Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:04:20 AM EDT
Gay Couple Stages Tax Protest
A local gay man and his partner refuse to pay their income taxes, even if it lands them in jail.

Millionaire Charles Merrill and Kevin Boyle, who live in Henderson County, say they're being discriminated against under tax law. A marriage between the two won't be recognized by the federal or state government, and they won't receive the same benefits heterosexual couples do. Merrill didn't pay for 2004 and won't for 2005, even if there are consequences. He says he'll fight in court even if it results in jail time. Merrill says his protest aims to secure more benefits for future generations of same sex couples.

(posted at 5:43pm, 03/02/06)

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:05:26 AM EDT
Gay guys in jail = cock buffet
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:07:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Grivo_Mak:

......Thats just nasty that you even thought that up!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:10:02 AM EDT
Separatist equality.

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:11:07 AM EDT

OOOOOH NOOOOO! I dropped my thoap again!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:34:58 AM EDT
that is why there should only be marriage between a man and a woman, you are opening up a huge can of worms, with property, probate, health insurance, wait maybe there are lawyers that like this kinda shit, its all fucked.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:36:45 AM EDT
Go to jail. Go directly to jail. do not pass go. do not collect $200.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:36:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 7:37:32 AM EDT by stormwalker]
it's all about them, gays are THE most selfish, narcisistic, self important lossers I have ever met.

if they don't like it, it's unfair, if you don't like it too bad, find another planet, bar, school, job what ever, rearange YOUR LIFE to suit them, but oh no, don't ask them to make any effort to accomodate you.

someday the world will balance this imbalance and it won't be pretty for the other side.

[forest gump] "and that's all I got to say about that" [/forest gump]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:40:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:
A local gay man and his partner refuse to pay their income taxes, even if it lands them in jail.

Millionaire Charles Merrill and Kevin Boyle, who live in Henderson County, say they're being discriminated against under tax law. A marriage between the two won't be recognized by the federal or state government, and they won't receive the same benefits heterosexual couples do. Merrill didn't pay for 2004 and won't for 2005, even if there are consequences. He says he'll fight in court even if it results in jail time. Merrill says his protest aims to secure more benefits for future generations of same sex couples.

......DOMA says the Fed doesn't recognize gay marriage.. so just what is that going to do?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:41:07 AM EDT
I still don't see how losing everything and sitting in the Fed Pen makes a good protest statement?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:42:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By StonerStudent:

......DOMA says the Fed doesn't recognize gay marriage.. so just what is that going to do?

That too.

But I hear that domestic partners can meet with a lawyer and set things up so the partner can be taken care of if something goes wrong.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:42:47 AM EDT

I still don't see how losing everything and sitting in the Fed Pen makes a good protest statement?

You'd have to be stuck in the 60's to understand.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:44:43 AM EDT

That too.

But I hear that domestic partners can meet with a lawyer and set things up so the partner can be taken care of if something goes wrong.

yep.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:45:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By stormwalker:
it's all about them, gays are THE most selfish, narcisistic, self important lossers I have ever met.

if they don't like it, it's unfair, if you don't like it too bad, find another planet, bar, school, job what ever, rearange YOUR LIFE to suit them, but oh no, don't ask them to make any effort to accomodate you.

someday the world will balance this imbalance and it won't be pretty for the other side.

I'm glad we are generalizing here. I guess while we are at it...anyone at ARFCOM is half crazy and we should take all of their guns away. Now my post and yours make about the same amount of sense.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:51:39 AM EDT
They should not go to jail. They should be garnished. If they do not have sufficient income to pay back their taxes in a timely manner, they should have their possesions seized and auctioned off.
If they do not have any possessions, then and only then should they go to jail.

Why should they become more of a burden to the taxpayers? Take their stuff and kick them out on the street. I'm sure they will be happy pounding each others fecal matter under a park bench somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:59 AM EDT
While they are at Club Fed, they can meet the now famous Infamous Richard Hatch of the "Survivor series".
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:56:06 AM EDT
hope uncle sugar makes an example of them
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:58:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By V-Rod:

It will....The IRS is an equal opportunity kind of outfit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:02:07 AM EDT
Yeah, I can't imagine a GAY guy being afraid of going to Federal "pound me in the ass" prison.

<mr slave voice>"Ohhh, youth bigth badth Mr Fethderal prothecutor, pleath don't sendth me to prision "</mr slave voice>

They could really fuck up his shit by putting him in with the lesbos when he's convicted.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:57 AM EDT

He probably would enjoy it. Not scary for him at all.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:09:08 AM EDT

Uncle Sugar makes an example of ANYONE who doesn't pay their taxes.

No discrimination involved.

The Feds want 'their' money.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:10:20 AM EDT
Sending gay guys to prision is liking throwing Brer Rabbit into the briar patch.

The funny thing is that two people will generally pay LESS income tax by filing single than by filing a joint return and married. Maybe they really just want to file a JOINT return. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:13:06 AM EDT
This is why the government should never have gotten in the marriage business in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:20:17 AM EDT

That's what I don't like about modern 'progressive' homosexuals. They are not happy with being accepted. They are not happy with not being persecuted anymore. They are not happy being left alone to do whatever they want with eachother behind closed doors.

No

They have to shove their lifestyle in everyone's faces in effort to get 'recognition' and 'acceptance' from everyone. They are not happy unless EVERYONE is telling them that their lifestyle is OK.

I'm not saying all homosexuals are like this, but many are, and when you have some that speak loudly and often, they tend to be representative of the mass of them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:23:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 8:24:13 AM EDT by DK-Prof]
What the hell are those morons talking about??

Taxes have SUCKED since I got married - there's no fucking tax benefit to being married, just penalties. Our tax situation was much easier, and we paid far less taxes as single, engaged people, than we do now, as a married couple.

That's a bizarre stand to make, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:33:26 AM EDT

On the money
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:37:55 AM EDT
looks like they want an all expense paid sex carnival
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:40:49 AM EDT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:40:59 AM EDT
This is why the Feds should not recognize, care, or provide benefits to people who are married.

If it was like it is supposed to be, simply an agreement between two people through a ceremony in a church Roman Catholic, Baptist, or Church of the New Order, or even a group of athethists it would be a none issue.

But since the states and Feds stick their noses where they do not belong and get involved, the whole thing gets f'd up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:43:24 AM EDT
No only are they gay, but stupid to. It is called the marriage penalty for a reason, because your deduction is less and you pay more. I think it is a ploy just to go to prison and meet desperate single men.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:42:51 AM EDT
I pay more in taxes being married. I suppose if I was a millionaire like the gay guy there might be some sort of tax loophole, but I don't benefit from those.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:46:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 10:50:18 AM EDT by John_Wayne777]

It will....The IRS is an equal opportunity kind of outfit.

Yeah....gay or straight, it doesn't matter to them. You are still gonna get f*cked up the a**.

And hell...If they can get out of paying taxes by claiming gay discrimination then hand me a midriff shirt, some gold lamay hot-pants, some rollerskates and a pinky ring. I'll gay it up like nobody's buisness.

Fending off the advances of gay guys might be annoying, but it will be a hell of a lot less anoying than walking around with Uncle Sam's hand in my pocket all the time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:11:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
Gay EX Millionaire........................loses.
Top Top