Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 10:16:00 PM EDT
Alright guys, I gotta question.

What paint color is the General Lee?

I've heard Competition Orange and I've heard Hemi Orange and would like to find out which one it is (if, in fact, it is one of these colors).

The reason? My dad, brother, and I are fixing up this truck we bought cheap and since it's a Dodge that's gonna have dual exhaust.....

This is the exact same truck we have (same color and year)

What do ya think? DUAL LEE on the top of the door. Dual Flowmasters (no cats) running out the back from 3" tailpipes. 01 on the side.......Dixie horn

Thanks for looking and thanks for your comments.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Alright guys, I gotta question.

What paint color is the General Lee?

I've heard Competition Orange and I've heard Hemi Orange and would like to find out which one it is (if, in fact, it is one of these colors).

The reason? My dad, brother, and I are fixing up this truck we bought cheap and since it's a Dodge that's gonna have dual exhaust.....

This is the exact same truck we have (same color and year)

www.kbb.com/VehicleImage/505x375/1995/BPDT35R951.jpg

What do ya think? DUAL LEE on the top of the door. Dual Flowmasters (no cats) running out the back from 3" tailpipes. 01 on the side.......Dixie horn

Thanks for looking and thanks for your comments.

WIZZO

Might be Hemi Orange but I'm not too sure.

Tag while I do a search.

I thought though you were gonna fix up your Blazer like the GL.

Deej86
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#2]
GENERAL LEE

What color was the General Lee?: The General Lee was what is known as "Hugger" orange. It had a black '01' on the side measuring 20-inches high, 12-inches wide and four-inches thick. The Confederate Flag on the roof measured 54 inches across
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#3]
What year is that, a '98?

One of my uncles had a '98 with the 360.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah, the Blazer is staying blue.

It's a 1994 Dodge 1-ton 4x4 single cab with a 360 in it.

He bought it dirt cheap (less than $3000) because the motor wasn't running right.

We're in the process of getting the motor re-done right now (it's at the machine shop, hopefully it will get done sometime next week)

Now, I just gotta look into paint prices and wether or not we're gonna paint the 01 on the side, or get a sticker kit for it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
GENERAL LEE

What color was the General Lee?: The General Lee was what is known as "Hugger" orange. It had a black '01' on the side measuring 20-inches high, 12-inches wide and four-inches thick. The Confederate Flag on the roof measured 54 inches across

Hugger orange is a Chevy color.  Actually some were Hugger orange and some were Hemi orange. I did a bit of research. It seems the original General was Hemi orange. Yet Warner brothers painted the other General Lee's (yes there were many General's) whatever orange they could get. Some Hemi. Some Hugger. Some probably a mix of both.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nah, the Blazer is staying blue.

It's a 1994 Dodge 1-ton 4x4 single cab with a 360 in it.

He bought it dirt cheap (less than $3000) because the motor wasn't running right.

We're in the process of getting the motor re-done right now (it's at the machine shop, hopefully it will get done sometime next week)

Now, I just gotta look into paint prices and wether or not we're gonna paint the 01 on the side, or get a sticker kit for it.

WIZZO

I can see it right now.

It's gonna be SWEET!

You might want to get a kit for it(Do they even make them?) unless you can get a painter to do it.

Speaking of painters, my dad works next door to a body/paint shop.

It's in Romeoville(might be a bit of a drive) but I'm just gonna throw out the suggestion.

Deej86
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT for possible answer.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I already answered you. You could use either Hemi orange or Hugger orange and you would be right. Personally on your Dodge I would use Hemi and leave the Hugger orange to Chevy's where it belongs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I already answered you. You could use either Hemi orange or Hugger orange and you would be right. Personally on your Dodge I would use Hemi and leave the Hugger orange to Chevy's where it belongs.

Oh sh*t.

I didn't see that.

Sorry 'bout that

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
No problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 to the Hemi Orange!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top