Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 9:09:56 PM EDT
I got a new Galaxy S3 to replace my EVO.

Already have a problem that I can't figure out. It won't play videos from sites like Fox news or CNN and even embedded youtube videos. Going to youtube they play fine.

Anyone know if there is a setting I need to change or an app to get to solve the problem.

Thanks

Allan
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have this bad habit I picked up from having Windows for many years. Updating any tech. hardware I buy before using it. So if I may suggest IF you haven't already. Secondly, you may want to try a different browser. I'm not impressed with droid browser. Try Boat browser. Not very complicated which is one of my requirements.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Adobe discontinued Flash support for the Android platform. You can "sideload" the .apk (install file) relatively easily.
I had to do the same thing with my Asus Tablet. took all of 5 minutes tops.

here's an article on it.
http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-install-flash-your-android-device

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Good point. Boat browser worked well. I just went to CNBC and checked. It opens videos but not automatically. You have to specify when prompted to.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks...I will try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top