Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2001 6:31:07 PM EDT
For those lucky few LEO's that have gotten close to one: The dual sight... (red-dot & 3.6X) is it a great new wonderfull thing? Or is it just a good way to spend big bucks? Is it rugged? What type of battereis do they use in those things? Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:45:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:48:35 PM EDT
The Hensoldt dot sight uses a AA-size lithium battery, and they cost about 8 bucks a shot. The fiber-optic line that powers it during the day does a good job, though. I like the system because I can zero the scope at 50 yards and get headshots from 100 yds and in, and zero the dot at 15 yards for close-in work. However, I think for entry teams or for patrol use, the new iron-sight version would be better.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:49:09 PM EDT
The Hensoldt dot sight uses a AA-size lithium battery, and they cost about 8 bucks a shot. The fiber-optic line that powers it during the day does a good job, though. I like the system because I can zero the scope at 50 yards and get headshots from 100 yds and in, and zero the dot at 15 yards for close-in work. However, I think for entry teams or for patrol use, the new iron-sight version would be better. The sights seem to be rugged so far- we haven't had any breakages yet. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:03:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:37:28 PM EDT
I held one. It was a Full Auto too. G36K. I was with GaryOwen at the time. check out the Armory, it's such a [b]COOL[/b] place. [):)] NSF
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 8:58:14 PM EDT
I inspected a std. G36 rifle with the dual sighting system. The red dot I thought was too small to use for CQB. The 3.5x optical sight is pretty sweet though. I'd have to say that since I own an AR-15, I like the AR-15's set up better too. If you're a LEO and need a .223, get a G36C, since it uses a Picatinny Rail and has fixed iron sights like the UMP submachinegun. themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 5:30:54 AM EDT
All of the G36's are now available with the picatinny rail with iron sights instead of optics. You can also get it as a retrofit accessory. The dot is kinda small and can be hard to pick up in a hurry- slower than iron sights. The biggest problem is that it is so high above the bore axis, and it's hard to get a good cheekweld when using the dot.
Top Top