Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2008 5:49:46 AM EDT
Fucking.

Awesome.

The only thing missing was Al Pacino and his FNC.  By far the most fun gameplay since the Big Daddy fights in Bio Shock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

The only thing missing was Al Pacino and his FNC.  By far the most fun gameplay since the Big Daddy fights in Bio Shock.

NO FUCKING SHIT! I JUST PLAYED IT YESTERDAY!

OMG so awesome
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, it is awesome.. last time i was amazed like that was the AC-130 level on COD4.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

So that's what gun Pacino used.  Finally an answer after all these years.  I'm going to go let everyone in GD know.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So that's what gun Pacino used.  Finally an answer after all these years.  I'm going to go let everyone in GD know.

Link Posted: 5/14/2008 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

x2
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

OMG so awesome

+1

I have a slot dedicated to a save right before Three Leaf Clover (the bank robbery mission) just so I can go back and play it.

I also especially liked that mission where you tail the drug dealer on foot to track him back to his buddies... very simple, but very cool to stalk some scumbag through the streets at night while remaining stealthy. There really should have been more missions like that instead of just the one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

OMG so awesome

+1

I have a slot dedicated to a save right before Three Leaf Clover (the bank robbery mission) just so I can go back and play it.

I also especially liked that mission where you tail the drug dealer on foot to track him back to his buddies... very simple, but very cool to stalk some scumbag through the streets at night while remaining stealthy. There really should have been more missions like that instead of just the one.

GodDAMN that bank heist was awesome. Did you play on PS3? If so, think you could hang on to that save slot and mail it to me someday, please? (I'm still waiting on the next PS3 patch but played through on 360 and relied too much on autosave!)

I'm as much of a fan of the follow-the-dealer mission, since to me it's just one of a bunch of follow-the-leader-but-this-time-in-a-different-vehicle missions.

The last few missions were probably my favorites, though ... good times!
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
As soon as Niko strapped the bag on his back I thought "arfcom" and "heat".
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah i was thinking heat heat heat the whole time.  then i was like :(:( no fnc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I should get this game but I am not sure which console system to get it for.  Both systems will offer downloadable content.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

OMG so awesome

+1

GodDAMN that bank heist was awesome. Did you play on PS3? If so, think you could hang on to that save slot and mail it to me someday, please? (I'm still waiting on the next PS3 patch but played through on 360 and relied too much on autosave!)

I'm as much of a fan of the follow-the-dealer mission, since to me it's just one of a bunch of follow-the-leader-but-this-time-in-a-different-vehicle missions.

The last few missions were probably my favorites, though ... good times!

Sure, when you want it, IM me and tell me where to e-mail it.

And you're still having freezing problems? I still haven't frozen once on it.

Have you tried deleting the game data and reinstalling it? Assassin's Creed was crashing like HELL on me when I first installed it and someone said a bug in the installer causes the game data to not install right sometimes, and you can fix it by deleting the game data (NOT save data, just game data) and reinstalling. Did that and it fixed AC's super-frequent crashing. Just had crashes from the game itself being buggy after that (freaking Ubisoft programmers...). Maybe the same thing will work for GTA 4.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I will have to remember to save before I get to that point.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 4:20:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Packie will give you a call to meet him, but he wants you to go to Perseus on Algonquin to buy a suit first.  Do all that stuff and then hit your safe house to save.  Pick a save slot you won't delete later, and you're good to go.

It took me several tries to beat the mission.  The payout is huge though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Packie will give you a call to meet him, but he wants you to go to Perseus on Algonquin to buy a suit first.  Do all that stuff and then hit your safe house to save.  Pick a save slot you won't delete later, and you're good to go.

That's where I'm at right now... I have an onyx suit and tie, forget what kind of suit pants and a pair of shoes from the same store but I can't start the mission.

It says I need a suit+tie and "smart shoes"... wtf is that?  I thought it just meant nice shoes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i had to look at it like 5 times,  i kept thinking it said 25,000  
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sure, when you want it, IM me and tell me where to e-mail it.

And you're still having freezing problems? I still haven't frozen once on it.

Have you tried deleting the game data and reinstalling it? Assassin's Creed was crashing like HELL on me when I first installed it and someone said a bug in the installer causes the game data to not install right sometimes, and you can fix it by deleting the game data (NOT save data, just game data) and reinstalling. Did that and it fixed AC's super-frequent crashing. Just had crashes from the game itself being buggy after that (freaking Ubisoft programmers...). Maybe the same thing will work for GTA 4.

Cool, thanks man.

Yep, some early-build-date PS3s are still getting grief. (Mine's November '06.) Rockstar has a 12-step program of things to try (including deleting the data) and no dice. I have trouble ticket open with Rockstar. I often crash even before the opening credits / logos. Sometimes I'd just get partway through the install process. I never saw more than two seconds of video from the first cutscene. Thanks, though!

I ended up just playing (and finishing) GTA4 on 360, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm hanging on to my PS3 copy for multiplayer, since most of my friends are on PSN. I also want to be in queue in case there's a hardware issue ... can't have anything risking total Metal Gear immersion on 6/12!

I had crashes on AC as well after a while and deleting the data didn't help there either. Ended up just selling it, even though it was pretty cool, if repetitive.

I've had enough bizarre graphical glitches with Ubisoft games lately to push me somewhat away from that house entirely. My favorite is when random points on a model will suddenly shift to a position about 50m away, leading to some really distorted shit!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's where I'm at right now... I have an onyx suit and tie, forget what kind of suit pants and a pair of shoes from the same store but I can't start the mission.

It says I need a suit+tie and "smart shoes"... wtf is that?  I thought it just meant nice shoes.

That store has complete suits and you can buy the shoes there as well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Just go and get one of the full suits and pair it up with the black loafers.  Gotta be classy and shit if you're going to be gankin' tha bank's coin!
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
it was pretty funny.  i remember gettting the call to wear a suit, and i said omg, im going to rob a bank, i hope its like heat.  i was amazed when i was right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Fucking.

Awesome.

I don't know WTF you guys are talking about.

(Haven't gotten that far in the game either.)
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Played this level for the 1st time Fri. night.

Link Posted: 5/25/2008 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Just did Three Leaf Clover. Got through it on the second try. I killed a couple of cops and took their car to get away. It's always easier to lose your wanted level using the siren to get cars out of the way. Now I'm rich! It's hookers and blow from here on out.

Seriously though, this game is too easy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
At what point will I have access to this mission?  I am still stuck in South Bohan with Manny and Elizabeta.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
At what point will I have access to this mission?  I am still stuck in South Bohan with Manny and Elizabeta.

I think you have a few hours of play to go.  

This mission is issued by Packie, who you first meet at Elizabeta's.  You need to unlock the next section of the city that includes Algonquin; it becomes unlocked after you complete your first mission with Playboy X, and I believe you need to do work for Sgt. Francis McCreary to get to Packie.  The final mission with Packie is the bank heist.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I like the level but can't seem to lose the 3 stars afterwards. Fucking gay when the cops run me off the road, box me in, and light me up
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I like the level but can't seem to lose the 3 stars afterwards. Fucking gay when the cops run me off the road, box me in, and light me up

I chucked a couple grenades at the cop cars that showed up when we reached the street, got into the minivan and beat feat for the pay 'n spray.....duck through an alley or two and you can ditch the cops. Had to try it three times, though. Don't stay any longer than you need to make a hole or you're screwed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I got it on the 4th try. I just got lucky and made it outside the ring. As soon as I did I parked and waited. Right as a group of about 4 cop cars were coming down the road to get me from the other direction the wanted level went away.

Where can I get RPGs? I'm not allowed to buy them yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#28]
That mission was sweet! I took the whole thing on foot and blasted any pig that dared get in my way.

Really wish I had setup a save point right before so I can play through again, a few missions later the shootout in the museum is great too. Cant wait for them to unlock the RPG.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do Derrick McReary's missions...you'll unlock it during one of them.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do Derrick McReary's missions...you'll unlock it during one of them.  

I did that last night shortly after posting that question.... LoL..... i have a full load of RPG's now.

I saved immediately after visiting the weapons depot and soon there after let lose a fury of hell upon Liberty City.

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#31]
That was an easy mission and a lot of fun. Much better than the stupid motorcycle missions. Those suck bad, really bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I did that last night shortly after posting that question.... LoL..... i have a full load of RPG's now.

I saved immediately after visiting the weapons depot and soon there after let lose a fury of hell upon Liberty City.

5k a shot....too bad Jacob doesn't stock them. The damage they cause is fun but I only use it when I need it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Can't stand how the RPGs decide to bounce off 5 things before detonating, unless it hits something 3 feet away from me and blows me up. So much for arming distance....
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#34]
we need to have an ARF exclusive firefight against the police
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Rather than buy RPG's or any weapon just look for them hidden on the map.  If you want a  little help here is a link to a good map.  click on the list on the right to show items or hide them.  It shows cars, guns, just about everything.

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Hope it helps everything is to dang expensive in the game.  Also don't forget to kill people after they use the ATM to get extra cash.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Robbery video begins at the 13 minute mark (you can fast forward)
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3995718286683472474&hl=en
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm playing this now and this is intense! Very cool!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#38]
completed the story
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top