Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 4:22:33 AM EDT
no pics-yet but he came from Chippewa Falls (Leinies) on the way he made two unscheduled stops - both well out of the way(10+ miles) of his route.  He stopped at Cady cheese factory and BOUGHT a cheese platter for the crew the got back on the main highway and detoured to River Falls, WI to throw some passes with the Kansa City chiefs quarterback at their summer training camp.  Then on to Hudson to lakefront park for his hometown discussion.  The whole downtown was shut down for him and the area around the park was blocked off almost completlet with semi trailers and cement barriers. there were city trucks blocking the side streets leading to his area too. A buddy got to meet/shake hands with him and got some pics I will try to get someone to post if i get them- but the dumbass did not clear his camera memory out and had only 8 pics.  I know on the way home from work cruising down highway 94 the whole westboud side was closed and there was a cop at every u-turn thing and about a dozen more at the border waiting for him to leave.  As well as cops at every overpass.  It was amazing to see even the logistics of a 'simple' visit takes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top