Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2003 4:15:39 AM EDT
Shinsucki retires 11 JUN 03. Six more days.. HOOAH!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:33:24 AM EDT
WOO HOO!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:31:25 AM EDT
Was he the one behind the Black Beret controversy?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:13:11 PM EDT
Can't say that he'll be missed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 12:51:22 PM EDT by Methos]
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Was he the one behind the Black Beret controversy?
View Quote
... along with the Stryker Brigades and the "Army of One" recruiting slogan [puke]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:59:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:07:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: When he dies, I hope he spends eternity being kicked in the nuts by Chesty Puller... -Troy
View Quote
I don't think Puller would feel the need to step into an Army issue. After all, how many [b]THOUSANDS[/b] of Rangers who have gone on to Vallhalla will be standing in line to render proper attention to the matter. Puller will probably look over and muse, "Now that's what I call an ASS kick'n".
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:10:13 PM EDT
Good. Maybe they'll retire them ghey berets with him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:44:31 AM EDT
Glad to see his sorry butt go. Although I wore a beret, I still preferred the field cap. At least it kept the sun out of your eyes. But what really drives me nuts is that once upon a time, the beret was earned. Be it Green, maroon, or black. They were a sign of a special soldier. Something to be proud of. This low life bastard took the pride out of it. I get pissed every time I see some nobody straight out of basic with a mushroom head because he doesn't know how to properly wear a beret. More has been done during the Clinton era (Thank God that is over) to demoralize the military than any time in history. Including the piss ass liberals during Viet Nam. Hopefully, we will continue getting our military back to what we truly can be. (not in any way bashing my fellow veterans. I am in reference to what the politicians have done) With Bush in office, we have made major strides to recover. Hopefully it will continue.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:38:22 AM EDT
We had ours in the AF when McPeak was chief of staff (aka McAirforce). He was always changing the uniforms. At one time there were something like four versions of BDUs that were legal to wear (with all patches, with just the leather aircrew style name tag, the aircrew name tag with stripes on the sleeves, and some other nonsense I can't remember). Also, I was an instructor in a Field Training Detachment. In his "Year of Training" he shut down the training dets. That really confused us. He was a political animal. Fortunately, after he left we got General Fogelman to run the show and he turned out to be a leader who was able to fix much of McPeak's damage.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:50:52 AM EDT
And he's OUTTA THERE...
My name is Shinseki, and I'm a Soldier. God bless all of you and your families. God bless our Soldiers and our magnificent Army, and God bless our great nation. Thank you, and goodbye." [url]http://www.army.mil/leaders/csa/csafarewell/farewellremarks.htm[/url]
View Quote
WTF? he shoulda said "My name is Shinsucki, and [u]I'm an Army of One[/u]."
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:40:31 PM EDT
The [b]FIRST[/b] thing the new COS needs to do, is shit-can those dumbass berets, and give the Airborne, Rangers, and the SF guys their symbol of distinction back. The second thing is to get some sort of decent recruiting slogan. An "Army of one". Ok, that one's been covered already, but still...WTF was he thinking? Hell, even the Navy has a kick-ass slogan these days, ie: "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who oppose it".
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:45:36 PM EDT
After the ass &ucking he gave the Army over all these years his last command to all those bent over soldiers should have been, "Recover!".
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:05:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Originally Posted By Troy: When he dies, I hope he spends eternity being kicked in the nuts by Chesty Puller... -Troy
View Quote
I don't think Puller would feel the need to step into an Army issue. After all, how many [b]THOUSANDS[/b] of Rangers who have gone on to Vallhalla will be standing in line to render proper attention to the matter. Puller will probably look over and muse, "Now that's what I call an ASS kick'n".
View Quote
You know "back in the day", when I was in the Army, one of the Lt's always made us do "one more for Chesty", whenever we were doing push-ups. I don't know much about him, but what I understand is he was a Marines Marine, and a darn fine officer. I think anyone from any service, including Rangers no longer on active duty can appreciate that. Whatever his name is, he is also the one that decided launching rescue missions for Lt Command Scott Speicher (sp) were too risky. That includes when the F-18 wreckage was found, and the Iraqi's wouldn't let US investigators in voluntarily. It took 2.5 years (iirc) to get access to the crash scene. That just ain't right.
Top Top