Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/10/2007 11:51:34 AM EST
I have a good friend of mine who had to go to the emergency room because she could'nt breathe..they found out she had gallstones and will schedule a surgery. Is this serious or bad? Or is it routine procedure? Will she have to stay in the hospital for a few days.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:55:36 AM EST
Not serious.
Laparoscopic.
Three bandaids and stitches in the navel.
In-and-out in twenty-three hours to be considered out-patient.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:57:24 AM EST
Yeah it's not bad at all these days if they do it lap (as above.)

If they have to do it open it sucks maybe 50% more, but it's still not that bad.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:03:17 PM EST
Thanks guys...relieves me a lot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:04:33 PM EST
OST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:07:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:12:33 PM EST
I have had probably 50 attacks in the last 4 years. After seeing the Surgeon on a Tuesday he wanted to take it out on Thursday, that was a year and a half ago. I went over a year without an attack and a week ago Sunday I had back to back attacks(a new one for me) I am for some reason against having it. I have a feeling one of these days I will have no choice, or it will be not an option.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:13:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Originally Posted By uxb:
Not serious.
Laparoscopic.
Three bandaids and stitches in the navel.
In-and-out in twenty-three hours to be considered out-patient.

My wife had it done last August and it was just like this ^^^. No biggee (probably worse for me, as I was sick with worry ). She got a little nauseous when she woke up but they even have a shot for that now (added to IV). She was back to work in just a few days.

Letting it go is the bad thing, as it becomes gangrenous and then you have the old-style surgery with a big incision, and possible BAD complications from infection. Oh, my wife has NO side-effects, normal bowel function, etc. The surgeon said 1/100 have loose stools for a while (and VERY rarely permanently), but my wife was lucky. The attacks were just AWFUL. I felt so bad for her.

I feel bad for my friend..it got so bad she almost passed out with pain. She's a tough chick but I guess everyone has their limits. I am more relieved now to see she'll be ok. Just wondered if they'd keep her overnight.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:14:25 PM EST
Piece of cake. I was sitting up in bed (pain meds) a few hours after the surgery. Went home the next day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:16:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:17:06 PM EST
If you know you have gallstones get it out-- I had a stone get lodged in a duct and back up my pancreas and liver and stomach causing pancreatitis. Man you dont want that shit-- but ya the operation itself and recovery is nothin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:17:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
I have had probably 50 attacks in the last 4 years. After seeing the Surgeon on a Tuesday he wanted to take it out on Thursday, that was a year and a half ago. I went over a year without an attack and a week ago Sunday I had back to back attacks(a new one for me) I am for some reason against having it. I have a feeling one of these days I will have no choice, or it will be not an option.

Dibs on guns,gear,and ammo!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:34:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:

Get R done, 1 Gun...what would Tony Stewart do?

Go take care of that deal..this week. Or else!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:36:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:13:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:

I feel bad for my friend..it got so bad she almost passed out with pain. She's a tough chick but I guess everyone has their limits. I am more relieved now to see she'll be ok. Just wondered if they'd keep her overnight.

My wife's attacks would last until she vomited--that apparently pushed the stone back into the gall bladder. She sometimes had many hours of pure misery.

She stayed overnight and was EAGER to leave the next morning, but had to wait a couple hours for the surgeon to come in and release her. She felt GREAT the next day.

This will be great news for her...I was hoping it was'nt serious. She has been having problems for a couple of weeks now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:01:16 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:55:35 PM EST
Well..she had the gallstones removed from the channels through ultrasound, now they have to remove the bladder tomorrow.
Top Top