Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2011 12:18:17 PM EDT
jet skis and 4 wheelers this summer.  At least not like the years before.

The 4 wheelers, at least the work ones will still get run but the dirt bikes and fun ones will be idle.

My powersports salesman buddy says sales are way down even more so now that they wont be able to fuel what people buy.

If this continues, fall is going to be interesting to say the least.

Gas here by the way is $4.14 today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Reg gas here is just $3:87......
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
So the powersports dealers will be pushing scooters, again?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Reg gas here is just $3:87......

*Just* 3.87. That alone says volumes, doesn't it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Reg is $4.05 here
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Their bike sales are actually holding.  Nothing like getting 80mph if you just have to run to the store to buy a gallon of milk versus starting your V8 F150 and buring 2 gallons of gas.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Gas back home is around 4 bucks in south east michigan. In amarillo where iM working its about $3.70 or so.  Gonna be alot of stay at home vacations this year for sure
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
$3.58 here last night when I filled up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gas back home is around 4 bucks in south east michigan. In amarillo where iM working its about $3.70 or so.  Gonna be alot of stay at home vacations this year for sure

Yep.I had 2 roadtrips planned this summer but if gas goes up higher I doubt those will be happening
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I blame commodities traders. They were behind the last big hikes, too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why blame them?  They are simply moving into assets that can't be devalued by fiat.  They wouldn't be buying up commodities if the Fed wasn't setting interest rates at zero and printing money like crazy.

oh, and unleaded is $4.12 here.  I was just at the gas station.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I dont think so.  Most studies show that traders actually will help with prices due to market forces.

QE 1 and 2 and obongonomics are whats killing our economy and raising prices.

Our dollar is just reflecting what its worth now.

It aint worth shit and you cant buy the same thing you could just 1 year ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]

President Obama: "Everyone Must Sacrifice”

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
George Bush is an oil man, so it's still his fault.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't dirtbikes get upwards of 40 MPG?
What is the difference in cost for a bike, quad, or jet ski be for the day?  $5 for the day more tops?

If you are so hard up for money you can't afford that maybe it wasn't a good idea to buy dirt bikes quads and jet skis.
If not, then don't be such a drama queen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think so.  Most studies show that traders actually will help with prices due to market forces.

As a capitalist, I would like to believe what you say is true, but the price of oil has gone up on speculation more than on the weak dollar. As soon as revolutions started happening the price went up before anything happened to supply or the dollar.

Hope and Change probably has something to do with it, too. The voters got what they wanted!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Going to be another bad year for my Dad's boat canvas business, more boats are going to stay shrink wrapped this year.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a capitalist, I would like to believe what you say is true, but the price of oil has gone up on speculation more than on the weak dollar. As soon as revolutions started happening the price went up before anything happened to supply or the dollar.

Hope and Change probably has something to do with it, too. The voters got what they wanted!

I think that may have been true at one point.  But if you look at the trends, you will see that as the value of the dollar goes down the price of oil jumps.   Since the dollar is the currency that oil is traded with that makes sense.

If obongo lets our dollar weaken even more, the yuan will soon be used and the dollar will no longer be supreme.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#18]
$4.19 here.. for reg.  I still will use my quad this summer.. and I use premium for that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Don't dirtbikes get upwards of 40 MPG?
What is the difference in cost for a bike, quad, or jet ski be for the day?  $5 for the day more tops?

If you are so hard up for money you can't afford that maybe it wasn't a good idea to buy dirt bikes quads and jet skis.
If not, then don't be such a drama queen.

The is a difference in using gas for recreation and using gas to get to work or transport your kids.

A dirtbike is nothing more then fun.  You can live without fun.  You cant buy shit if you dont have gas to goto the store
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Dad and I just cancelled a bike trip we planned on taking this summer. We had been talking about doing this since I was a kid.

Will wait until spring and see where gas prices are.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
$4.11/gallon for 87 unleaded gasoline here (Central Kalifornia) is the cheapest––some brands that are always more expensive (Chevron) are around $4.29/ gallon, and it's not even Memorial Day yet.

One would think that this might cause some markdowns on motorcycles, RVs, etc. due to slow sales.  Anyone seeing any signs of this?

Steve
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#22]
It is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out next year during the elections.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#23]
$4.37 here....A mile from a refinery.  We used to have the lowest fuel prices here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It is going to be very interesting to see how this plays out next year during the elections.

It's going to be interesting to hear the mental gymnastics liberals use to justify voting to re-elect Obama.  I am going to show them what brain-dead unthinking zombies they are when they say they're going to vote for Obama in spite of the hell he has created for everyone.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Does the extra $15 a weekend it takes to fuel those things for a few hours break your budget?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#26]
$3.65 here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does the extra $15 a weekend it takes to fuel those things for a few hours break your budget?

Thats not the problem.

I live about 4 hours from my 81 acres up north.  Pulling trailers and supplies up there will cost a fortune.

And when we go up we dont use 2-3 gallons of gas.  We will hit the trails or 6-8 hours at a time.  We will have to refuel at least once usually twice.

We have more then once ran our of fuel.  Usually at that point the guy with the most gas rides back to the truck for the extra tank.

But we will go through 20-30 gallons a weekend just for our toys.  Not to mention the jet ski sucks gas even faster.  Sucker has a HUGE tank.

So its not just $15 dollars but can get into hundreds of dollars once you calculate gas for the trucks in addition to the toys.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]

[Merrell]This could be worse than Y2K![/Merrell]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#29]
3.82 here
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't imagine how expensive it would be now to fill up a V-8 truck and a boat's fuel cell, let alone tow it for two hours.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

President Obama: "Everyone Must Sacrifice”

Ha!  I'm waiting for Obama to put on sweater, go on TV and tell us that he turned the White House thermostat down to 64 degrees.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's going to be interesting to hear the mental gymnastics liberals use to justify voting to re-elect Obama.  I am going to show them what brain-dead unthinking zombies they are when they say they're going to vote for Obama in spite of the hell he has created for everyone.

Notice the lack of people protesting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?  Another example of Liberal hypocrisy at its best.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not the problem.

I live about 4 hours from my 81 acres up north.  Pulling trailers and supplies up there will cost a fortune.

And when we go up we dont use 2-3 gallons of gas.  We will hit the trails or 6-8 hours at a time.  We will have to refuel at least once usually twice.

We have more then once ran our of fuel.  Usually at that point the guy with the most gas rides back to the truck for the extra tank.

But we will go through 20-30 gallons a weekend just for our toys.  Not to mention the jet ski sucks gas even faster.  Sucker has a HUGE tank.

So its not just $15 dollars but can get into hundreds of dollars once you calculate gas for the trucks in addition to the toys.

This man speaks truth.

Sure, the quad or dirt bike may only hold $15 worth, but what if you don't live at the trailhead? Hauling supplies/vehicles adds up quick.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

something has to haul those toys somewhere.  I know when i take the atv out, sure it might cost me 20$ to ride it for the day, but it takes 50-100$ worth of gas to get to the trail to begin with.  I know with me personally, ill probably continue to take it out once a month or so just like ive always been doing, but I can understand why some people wont.  Whatever, more room on the trail for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#35]
LOL that's awesome.

You can't play with your 4 wheelers and so now you're speaking up about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Southern NH is $3.95 / gal now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I can't imagine how expensive it would be now to fill up a V-8 truck and a boat's fuel cell, let alone tow it for two hours.

My boat has a 454 and an 80 gallon tank, it's staying shrink wrapped this year.

Mid grade is $4.28 here, That's $342 to fill the tank.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice the lack of people protesting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?  Another example of Liberal hypocrisy at its best.

They freaked out over us getting rid of Saddam, even though we had a huge coalition, intelligence saying he was violating a cease-fire agreement, and approval from Congress.  Now Obama decides on his own to attack Libya without even consulting Congress or have a PLAN?  Where are the fucking liberals?  This proves their outrage and opposition to the Iraq war was 100% partisan.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Dirt bike trails are right behind my neighborhood.  But if you have to trailer your stuff around then that makes sense.  Kindof like taking a boat outin the gulf  right now.  No way in hell I'd pay for that gas but then again I don't own a boat.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats not the problem.

This...

Back when I used to ride every weekend, it was nothing to spend $50 or so on gas just for the ATVs, not including the fuel to get there and back. These days that price would easly change to  a couple hudred for a weekend riding trip...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
LOL that's awesome.

You can't play with your 4 wheelers and so now you're speaking up about it.

Ah but see that is the point.

No one complained because we could absorb the few cents and still play with our toys and no one cared.

No people are starting to feel it firsthand and can no longer the do the things they are used to doing.

This is the turning point where people start to wake up and take notice.

If the worlds problems dont effect you, why should you give a fuck?

Of course you wouldnt.  Now things have changed, food is more expensive, playing with our toys is more expensive.  Pretty soon just living will get more expensive.  

At that point even the libtards are going to have to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Get a mountain bike, lazy bastards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Gas is $3.89 here! I do not see RV's on the road these day's. We have a large RV park near Charlotte motor speadway and it is empty!!!!!! I'm bummed because I'm looking for a job and have to do alot of networking and resumes over the computer, because I can't get drive around and nock on door's. I applied online and went to a business, the manager stated he had 75 applicants!! Without nocking on doors it is hard to get noticed!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
3.82 here

+1
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Hope & Change
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#46]
My 16MPG truck is going to carmax Tuesday for the offer they made me.  

My new car got 35PMG on my road trip this weekend.

I am going to miss that truck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I used to have to run out offshore about 20mi in Florida to catch anything decent. 20' boat with a 150hp outboard. Tank held 53gals useable fuel. 53 x $3.89 + $12 for a gallon of 2-stroke oil = $218.17 for boat fuel + $10 for truck + 25 for bait + $40 for beer,ice,food for a grand total of $293.17 for a days fishing. I have friends that still commercial fish. One lost his a$$ the last time fuel went to $4/gallon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to have to run out offshore about 20mi in Florida to catch anything decent. 20' boat with a 150hp outboard. Tank held 53gals useable fuel. 53 x $3.89 + $12 for a gallon of 2-stroke oil = $218.17 for boat fuel + $10 for truck + 25 for bait + $40 for beer,ice,food for a grand total of $293.17 for a days fishing. I have friends that still commercial fish. One lost his a$$ the last time fuel went to $4/gallon.

Do you have to restart the pump two times?  It cuts us off at 99 here.  What a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I sold my 4-wheelers after the last gas price go around.  I still have my 31ft motorhome that gets 7 MPG... but it's not going anywhere anytime soon.  I'll be "camping" in the back yard this season if gas stays where it's at...  

On the bright side, it's a fully contained bug-out/SHTF vehicle, so I'll be hanging on to it
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll spare you the suspense:

Several half-assed republicans will shoot their load and treasury fighting each other.
Regardless of gas prices, Obama and his billion dollar war chest will carry the election.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top