Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 9:08:33 AM EDT
I remember when they first came out they had some problems? Anyone got one they like?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean the car made by Infiniti?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Isn't that the G35?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't that the G35?  

Hell, I don't know.  I was just trying to be funny.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
If you mean the Glock 36...

It was the first Glock I ever shot.  (This was the day after the 2000 election, and I was in the market for my first gun.)

It was VERY snappy and unpleasant.  I ended up with a G26.

Even after a few years of shooting, I still don't like it.  I much prefer the G30.  Still 45ACP, slightly fatter grip, and 10+1 instead of 6+1.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The G36 is an outstanding weapon that is proving itself more and more everyday.  The only problem is the housing.  Under conditons of extreme and constant heat they will begin to warp (melt).  But for comparisons to the M16 or M4 in usage, they are a very relieable and high effective weapon.  

Hell, they are so good, HK making one for the U.S.

Know...I assume we are talking about the HK G36 Assualt Rifle...correct?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The G36 is an outstanding weapon that is proving itself more and more everyday.  The only problem is the housing.  Under conditons of extreme and constant heat they will begin to warp (melt).  But for comparisons to the M16 or M4 in usage, they are a very relieable and high effective weapon.  

Ugly weapon
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the HK G36 a good weapon…

Well, the British SAS have a load of them aand are very impressed with them (HK G36K's IIRC)… they have their own budget and buy what they want.  Mostly they want Diemaco C8 SFW's and M4's, but they have kept their G36's.

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly weapon

HERETIC!

I think its pretty cool looking in the evil black rifle sense
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ugly weapon

Thats an ignorant statement.  The G36 is a thing of beauty!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#10]
TURD!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Actually they are not making one for the US.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The G36 is an outstanding weapon that is proving itself more and more everyday.....................

Ugly weapon

Yeah you definately don't get a smile out of your enemy when you fire upon them with one of these.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I take it you have actually handled one or does your opinion come from HK's advertisements?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Looks the business…

ANdy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Its still ugly, I don't like the carry handle/rail on top.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/g36.jpg

Looks the business…

ANdy

Enough crap on there?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#18]
HK riding on its MP5 wave again, I have never handled a G36, but it is hardly modern or innovative except in its sight configuration.  Its action is modeled after the AR18, HKs first rifle not using their distinctive blowback system.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#19]
the G36K in my opinion is a great weapon,   the M4 is pretty much comparable

its a bit more compact and natural feeling

its also quite a bit easier to clean

M4 vs. G36K is basiclly a price question, is it worth a few hundred extra bucks to ya?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#20]
It's been my carry gun for 4 years. Countless thousands of rounds, no kaboom yet. (Fingers srossed to save face around here where everyone hates on Glock)  Compact size good for my 140 pound size.  Do the standard mods, nite sights, extended slide/mag release, New York trigger mod and associated disconnect.

If it's a G36K review your title
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Yeah it's only a clone....but I love it!  

It's a G36E clone to be exact.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

are you one of those who doesn't like Cindy Crawford's mole birthmark?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you one of those who doesn't like Cindy Crawford's mole birthmark?

come on man,  army handles and 2 point slings are just an invitation to be undisciplined
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I got to play with one a while back and I was not impressed.

IMHO The worst feature of the weapon is the optical sight.  The field of view is too narrow and the image is not very sharp (no better than some $29.99 TASCO).   The ergonomics was good but not any better than AR-15/M-16 series.  While the weapon is not large or heavy it feels like a large/heavy weapon in the hand and felt a little bulky.  

Only advantage I saw was that it was easier to control (more accurate) while shooting short burst than the Colt M-4 that we shot on the same day.

I only had about 3 - 4 hours on the rifle so I'm no expert or anything like that but overall it was a good weapon but not much better than AR-15/M-16 series rifles/carbines.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#26]
My brother was at the HK academy  for swat classes and a was told there that the Brit's sent back a bunch of them from Afganistan because they were broken. He shot it and liked it but wouldn't buy one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it you have actually handled one or does your opinion come from HK's advertisements?

Yes, I have handled a couple of them,  While they are a surpurb firearm, it is my opinion that the housing becomes unstable after large, long amounts of supressive/support fire.  But being realistic about the soldier and his control, it shouldn't be problem.

Actually they are not making one for the US.

Ummm...hello...XM8...replacing the M16 and M4.  XM8=G36 in new clothes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top