Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2001 7:32:58 PM EDT
Ok here is the story. I have been dating this girl for 4 years. Over the years the romance has gradualy declined to where it is virtuly non existant. We get along pretty good, but once every couple of months, we get into a huge fight and one of us allways ends getting hurt. We end up breaking up, but it has never lasted for more than a few weeks. And then I am the greatest thing in the world again and all she will talk about is getting married. WTF how can I go from the greatest guy in the world to the devil himself in a couple of hours?! I really care alot about this girl, she was my first love, but this is getting old fast. What do you guys think? Maybe i'll get a six pack and a blowup doll LOL.  ATF

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
no romance, and "this is getting old fast"?  Couple that with the mention of the dreaded M-word, and the accompanying breakups every couple of months?  Cut the losses and run bro!

YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to run other way screaming like a lunatic
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya, I agree, cut and run! Remember that all women are stupid, some are just more stupid than others. There is plenty of fish in the sea, just next time don't go for a White Pointer (Great White shark).

They are all cut from the same mold. I've dated (and lived) them from all four coners of the world, and they are all the same. Can't live with 'em or without 'em.

It took me 25yrs to find the right one. Now I've got an excellent woman, she is interested in my career (Australian Army), and likes artillery, guns, camping, SCUBA. All those blokey things, but and occasionally she is in that stereotype world of a blonde woman. I just keep my mouth shut, or say what she wants to hear. Part of being a good husband is being a good actor. I reckon I could have the Academy Awards by the balls!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
no romance, and "this is getting old fast"?  Couple that with the mention of the dreaded M-word, and the accompanying breakups every couple of months?  Cut the losses and run bro!

YMMV.
View Quote

YMMV - "Your Marriage May Vary"
...but most likely not.  Confront her with this situation ASAP.  If you can't even reasonably come to a mutual conclusion about this, then you definately don't need to marry the woman.  Explain that the "flame's just not there", and call for an overhaul of the relationship so that you can at least see if there's anything there to work with.  If there's not, say bye bye.

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
bottom line: men don't understand what makes a woman tick.  women don't understand what makes a man tick.  when a woman has a problem, a man tries to solve like he would if he had a problem.  if a man has a problem, a woman treats it like she would if she had the problem.  the two are oil and water.  the trick is to understand.  if you understand, you will be better able to adapt, to help when needed, and to lay low when needed.  there is no "she should be" or "he should be" when you truly understand.

not all women are stupid.  it's just that some men are too dumb to understand them!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#6]
From Matt Groenig's "Life in Hell" series,

"Men are stupid, and women are crazy."
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll take a wise old guess here.

You get back together and then she talks about marriage.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut you've never popped the question have you?  

She wants to get married is my guess. She gets back together and waits for you to pop the question but after a couple months she gets frustrated and the big breakup happens again.  

Then again I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

YMMV - "Your Marriage May Vary"
...but most likely not.  Confront her with this situation ASAP.  If you can't even reasonably come to a mutual conclusion about this, then you definately don't need to marry the woman.  Explain that the "flame's just not there", and call for an overhaul of the relationship so that you can at least see if there's anything there to work with.  If there's not, say bye bye.

[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/E-vil2.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Well said!  But not very "Evil".

[8P]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well O K.....here it is again, since you guys keep bringing it up.....right here, right now....EVERYTHING a man knows about women............(-------------------).....now, please stop wondering about it!!!..................( ATF time to look for some greener grass).......[sex]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Time to run other way screaming like a lunatic
View Quote

couldn't have said it better myself!

[size=6][red]DUDE![/red][/size=6] get away while you can- it WILL NOT get better with marriage. crazy women just get crazier with marriage and they will blame it on [size=4][red]YOU![/red][/size=4]
i kick my self every day that i didn't get away while i still had :
-youth
-money
-single female friends
-MY sanity

i stuck by my sick f#$king looney toon of a girlfriend for 8yrs. the marriage only lasted 2yrs after that! she got a graduate degree, i got a bad credit rating. i was FOOLISH, don't you be the same. there are PLENTY of fish in the sea. especially if you are young and have change in your pocket.
hint- if your significant other acts like a crazyperson and you come back- you reinforce the behavior. just like a battered wife. learned with bitter tears.

split- find someone else. sixpacks and a blow-up doll is underrated anyway.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
romance virtually nonexistant?
just wait 'till it's TOTALLY nonexistant and she gets HALF!! you will have to sell your guns to pay LAWYERS!!

(gasping for breath) ok, i'm  better now. save your self. now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
oh, btw, i'm a senior dude now. just noticed.
i wasn't going to make a big deal about it, but... i'm reduced to taking little pleasure wherever i can... [BD]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
ATF,
Take a deep breath,
Step away from the computer,
Grab you keys and your guns, then.....
RUN MAN! RUN!  [flag]
Don't look back!
Save yourself!
It's too late for some of us...[xx(][x][frag]
But you still have a chance,
Make us proud, [:D]
Engage in multiple meaningless (safe sex plug)sexual relationships with ATTRACTIVE women,[sex][spank]
Then post your exploits as a tribute to the many men who have "fallen in the line of duty"
[(:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a girl just like that. yeah, she slept with my best friend, told the town that I raped and beat her (this caused me to learn how to fight really well), started doing drugs, became a bit of a slut, cheated on my best friend after they hooked up, got a guy to pick a fight with my new girlfriend while she was at school(he will never do that again...ever), and followed me till I got a restraining order.

This all really happened. I thought that she was an angel when we were going out. You know the type of pretty shy girl that has never really even kissed a guy before we started dating. Yeah, she did a 180 to put it lightly.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Run
Run Fast
Run NOW !
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
ATF,

DON'T RUN.

Why should you be the one to leave?
Chuck her trash in the front yard, change the locks, and prepare to call the cops for a restraining order.
Keep your stuff where it is.

(Iain'trunnin'nomore)Tippie
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like your need to sample some different fruit before you buy this tree.  If it doesn't work out, you can always go with a substitute.  Skip the blowup doll and check out [url]www.realdoll.com[/url].  
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll take a wise old guess here.
You get back together and then she talks about marriage.  I'd bet a dollar to a donut you've never popped the question have you?  
She wants to get married is my guess. She gets back together and waits for you to pop the question but after a couple months she gets frustrated and the big breakup happens again.  
Then again I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.  
View Quote

I don't think you are wrong in this case.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Just slip out the back jack
Make a new plan stan
Don't need to be coy roy
Just get yourself free

Just hop off the bus gus
You don't need to discuss much
Get a new key lee
AND GET YOURSELF FREE

Or something like that
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been trying to convince my g/f that the spark you have when you first meet cannot last forever.  She seems to think it can but I disagree.  Don't get me wrong...I still care about her alot but, to me, that spark you have when you first meet can't last forever.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been trying to convince my g/f that the spark you have when you first meet cannot last forever. She seems to think it can but I disagree. Don't get me wrong...I still care about her alot but, to me, that spark you have when you first meet can't last forever.
View Quote

you are so right.  if it's TRUE love, it ceases to be a spark and turns into a flame.  and if you're lucky, from that to a 4 alarm blaze.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
{my .002}
View Quote

i think your opinion is worth more than two tenths of a penny!  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ever hear of the biological clock? Got me twice. "Lets get married" or "I wanna have a baby with you" (or ten), then they get fat, quit cooking, get high, and forget you! Never again! If two people care about each other that much, why the paperwork? If it goes bad later, walk away. But if its bad now, it can only get worse later. {my .002}
View Quote

right on, gene.[beer]

my new policy: babies first then paperwork. the next wedding i am in will involve a shotgun.[:|][img]http://spas12.com/spas/anispas.gif[/img]
hmmm, it appears i'm finally learning a thing or two...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
As that Hungarian freedom fighter (Class of '56) ZaZa Gabor once said -
"A man in love is incomplete, until he is married, then he is finished."
View Quote

Eric The(WordsForMenToLiveBy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By az gunner:
ATF,
Take a deep breath,
Step away from the computer,
Grab you keys and your guns, then.....
RUN MAN! RUN!  [flag]
Don't look back!
Save yourself!
It's too late for some of us...[xx(][x][frag]
But you still have a chance,
Make us proud, [:D]
Engage in multiple meaningless (safe sex plug)sexual relationships with ATTRACTIVE women,[sex][spank]
Then post your exploits as a tribute to the many men who have "fallen in the line of duty"
[(:)]
View Quote

Although I have never really supported this type of reaction I now find that I must wholeheartedly agree..

I would venture to say that your "make-up" periods are full of good times and good sex....huh....right?

And, I'll bet that during those times you have just made up each of you is so engulfed in the other that it all seems new and fresh again (familiar).  Right?

Looks like to me you have one of two things going on here.

As soon as the new wears off of you again your GF regresses back into the real state of her consciousness:  she does not really know what to do with you and/or does not really want you for the long haul.  IS she from a loving family?  Relationships with parents siblings good or bad?  Do her parents show any real affection for each other or do they just muck through their marriage? Has she ever truly learned to love and be loved for the duration or has she been programmed her entire life to love and be loved only as needed?

Or, you should already have asked this chick for her hand if you really love her and she is pissed at you for not fulfilling her real needs.

I know, I know sooooooooooooo many variables but I have been through one of the above scenarios my self before.  The other is jsut an educated guess.

Good luck Man.

BTW.......they get crazier after marriage ya' know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top