Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 12:55:02 PM EDT
I went to a local Gander Mtn today to get a Sig 226.  I’m military assigned to AR, but I still have a TX drivers license.  I know from past experience that all I need is a copy of my PCS orders assigning me to AR.  So I show them my orders (AF Form 899).  Guy behind the counter tells me that these are not orders.  He says I need to bring them “permanent duty station orders”.  WTF?  The form I showed him has worked in the past, and had just worked to get me two stripped AR-15 lowers at a shop down the street.  So, was this guy on crack, or do I need to get some other piece of paperwork?  Are there any FFLs out there that can shed some light on this?  Or someone with experience in this matter?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well let's see....  You went to Gander Mountain, so the chances were pretty good you were dealing with an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The person you dealt with is an....

[Inspector Clusseau] You are an idjit[inspector clussueau]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top