Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
C-urrently M-mending Johnson.

Sux to be you right now, huh?
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]

I been there, done that. I currently have 2 loitering in my Rt kidney.
NO FUN!!
Hope ya feel better soon.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
2 hours down from 24?

you loose little whore
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
2hrs., sounds like you just about wore the insides of that thing out.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you name it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
it hurts just reading your post.

eek.

Does it hurt to piss it out?  Or just the usual agony when it's working thru the kidney?
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
You poor bastard!

I had one once and it was no picnic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Look at it this way, you are getting better at it and the next one should pass in under an hour.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#13]
After the first one there is no mistaking that feeling for something else. I've passed 3 myself and a ct scan confirms 5-6 more in the growing stage. They hurt so bad. I do drink lots of water and have a good friend who is a urologist/hunter. Too bad they aren't diamonds.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Better you than me!
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude dont use your wifes pasta drainer to catch them stones.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]
At least yours was moving... mine got stuck between kidney and bladder... doc had to "go up" there and drag it out.... then there was the several days with a 'stint' in the kidney-to-bladder tube to keep it from swelling shut... complete with "retrieval lanyard" (you do the math on the followup).  

They say these things are the closest to childbirth pain a man will ever know.   Amazing the human race has lasted beyond one generation!
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to drink a glass of water now.

Next time, rent a full auto and let the pain out on misc. things at the range.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn!!!!!!  Pardon me while I get a BIG glass of water.  Glad to hear that you are doing well.  I've never had a kidney stone and hope I never do.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
At least yours was moving... mine got stuck between kidney and bladder... doc had to "go up" there and drag it out.... then there was the several days with a 'stint' in the kidney-to-bladder tube to keep it from swelling shut... complete with "retrieval lanyard" (you do the math on the followup).  

They say these things are the closest to childbirth pain a man will ever know.   Amazing the human race has lasted beyond one generation!

Been there, Done That, Got the T-Shirt.......TWICE!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
No pics?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#22]
ouch
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Here's a hint:   The color of your pee tells your state of hydration.

If, after unloading a full bladder, the water in the toilet has no tint to it or only the most subtle
yellow tint,  your hydration state is excellent.

If it's yellow, you need more water.

If it's obviously yellow as it leaves your body,  you're underhydrated and are making stones!

You want to be pissing almost pure water.   Drink like a fish.

CJ

Is it a bad sign then if you're piss is dark yellow and comes out with the consistancy of toothpaste?
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
With any luck you'll soon have enough to load a 12 Gauge shotshell!
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#26]
My dad has had 2 bouts with them lately.

He had to go to the hospital with them and he drinks water like a fish.

There are also certain foods that contribute to it from what we are learning.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#27]
WT???

Is this the only way they can leave your body??
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
WT???

Is this the only way they can leave your body??

No, they can send a little camera and laser assembly up you penis to blast the suckers out..  Sorta like a high priced Asteroids video game.  And to think, my mom said that those hours spent in front of an Atari would be a waste.  Shows what she knows.  If she had let me practice more I could have been a urologist.

Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And yes,  I have saved all three of my rocks!

CJ

Go sell them to a crackhead.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If, after unloading a full bladder, the water in the toilet has no tint to it or only the most subtle

If it's obviously yellow as it leaves your body,  you're underhydrated and are making stones!

CJ

I drink a gallon a day at least. My bro in law had stones. He said he wouldnt wish the pain even on his ex wife. (and she was pure evil)
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine took two weeks to pass.  The worst was trying to go hunting, a couple hours drive and have it start up.  Nearly killed myself  trying to make it to the farm.  Mine would come and go in waves of pain that last 2-4 hours at a time.  Hope I never have another one.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#34]
You got an NFA stamp for that repeater?
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
No, they can send a little camera and laser assembly up you penis to blast the suckers out..  Sorta like a high priced Asteroids video game.  And to think, my mom said that those hours spent in front of an Atari would be a waste.  Shows what she knows.  If she had let me practice more I could have been a urologist.

When I had mine done 20 years ago, we didnt have <DrEvil>Frickin' Laser Beams</DrEvil>...  the camera had a claw-like thing (sort of like those long tools with a thumb operated plunger to pickup small screws), and they drag it out... which causes plenty of inflamation of the tender tissue up in there. So, they have to put a 6" plastic tube inside your tube that connects the bladder to the kidney to hold it open... that tube has a foot or so of string attached, with a couple inches hanging out of your dick, and a "handle" tied on the end so it doesnt get lost during your morning hardon (my doc didnt give me enuff "slack" - ouch).  After a week, you go back, and they pull all that stuff out of you.... and a few days after that, you stop peeing clots.

The laser sounds much better: I'd rather pee sand for a couple days.
Laying off the milk helps too...  they are calcium.  My doc recommends water, gatorade and beer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Had'em twice. I feel for you, bro. Nurse told me she had three kids and one kidney stone, and she'd rather have another kid. Way not fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I heard cranberry juice helps a lot to stop their formation.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#38]
When did they stop using Ultrasound on them??
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
With any luck you'll soon have enough to load a 12 Gauge shotshell!

I love this site!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn! That hurt just reading it, and I went to the kitchen, grabbed another bottle of water
and chugged it! OUCH!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

CJ

Thanks for the advice.  I stay very well hydrated.  My GF on the other hand doesn't.  Does the same apply to women too?
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes, Women get them too.

And if you though PMS was bad...

I've had one, and it was definitely not fun. 2.5 hours of writhing agony. The funny thing was, after it passed, it was as if nothing had happened. No tenderness, no aches: it was like flipping a switch.

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Try having a 2-1/4 inch stone that rips the ureter on the way down!
Talk about pain! Lived with that sucker for 2 years.
After surgery, passing what was left of it [1 and 2 mm]was nothing compared to when it was ripping me open inside. Doc said it was the biggest diamond shape stone he had ever seen. thank GOD for lithotripsy!!![surgery procedure to break them up and remove most of them].

Glad it is over for you. Toredol is your best friend with these things.

And for God's sake,...do not ingest too much calcium! this causes it faster than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Try having a 2-1/4 inch stone that rips the ureter on the way down!
Talk about pain! Lived with that sucker for 2 years.
After surgery, passing what was left of it [1 and 2 mm]was nothing compared to when it was ripping me open inside. Doc said it was the biggest diamond shape stone he had ever seen. thank GOD for lithotripsy!!![surgery procedure to break them up and remove most of them].

Glad it is over for you. Toredol is your best friend with these things.

And for God's sake,...do not ingest too much calcium! this causes it faster than anything else.

JFC!!!!  Thats a god-damned boulder...  Like passing a pickup thru a garden hose!
When I had mine, I got morphine... doesnt kill the pain, just makes you not care about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#46]
From what I have heard about Kidney Stones its very painful, had a friend go through it and wished it not on his worse enemies.  Just curious cmjohnson are you a heavy drinker?  I was under the impression that most stones are caused because of drinking, correct me if I am wrong.  

Hope your feeling better.  

After reading this thread I myself am headed for a huge glass of fresh water.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I had mine done 20 years ago, we didnt have <DrEvil>Frickin' Laser Beams</DrEvil>...  the camera had a claw-like thing (sort of like those long tools with a thumb operated plunger to pickup small screws), and they drag it out... which causes plenty of inflamation of the tender tissue up in there. So, they have to put a 6" plastic tube inside your tube that connects the bladder to the kidney to hold it open... that tube has a foot or so of string attached, with a couple inches hanging out of your dick, and a "handle" tied on the end so it doesnt get lost during your morning hardon (my doc didnt give me enuff "slack" - ouch).  After a week, you go back, and they pull all that stuff out of you.... and a few days after that, you stop peeing clots.

The laser sounds much better: I'd rather pee sand for a couple days.
Laying off the milk helps too...  they are calcium.  My doc recommends water, gatorade and beer.

This an accurate description of how they do it today!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#48]
BEER! Lots of beer. I have a relative that has them quite regular. He has a kegrerator and drinks lots of beer, he swears it's the best stone therapy there is. The beer creates the volume of fluid required to pass the stone, acts as a diuretic and the alcohol helps dull the pain.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
From what I have heard about Kidney Stones its very painful, had a friend go through it and wished it not on his worse enemies.  Just curious cmjohnson are you a heavy drinker?  I was under the impression that most stones are caused because of drinking, correct me if I am wrong.  

Hope your feeling better.  

After reading this thread I myself am headed for a huge glass of fresh water.

I don't know about that! I hear most of them were from too much calcium. But I had to laugh! Cuz I have never gone over one glass of wine or one shot of tequila. Maybe three times a year.
The only way I can see it causing or contributing is dehydration. Not enough hydration to wash out the garbage.
Mine was from milk. Never have touched the stuff again!

Sorry so may have them. They are SO painful!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top