Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 4:55:00 PM EDT
Looking at improving what I have. Thinking active shooter scenario, etc....

Needs to have a shoulder strap and/or must be able to be deployed easily.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think a small tool/duffel bag, or a "tactical briefcase" - ie one of the cases that has retaining straps / elastic to hold the contents in place despite getting thrown around.

I'd carry several high(er) cap mags for my duty sidearm, extra shells for the car gun (shotty) or mags for the rifle (if issued); maybe extra OC, tactical flashlight, and nylock cuffs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackhawk sells a bag that carries everything. I have one it has a strap for your shoulder and waist carries six ar mags and pistol mags. it also has shot shell holders on the inside. It has a map case built in to it. Well you get the idea it is set up great. Cost about $80 dollars. I used it in a rapid deployment class for school and work place shootings and it rocked. Never was with out anything.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Triad Tactical sells a Go Bag from Killer Gear, Eagle Industries has an Active Shooter Bag. Prices range about $20-$30. I personally have a Paratrooper Document Bag from Brigade Quartermasters that does everything I want it to do. Holds 6 30 round AR Mags, plus maps, cleaning rods, water, etc. About $15 from actiongear.com.  Great bag for the money.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Maxpedition Fatboy s pack
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maxpedition Fatboy s pack

I've really been eyeballing that one, hangs on the correct side, holds a fair amount of stuff.....but pricey.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
i use a killer gear go-bag , it's about as keep it simple stupid as it gets. very good quality workmanship.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive got an old Army issue CVC helmet bag, and it is getting WAY overstuffed, so I'm up for suggestions, too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got my plate carrier set up with 4 extra AR mags and 2 more pistol mags. I have to go to my trunk to get my rifle so it takes me an extra minute to throw the vest on.

If I need my rifle I want my plates.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anybody seen the new Eagle LE Patrol bandoleer? 4 AR mags and 2 pistol mags.  Eagle
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]
AZ-K9 what kind of gear are you wanting to carry in it? Just mags/ammo?

Quoted:
Has anybody seen the new Eagle LE Patrol bandoleer? 4 AR mags and 2 pistol mags.  Eagle
www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/p_PB_M4_4_M9_2_Le.jpg

^^ SWEET!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/p_PB_M4_4_M9_2_Le.jpg

Eagle makes some quality shit.  I've been a huge fan for a while now.  They offer a decent LEO discount, and they're a notch above Blackhawk.  They have tons of different gear, ammo, range, and weapons bags.  Their packs are great too.  I have their 3 day Assault Pack, and it's tough as nails.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
AZ-K9 what kind of gear are you wanting to carry in it? Just mags/ammo?

4-6 Ar mags, Sig 229 with 2 extra mags, small light (stinger), maybe some quick clot (some other med stuff), a  knife and a granola bar.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Maxpedition Fatboy Versa pack S-type jumbo pack. It holds more than the standard versa-pack.
Has an optional holster ( heavy nylon that goes around triggerguard and slide). holds a 1L bottle on the side, and has pockets allover. The holster and pocket will hold a Large frame hand gun.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.lapolicegear.com/baouttabag.html

Nice little bag just purchased one there are some great reviews and pic on light fighter fourm.

http://lightfighter.net/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9046084761/m/4501057802

Specs:

Polyester lining to protect your delicate items from scratching
Plasiticoat treated YKK Metal Zipper Bat Handles to reduce Possibility of corrosion caused by your working environment.
Now by popular demand, they are available in OLIVE DRAB, BLACK, or Desert Tan
Wider, more comfortable removable shoulder strap
Old 5 Cell, flashlight pocket has been replaced with a tubular pocket to hold irregular items even your emergency shaving kit and toothbrush.
NEW LOWER PRICE!!
The "Gen 5" Still Has These Important Features:

Only YKK brand zippers and real Velcro used throughout
Hidden full size gun pocket with Velcro for easy access.
Two adjustable side pockets for radios.
Large main pocket has a removable stiffener/divider system to organize gear.
"Stinger/Surefire"(tm) pocket.
Two pen pockets.
Tactical illuminator pocket.
Four accessory pockets for gun magazines, etc with Velcro closures.
Large side zippered pocket for wallet, passport, keys and other valuables.
The bag measures approximately 14" x 10" x 6"
Padded Removable Shoulder Strap INCLUDED.
Carry Handles Of Heavy Nylon Webbing, Running The Entire length and across the bottom for extra secure support.
Large YKK Zippers With Para cord Pulls (for when your fine motor skills are shutting down or when it's just plain cold).
Velcro Patch on side pocket to attach name tape, flight suit tag or unit patch.

The E&E Bag at http://www.dbtdefense.com/   Under load out bags is a really good choice as well these are the specs

BattleLab Escape & Evasion Bag

The BattleLab E & E Bag was designed with input from operators in theater. This is the bag you need to carry all your essentials in your vehicle or over your shoulder when you need to get the hell outta Dodge. Large #10 YKK zippers give you access to the bag’s main compartment which includes two dividers with pocket for the MBTR, straps for chem lights, etc. and a hook & loop compartment that includes pistol and magazine holster. There is also additional space for medical supplies, food, water bottle, etc. The exterior of the bag has a GPS pouch, two pistol mag pouches and three M4/M16 mag pouches (holds a total of 6). What makes this bag even better is the large over flap, which includes a map pouch, that covers the main compartment zipper and M4/M16 pouches and secures with a Fastex buckle. It disguises the contents, making the E & E Bag perfect for low profile operations, vehicle bag or simply an operational bag for carrying more kit. 10” H x 11.5” W x 5 1/4” D

From What you said you wanted to carry I would think the E&E bag would do you great
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Someone mentioned Maxpedition...

Just switched from an old Blackhawk bag to a Maxpedition Devildog pack. It is mostly a daily use/duty bag, but is perfect for a BOB or reserve bag.

It easily holds:
Backup gun
Spare mags
Spare flashlight
Spare cuffs
Spare knife
Water
Powerbars
Small firstaid kit
Handwipes
Rain jacket
Radio
Keys

It has waist straps and a sholder strap that tuck away when they aren't needed.

So far, I like it.

HTH
GL

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I just keep a LBV in a small backpack in my trunk.  I have 6 AR mags, a Glock 21, five extra Glock 21 mags, bandage, batteries, and it has an extra pouch for my radio.  

If I'm in an active shooter situation, or a Katrina situation, I can deploy the vest when I go for my rifle.  

In my gear bag riding shotgun, I've got an extra light, cuffs, etc...  The vest is primarily for ammo.  

I'll most likely retire from the streets without ever opening that backpack, but it's nice knowing its there.

ETA Pics:

My backpack and rifle case:

All my gear.  The Glock 26 and 30 are concealed on my body armor.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top