Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:59:31 PM EDT
I have been twitching all over my body for over a year, started just a month after marriage

Just lately I have started to see glowing dots, blobs and lines in the blue sky, and combined with the twitching and other symptoms, this has me really worried about MS.

So when I am driving I try not to look at the sky as seeing them terrifies me, so I am fixated on the car in front of me.

So, I see a big black dot start to form on the car in front of me, and I panic, I am terrified now, the dot moves across the rear of the vehicle, my eyes cannot help but track it.

Just then I focus on the car, and notice that the dot has moved over a bumper sticker that reads

"TRUST JESUS"

I continue driving for a few seconds, then see the dreaded blobs again, tracking them to the side, only to notice that they move in front of a huge

"JESUS IS LORD"

Painted on the side of a building.

I go home, realize that I just need to trust Jesus, and remember his promise that he will not put upon us more than we can bear.  

I then decide to sell my tricked out AR (about $1500 worth) to help my brother, something I should have done a long time ago, but I was self-centered, selfish and evil.

I wake up the very next day, turn on the TV and see patients struggling to move, some were confined to wheelchairs.  I am thinking, please let this not be what MS is like!!!  I want to WALK!!!

then the TV host says that indeed my fears were correct, they had MS.

I was again terrified, so this is my destiny, to be confined to a wheelchair? and no more than five seconds later...

A GUY FROM THE CHURCH I JUST STARTED ATTENDING THE SUNDAY BEFORE CALLED AND INVITED ME AND MY WIFE OVER FOR DINNER!

This completely takes my terror away. I know now that, while I may be sick, GOD IS WITH ME!

So we go, enjoy wonderful steaks and Christian fellowship.

Later I decide to rededicate my life to Christ and get Baptised, and never falll back into a life of sin.  Unlike all those times before, i believe I can really do it this time!

And maybe, just maybe, God needed to do all this to my body just to get my attention, and now that I will DO HIS WILL, he will take away my affliction as he did for Job.

So has God ever talked to you guys in such a way?

Please pray for my wife and I, and our marriage as this has put much strain on it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#1]
dang, thats cool

what is MS btw
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it was and is cool

Satan yells at my body and terrifies my soul for over a year, but all God has to do is whisper quietly

"I am here"

and my soul is comforted!

MS is multiple sclerosis, if i spelled it right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So has God ever talked to you guys in such a way?

Oh yeah....I'm pretty dumb, so I need it a lot.

Later I decide to rededicate my life to Christ and get Baptised, and never falll back into a life of sin.  Unlike all those times before, i believe I can really do it this time!

Just remember this: you will sin.  Everyday.  We all do.  The important thing is not to get caught up in it.  You screw up, move on, try not to do the same dumb things over and over again.  Getting caught up in cycles of guilt takes you farther away from God, because you are doubting His power (and desire) to forgive you, wash you clean, bring you closer to Him.

And maybe, just maybe, God needed to do all this to my body just to get my attention, and now that I will DO HIS WILL, he will take away my affliction as he did for Job.

It may sound like I'm splitting hairs here, but remember that the important thing is doing His will, period.  Your physical infirmity may have come from Him, or it may have come from the god of this world.  He may take it away, and He may not.  In any case, you have declared yourself as His, and He will never abandon you or allow you to suffer any circumstance that does not bring you closer to Him.

Please pray for my wife and I, and our marriage as this has put much strain on it.

Done.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Christianity is a faith of new beginnings.  Each day, each hour, is an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start over.  Like Paul wrote, putting the past behind and pressing on.

Sin is a struggle for all of us.  We can feel so defeated when we slip.  Keep this in mind:

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. (1 John 2:1)

After we commit sin we feel ashamed to come to Jesus.  However, that is exactly what we need to do!  Instead of trying to hide (not much chance of that!) we need to run to Him and get a fresh cleansing and covering, then stand up and press on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Why did you pick MS ?

Have you seen a doc about it ?
Since it started right after your marrige it could be as simple as a reaction to your wifes perfume.
I had headaches and trembling in my right arm when my wife moved in turns out it was from my wife's perfume.

My point is look to see if its something new the wife brought in to the house.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
tagged...

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Do you mind if I mail you a devotional to read?   My wife and I read one at night and it has really made a difference in our lives.

p.s., what does your wife think about everything?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top