Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:16:30 PM EDT
Sistani wants gays killed in "most severe way"
http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid28049.asp

In the midst of sectarian violence that threatens to drag Iraq into civil war, the country's influential Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has issued a violent death order against gays and lesbians on his Web site, according to London-based LGBT human rights groups OutRage.

Written in Arabic, the fatwa comes from a press conference with the powerful religious cleric, where he was asked about the judgment on sodomy and lesbianism. “Forbidden,” Sistani answered, according to OutRage, “Punished, in fact, killed. The people involved should be killed in the worst, most severe way of killing.”

Considering Sistani's stature and influence within the Iraqi Shiite majority, OutRage member Ali Hili declared the cleric's statements extremely dangerous.

“Sistani's murderous homophobic incitement has given a green light to Shia Muslims to hunt and kill lesbians and gay men,” said Hili. “We hold Sistani personally responsible for the murder of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Iraqis. He gives the killers theological sanction and encouragement.”

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't believe it. Not the Muslims.

I always got the impression that Arab men were into fucking other guys. If not, they were definatly putting on a good act.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
“We hold Sistani personally responsible for the murder of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Iraqis. He gives the killers theological sanction and encouragement.”

Gee, I wonder how many "Transgender" Iraqis there actually are.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
“We hold Sistani personally responsible for the murder of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Iraqis. He gives the killers theological sanction and encouragement.”

"We hold Sistani personally responsible"??

How are you going to hold him responsible, Ali?  Have a peace march?  Burn some American flags or pictures of Bush?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"We hold Sistani personally responsible"??

How are you going to hold him responsible, Ali?  Have a peace march?  Burn some American flags or pictures of Bush?

Demand he brought before the UN at the Hauge!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Different sex for different sects?

LOL
M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can't believe it. Not the Muslims.

I always got the impression that Arab men were into fucking other guys. If not, they were definatly putting on a good act.

I guess it's don't ask don't tell, many like young boys also. mohammed was a pedo even.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top