Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:10:19 PM EDT
any body know anything about this?  hours, dates, do's, donts?  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure of the question, but if you are asking where some are, they are all over the place. There is an opal mine near Red Rock Canyon near Mojave, open to the public. If there is someong there, it is like two bucks to go mining. If there is no one there, just dig your own. It won't make you rich, but it might be entertaining.

There are also all kinds of other places to go. There is a huge fossil place in Kern County and just about every third canyon around where I am has deposits of some kind of entertaining stones. If you don't find anything in a search on the net, check a good local bookstore. The state also runs some bookstores that have loads of books on where to find rocks and stuff. Interesting rocks are all over the place in California.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Usally between 6 and 9 oclock eccept on trashday or during Wheel Of Fortune
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
if u are talking about the gem show/rock show in Quartzsite AZ, here is a list of the shows
www.ci.quartzsite.az.us/shows.htm

my fav is the Desert Gardens, and PoW WoW

If u are into gemstones/rock collecting this is a cool place.
Also check out Tucson in the feb 1-14
www.tucsonshowguide.com/tsg/show_index.cfm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top