Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:23:39 AM EDT
Washburn Acoustic DK20CFT [6 string], amp jack, and tuner. This will be for my kiddo as it's his BDay this week and he has been wanting one for some time. I can get a new one all ready to go with case for $275.00.  Are these OK guitars for the money, I see that there is really a lot of guitar makes under one roof, so I assume that the diff is in the matls used. If not, what is a better value for the money? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
B.C. Rich Warlock!

hey if you're going to get one, you might as well go evil and black
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to just get him an acoustic guitar, these are one of the best bargains around:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Acoustic?sku=515366

$119 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Seagull guitars are terrific guitars for the money ($300-$450).  Excellent tone, nice action.  I think the Canadian government subsidizes them or something, because it's hard to find guitars that sound that good at that price.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:28:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I play violin.  I can tell you that I play a Scot Cao violin that costs 30 times what my Seagull guitar costs.  Guitar is a secondary hobby at best for me, but the Seagull really is a very well made guitar at twice the price.

When I bought a "step up" violin in the $2500 range, I felt limited within a year.  It was then a challenge to find a good violin for 4 times that price.

I have never felt limited at all by my mid level/bargain Seagull.

I wish I could get a decent fiddle for what I got my Seagull for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
B.C. Rich Warlock!

hey if you're going to get one, you might as well go evil and black

Heh, I had one in the Acrylic flavor, then put some EMG-81s in that sucker and it screamed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I like them, Great in my book
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If you like the Washburn go here .www.ninevehguitars.com/servlet/StoreFront
Contact him and tell him Kodiak from Cyberjammin.com sent you to him . He is a dealer that will take a genuine interest in makeing sure the first axe is right for you .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top