Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2009 5:47:34 PM EDT
Im watching this show called Gangland on the History Channel and I feel like they are trying to make them look like bad-asses or something rather than the scumbags they are. There have been four episodes and each of them have people from the gangs who are interviewed. They are portraying them like any other reality show lifestyle (deadliest catch, ax men... ect.). I have heard nothing about how these people need to be stopped. I feel like its good advertising for them.  

ETA: Meant to add who they are talking about
Florida Warlocks
Oregon Hoovers
Texas TBC
Oklahoma South Side Locos
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im watching this show called Gangland on the History Channel and I feel like they are trying to make them look like bad-asses or something rather than the scumbags they are. There have been four episodes and each of them have people from the gangs who are interviewed. They are portraying them like any other reality show lifestyle (deadliest catch, ax men... ect.). I have heard nothing about how these people need to be stopped. I feel like its good advertising for them.  

ETA: Meant to add who they are talking about
Florida Warlocks
Oregon Hoovers
Texas TBC
Oklahoma South Side Locos

I fully agree.

I feel like the makers of the show are giving the benefit of the doubt to these scum bags which is something they don't deserve. The words they use and they way they discuss the gang makes you think they might as well be talking about a business or something. The way I'm sure the gangsters themselves talk about their profession. (See I did it too right there by saying that being a gangster is a profession)

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly, its ridiculous, how the gangsters lives are tough and what they need to do to get through. I cant stand it but I cant turn it off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It might be harder to get gang interviews if they the portray them as complete scum..
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it wrong that everytime I watch an episode of Gangland, and they show all of the gangbangers
partying that I think to myself "Damn, what a great time to call in an airstrike".

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I found it more ironic that the numbers USA mailer came out today about the newest bullshit amnesty bill for all illegals and how we will forgive violent felons over 65 of all wrong doing and it coincided with History showing the violence and idiocy of mexican gangs.

Seemed rather poetic and well played to me. I guess it depends on how you look at it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is it wrong that everytime I watch an episode of Gangland, and they show all of the gangbangers
partying that I think to myself "Damn, what a great time to call in an airstrike".

I was thinking 81mm WP delayed to get into the room.
500 lb. gp really tears up the neighbors landscaping.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
when are they going to do the arfcom mob episode?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yet if you start a thread on this site about those types, most people say:

"you MUST respect them!"  -why, did they do something special to make me respect them more than anybody else?

"don't f' with them"  -yeah, thanks for reminding me, because I always slap, play grabass, and generally disrespect random people out in public

"they just want to be left alone to do their own thing"  -yeah no shit, pretty much everyone I know does, especially criminals

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top