Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 1:22:57 PM EDT
Just wondering if this is a good GPS unit? I am thinking of geting it and amazon.com has it for 200$ is it a good buy? i know you need to get the topo map's CD also but i think it comes preloaded. thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Own two,one for me and one for the wife.

I really like it/them and if the wife gets lost or
trys running away from me I can track her down
with the transmit location feature.

They do chew up batteries when you use the radio a lot though.

Overall a pretty good unit and at $200 is a good deal.

GM

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it's a good unit, and that price is also good, but the strength in the RINO series is when used in pairs/multiples. It has a built in FRS / GMRS radio and the ability to track other people that have a RINOs.

So if you already have a radio, and nobody else you travel/hike/hunt/camp/fish with has a RINO, you might be able to find a better deal on a GPS unit that doesn't have those features you don't need.

Now, I have one, both of my brothers that I hunt with have them, we use all of the features and find it to be a great unit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Rino 120 a few weeks ago and I'm pleased with it's performance, took it on annual training with my guard unit and it kicked ass.  The radio isn't quite as good, but for an all in one package, it can't be beat.  Tall trees and other terrain features sometimes interfere with the signal, but that happens with any GPS.  The basemap that comes with the unit is pretty good.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top