Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:56 AM EDT
My brother's daughter is turning 16 this week and they are purchasing her a car. We were talking and he was wondering if he could purchase a GPS tracking device to install in the vehicle so they can "keep track" of her and the vehicle on their home computer.

Anyone know of a good product that will allow them to do this. Paying a monthly fee will not be a problem as long as it is affordable.

ASO544
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
they dont trust her with a car yet they want to give her one?

pardon me for being a bit puzzled here
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't be......it is all about added safety and a little extra insurance.

ASO544
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#3]
There are lots of good products on the market.  Some of them are geared toward personal use, while others are geared toward commercial fleet use.  Do a little research before they have anything installed.  Covert ant. placement can be difficult at times, and not give the desired result.  Meaning is if  the ant doesnt have a view of the sky 24/7, blocks of information can be missing.  I worked in the industry on the commercial fleet side for 8 years, IM me if you have any more questions
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they dont trust her with a car yet they want to give her one?

pardon me for being a bit puzzled here

Unfortunately, in a lot of places, like Los Angeles, a car becomes a necessity once someone starts looking for work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top