folkj treat it as some super prophetic speech by Carlin.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#29]
He was a LOT funnier when he was talking about "stuff" and flamethrowers and cats and baseball..............

Has there ever been a conservative comedian?
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He was a LOT funnier when he was talking about "stuff" and flamethrowers and cats and baseball..............

Larry the Cable Guy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry the Cable Guy?

He's not funny, though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry the Cable Guy?

He's not funny, though.

Lord, he apologies for dat right dur.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"It's a big club and you aint in it"

Like it or not...he's dead on...

Fucking right he is about that issue.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dennis Miller, Larry the Cable guy, Bill Engvall, there just to name 3 off the top of my head.

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well, he's right about there not really being any such thing as rights.  Except insofar as a convention our civilization agreed upon a long time ago.  As far as nature is concerned, there is only the ability to do something or the lack of ability to do something.

I wholeheartedly agree.

His monologue is nonsensical tho, to anyone who has ever read the actual bill of rights.  Only 10 rights?  Read it again, George.  Pay close attention to the last two amendments.

He can't. He dead.

ETA:
Quoted:
Dennis Miller, Larry the Cable guy, Bill Engvall, there just to name 3 off the top of my head.

Dennis Miller is strenuously anti-gun, IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw George Carlin back when I was in high school. There was a steady stream of people walking out the entire show.

I can't imagine what they thought they were going to be seeing that night
Link Posted: 4/17/2011 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 4/17/2011 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I never thought that bit to be particularly brilliant. Its like saying the sky is blue in daytime. Its been that say since the beginning, I dont know why some folkj treat it as some super prophetic speech by Carlin.  

Sadly most people think the U.S. is still run by its constituents, so its not that clear as day for most.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry the Cable Guy?

He's not funny, though.

Hope you weener falls off for that sacriledgious comment. LOL!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#40]
See, the thing is, I can find a comedian funny even if I don't agree with his views or what he's saying.

Apparently I'm in the minority.

Just watched all the Carlin specials on Netflix streaming over the last week or so.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
See, the thing is, I can find a comedian funny even if I don't agree with his views or what he's saying.

Apparently I'm in the minority.

Just watched all the Carlin specials on Netflix streaming over the last week or so.

I can too, however, I choose not to subject myself to mindlessly stupid rants and raves simply because the rest of the audience is drinking the liberal Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry the Cable Guy?

He's not funny, though.

and has a fake southern accent
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#43]
George Carlin was an America hating leftist looney bird who thought he was intelligent. A real douche bag who hated gun owners, people with religious beliefs, and was a borderline Marxist. He hated capitalism and spit on it every chance he got. May dogs frequently urinate on his grave.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Never cared much for Carlin, anymore than I care about other left-leaning "comedy performers" like Bill Maher or Dennis Miller. I never found any of them funny.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Never cared much for Carlin, anymore than I care about other left-leaning "comedy performers" like Bill Maher or Dennis Miller. I never found any of them funny.

dennis miller a lefty? um..

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's easy to hate him because he was right.

I don't know. I once saw him on TV conclude a bit by staring into the camera, pointed finger and strident voice both violently shaking with some deeply felt emotion, and saying "Golf is a racist game . . . racist game . . . racist game." He was deadly earnest.

My thoughts were "WTF?" and "Oh. A race-hustling crank." Maybe he got over it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

dennis miller a lefty? um..

He was quite the lefty when younger

Age and applied thinking has corrected it

Txl
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Full size image, for Easier Reading.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top