Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:43:50 PM EDT
How the hell do you get the oil cooler lines off the block on a '94 GMC k2500?

I had to replace both cooler lines and I can figure how the lines come off the fittings near the oil filter. The new lines look like they would just snap in, but the old ones don't seem to want to move. Do I need a special tool?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:54:22 PM EDT
Sorry, I have been having real bad luck disconnecting those "modern quick connect" fittings

when they are new they seem to work just fine, after a couple of years..........not my favorite "improvement"
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:03:17 AM EDT
flarenut wrench?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:16:44 PM EDT

Anyone in the evening crew have an answer for me?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:48:00 PM EDT
Are these the ones like the transmission lines that have a wire clip holding them in? When I removed my radiator I just used two small screwdrivers to catch the ends of the wire clips to pop them out. Push them out a little and you may can grab the back of the clip with a pair of needle nosed pliers and pull the clip. The line should then pop out. The nut the lines go into should have a series of slots for the rings to snap into. Hope this helps, let us know the outcome... fullclip
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:49:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GeorgeInNePa:

Anyone in the evening crew have an answer for me?

I would imagine that they are the standard "fuel line" quick disconnects that have little metal tabs inside that you have to depress. That's the way it is on my Cherokee's tranny oil cooler. They have tools for this at AutoZone (or similar). They go around the line going into the fitting and slide inside to depress the tabs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:50:31 PM EDT
If it is what I am thinking of, you need a special plastic cover, that you slip on and they pop right out.

Call a local auto parts store and see if they will rent you a set.
Top Top