Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2004 5:58:14 PM EDT
We've been seeing and hearing for the last week or so about the record high crude costs on the world market, but here at the pump the prices have been dropping and we're paying around $1.97 and less around here.  Northern Orange County , CA

What are you paying?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
2.00 a gal

God damn it Bush better do something or I will go Kerry ------------ the prick. He is riding around on the tax payers bucks -- I am paying for mine............

And the ASSHOLES WHO SAY INVEST IN GAS CAN KISS MY ASS. I need cheap gas, not investments.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The gas and oil markets are somewhat different.  If there is more supply than demand for gas then the price will drop.  Right now oil is held up by speculation.  Might want to consider going short on oil soon.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
$1.87 Loudoun County VA
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
1.66 today.  Up from 1.53 last week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
$1.69 for gas or Diesel in Augusta GA (all over GA really, I  have done a lot of driving this week).

I got gas cheaper then you, haha.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...God damn it Bush better do something or I will go Kerry...

Great logic.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Regular $1.84 today in northern NJ.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#10]
$1.98 at Arco here in San Diego.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

God damn it Bush better do something.

Since when is the Executive Branch responsible for low gas prices?

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Right around $1.85 here... [Seattle Suburbia]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#15]
My guess is that it's Chinese demand for petroleum fuels for factories and electricity, but not gasoline fuel for autos that explains the rise in crude oil futures but not unleaded futures.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#16]
And what will Kerry do to make you happy?

Quoted:
2.00 a gal

God damn it Bush better do something or I will go Kerry ------------ the prick. He is riding around on the tax payers bucks -- I am paying for mine............

And the ASSHOLES WHO SAY INVEST IN GAS CAN KISS MY ASS. I need cheap gas, not investments.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#17]
$1.91 for regular.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great logic.  

Today an oil man expert said oil was going to go for 50.00 a barrel - he said you could drill for oil in your back yard for that.
He said oil from off shore rigs could sell at 14.00 a barrel to break even

He said this is nuts and is just  oil company greed.

Logic be damned --
I need cheap gas -- I need it more than anything - this causes everything to go up in price
Food
medicine
everyfucking thing

We need cheap gas

we need gas at cheap prices -- time for a revolt maybe

wait till this winter when your paying for fuel oil to keep your family warm ----------- can you say Boston Tea Party
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Right....it's Bush's fault for high gas prices

***Disclaimer*** I take no credit for an possible speeling mestackes in this post. They are all the responcibelity of Gorge W Boosh.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]
And before the -- gas is more in Europe crowd chimes in --- this ain't Europe so get a clue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#21]
$2.03 for 87, which is useless for me, since my car guzzles premium at $2.23.  I usually wait around until sunday for the gas sale, which gives me premium at $2.13.  Its a wonderful thing!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#22]
50.00 --- 60.00 is way to much to fill your tanks

I do not care who you are --- this is , has been nuts.

Kerry will give us cheap gas maybe ?

If he said he would do that,  I would vote for him -------- seriously.

I need cheap gas to survive.

If he had a brain he would take this tact.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#23]
How will kerry keep investors from speculating on the price of oil?

oil is expensive because fear and instability of the middle east is putting a price premium on it, nothing kerry can do to stop that. Oil prices will correct naturally eventually when inventory gets to a certain level it will relieve the fear that is in the market.

And honestly, $2 a gallon is no huge deal, quit yer bitching. Not even close to highs adjusted for inflation. Nothing to worry about.

Plus, the longer oil prices stay in the $40-50 range, the more incentive there is for exploration in north america and other more stable regions, which reduces our reliance on middle east oil, which lowers the fear and instability premium on oil, which will lower the price eventually.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't get it. If the current war was about oil, shouldn't gas prices be at an all time low? I going to have a bad day if my liberal friends lied to me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Filled up the cars and about another 20 gals in gas cans for $1.949.  Today when I went past the same place it was $2.049.  The lowest I got it for so far this year was $1.759
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

oil is expensive because fear and instability of the middle east is putting a price premium on it, nothing kerry can do to stop that. Oil prices will correct naturally eventually when inventory gets to a certain level it will relieve the fear that is in the market.

And honestly, $2 a gallon is no huge deal, quit yer bitching. Not even close to highs adjusted for inflation. Nothing to worry about.

Plus, the longer oil prices stay in the $40-50 range, the more incentive there is for exploration in north america and other more stable regions, which reduces our reliance on middle east oil, which lowers the fear and instability premium on oil, which will lower the price eventually.

You have been brainwashed by the oil men ----------- sad

Hell lets pay 5.00 a gallon, they deserve it.

COC prevents me from telling you what I think of your statement.

What can Kerry do ----------- a way lot you ****s*** ------ a way lot. I would be willing to pay 50.00 for a bottle of catsup  - I can do without that, gas I need. Get a clue
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#27]
$1.83 in Everett, WA. At least it no longer costs $100 to fill up my 42 gallon gas tank.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#28]

During the gas crunch with Clinton -- I saw more Haliberton and Slumberjay oil wells being drilled than I ever saw in my life. They were on the road 24/7.

There were oil field jobs easy to get

during this gas crunch all I have seen is  Bush and his buds  getting fatter and fatter.

Incentives for domestic oil production - what is so hard about seeing that ?

Ammo is made from petroleum by products wait till it increases the price for ammo till it is prohibitively expensive -- them maybe someone here  will care.

Christ -- the Bush can do no wrong crowd here  makes me ill sometimes.

wake up people

your sitting in front of a computer ----- do some research , besides just reading the drivel being spewed here at times.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I am no expert, I was listing to a radio show on 77WABC (NY station).  The availability of crude oil is not the problem.  It is the ability to refine the crude oil.  When was the last time a new refinery was built it the US the 1970s?  Because of all the FUCKING tree hugging hippies pressed for strict environmental laws has made it nearly impossible for a oil company to build a new refinery that will turn a profit.  There is so much red tape, environmental impact studies etc, it will take years for a shovel to break the ground.  

The host on the radio show also mentioned that there is too broad of a selection of gas because cretin states have different requirements for the types of gas, Kalifornia comes to mind.  If there is a shortage in the western US no eastern US refineries will produce the gas needed because it would not be profitable to produce and transport it across the country.  If the types of gas were the same through out the county it will help with the demand and hopefully make the prices lower.  Also keep in mind that over the past 10-15 years the consumption of gas has skyrocketed with popularity of SUVs and there has been no increase in our ability to add capacity to refine fuels in the US

By saying that this is Bush’s fault or Kerry will lower the price of gas is total BS.  Laws need to be changed so that oil companies can build more refineries which will allow a larger supply of gas in the US, which in turn will lower the price of gas.  We also need to stop being dependent on foreign oil. If Kerry does win the election do people think that everything will change magicly over night?
That is my $.02.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

During the gas crunch with Clinton -- I saw more Haliberton and Slumberjay oil wells being drilled than I ever saw in my life. They were on the road 24/7.

There were oil field jobs easy to get

during this gas crunch all I have seen is  Bush and his buds  getting fatter and fatter.

Incentives for domestic oil production - what is so hard about seeing that ?

Ammo is made from petroleum by products wait till it increases the price for ammo till it is prohibitively expensive -- them maybe someone here  will care.

Christ -- the Bush can do no wrong crowd here  makes me ill sometimes.

wake up people

your sitting in front of a computer ----- do some research , besides just reading the drivel being spewed here at times.

Your logical and informed method of selecting the leader of our Nation has won me over.  I'm voting Kerry.

Regards,
Mild Bill
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Kerry says this is how you get cheap gas

For shits and giggles I e mailed  Kerry  HQ an hour latter I got this makes,  sense to me . Or am wrong ?

I e mailed Bush HQ asking how we get cheap gas ---  and this is what I got from them

Pres. Bush's feeling on the high price of gas
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#32]
a gallon is around 7 dollars over here!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

And 3/4 of that is tax -- or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#34]
1.78 last time I filled up.  Omaha, Nebraska
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're right
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#36]

I saw in the Wall Street Journal this week that gas prices are highest in Hawaii and California.  Hawaii being an island the shipping is more expensive and the local taxes are higher to boot.  

California has high gas prices due to the boutique gas requirements of the CARB (California Air Resources Board) which means gasoline unique to California.

If we could have a national standard gasoline, instead of different formulations for: city vs. rural locations, state to state, and even mountain regions have a different gas formulation.

For example in my area there are summer and winter blends and a blend specifically for the Chicago area.

Further, no new refinery has been built in the entire USA in 30 YEARS.

MOST OF THIS can be blamed on the eco-freaks and the left wing democrats.  If we could drill at ANWAR in Alaska (even though the oil won't come online for a decade, the sooner we start the better), and in coastal areas around Florida, we would have higher supply that would lower gas prices.

It must be said that the enviro groups LOVE high gas prices.  They think it is the best way to reduce demand.  If you'll recall, they have consistently called for a 50 cent per gallon gas tax.

Cyanide, that Kerry link is laughable, it has no specifics, just promises.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, lets just take a look at the FACT that Kerry wants to tack on a $.50 PER GALLON gasoline tax!!!!!!!!!

Fuck more taxes. I'm voting with my wallet.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
[Incentives for domestic oil production - what is so hard about seeing that ?

Two problems...

1) Our spike in gas prices had more to do with refinery capacity.  Improve that, and eliminate the 50 zillion special environmentally 'friendly' grades of gas and the price would fall.

2) WTF makes you think increasing production of OUR oil is a good thing?  I'd rather bleed the Middle East dry first, then use ours.  The sooner those f@@kers have no money left, the better.

Think long-term.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wholesale oil prices are arount $US1.20.  83% of the price is tax, storage, transport and markup.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#41]
The last thing I will say is the soon to be $50 a barrel oil has almost nothing to do with supply, but is an emotional response to the possibility of supply disruption.  No request for oil is going unfilled, nor has it.

If Kerry is elected, and the market movers/shakers feel he will cause more unrest by jerking troops out, the price will increase.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#42]
) Our spike in gas prices had more to do with refinery capacity. Improve that, and eliminate the 50 zillion special environmentally 'friendly' grades of gas and the price would fall

Every time we have this discussion people say that. What incentive do they have to build refineries ??

If a Pres. manipulated the system through incentives,  gas producers would be at each others throat to be first to build refineries .

So why don't that happen ??? why ?

If Ca wants clean gas let them pay for it -- refine it there in that muddled state.

Don't tell me I have to suffer for those fools.

Or are they afraid someone --- read that Honda -  will come up with an alternative fueled vehicle and they will be screwed ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The gas and oil markets are somewhat different.  If there is more supply than demand for gas then the price will drop.  Right now oil is held up by speculation.  Might want to consider going short on oil soon.

GunLvr

We are going to see at least $65.00 a barrel oil within three months.  Short? Not me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

We are going to see at least $65.00 a barrel oil within three months.  Short? Not me.

Not if Russia gets it act together and starts exporting in quantities.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]
$1.64 here for Reg.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

You think thats how it works?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Every time we have this discussion people say that. What incentive do they have to build refineries ??

Broke my word not to say more

Two points:

1) They keep saying it because it is true.  It isn't an oil production problem.  Kerry is full of shit if he thinks it is.

2) BS environmental laws supported by Kerry are the reason why there are no new refineries.  That and huge frigging lawsuits by Edward-like liability lawyers.

So your plan to vote Kerry in won't do you any good.  Sorry.  But don't do something stupid like vote for Kerry because it won't help.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#48]
$1.63 - regular - Austin, Texas - if you look around----Savage1
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

You think thats how it works?

Not sure , but we are hoping for different things-- you for stock profits

me for reasonable priced gas.

Frankly it would give me a charge if all those that were trying to make a killing on oil futures got creamed. It is almost self defeating in nature -- high fuel prices translate into higher prices for everything -- everything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great logic.  

Today an oil man expert said oil was going to go for 50.00 a barrel - he said you could drill for oil in your back yard for that.
He said oil from off shore rigs could sell at 14.00 a barrel to break even

He said this is nuts and is just  oil company greed.

Logic be damned --
I need cheap gas -- I need it more than anything - this causes everything to go up in price
Food
medicine
everyfucking thing

We need cheap gas

we need gas at cheap prices -- time for a revolt maybe

wait till this winter when your paying for fuel oil to keep your family warm ----------- can you say Boston Tea Party

You need to re-think what oil "experts" you listen to.  That guy sounds like a fool.

This is coming from someone who works in the oil industry, as has most of his family.  The town I live in would not exist if not for the oil business.

And, BTW, if anyone thiks the price of oil will go down if we drill in the US more, is a fool.  The cost of drilling a well here and producing and shipping the crude is outrageous when compared to foriegn oil.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top