Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 8:59:26 PM EDT
I've done some research on this topic and read the ads and figured some advise from some actual users would be best.
I'm looking for some moderately priced GMRS radios that have a decent range. I know terrain, etc. effects range and have used a friends set and was surprised at how far you could reach if you are on a hillside, but I'm sure some have to be better than others.
They'll mainly be used for hunting, finding the wife out shopping, etc. I've used the FRS types but they aren't cutting it range-wise. Any recomendations would be appreciated!          
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Midland M-222P which works good. Motorola is the best.  Also a weather channel option is nice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Cell phones work wonders!!!  The range is unlimited and not terrain restricted (well, much anyway)  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just recently ordered a few Yaesu VX-7R radios. They have not arrived as of yet so, I cannot comment as to their abilities.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#5]
PsyWarrior - Alot of the areas I go to don't have cell phone coverage at all.  There are some pretty remote areas of Arizona where cell phones don't work.  Sort of makes things nice sometimes.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top