Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 5:46:13 PM EST
I will be in the market for a new truck and am looking at the GMC Canyon. OK who has one?Basic extened cab truck ,automatic,L5 engine ,air conditioner,thats about it(no carbet) is what I want.I am a little concern about that new style engine as for as will it hold . The gas milage is good.I just wish that the canyon came with a diesel engine then you will have a good midsize truck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:51:21 PM EST
Canyonerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo­ooo!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:14:34 PM EST
I test-drove a Colorado about a month ago. I was very impressed by the power of the I5 powerplant. It had a ton of pep, shifting was nice and smooth. Ride was nice as well.

If I'm not mistaken (wouldn't be the first time), I think GM has been running that engine in the Trailblazer for a year or two, so it isn't entirely new.

If I had the money, I would probably think about buying one. But then again, I refuse to buy new.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:17:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By passgas55:
I just wish that the canyon came with a diesel engine then you will have a good midsize truck.

Then get a real truck, like an F-350, and you can get all the diesel power you want.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:18:04 PM EST
buy Ford. I am scared of chevy, especially a brand new design. If you really like it, wait a year till some of the bugs are worked out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:23:18 PM EST
A freind of mine got one about a month ago. So far he loves it. I looked at one but bought an Avalanche instead.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:09:51 PM EST
I've seen several of them driving around town locally, and I must confess that they don't look nearly as good in person as they do in print. It's like GM stylists cut the front off a full-size chevy truck, flipped it upside down, shrunk it 80 percent, and then stuck it back on...Ugly!

Also, what's up with lopping one cylinder off the Trailblazer/Envoy's I-6? They couldn't spare one lousy cylinder? GM has a long tradition of cheapening-up their small vehicles in order to move customers into the full-sized models, and it looks like they're continuing that tactic with this truck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:12:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Skibane:
I've seen several of them driving around town locally, and I must confess that they don't look nearly as good in person as they do in print. It's like GM stylists cut the front off a full-size chevy truck, flipped it upside down, shrunk it 80 percent, and then stuck it back on...Ugly!

Also, what's up with lopping one cylinder off the Trailblazer/Envoy's I-6? They couldn't spare one lousy cylinder? GM has a long tradition of cheapening-up their small vehicles in order to move customers into the full-sized models, and it looks like they're continuing that tactic with this truck.

Im with you, they do not look that good, the front is bad, nearly Aztek bad.

On the other hand I do think the Aztek would make a nice lowrider.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:48:56 PM EST
Are you talking about the Canyonaro?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:53:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:10:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 3:14:14 AM EST by Gopher]

The front end is my beef with the new Chevy body style. I don't like that pinched in nose/headlight/grill area. The GMC has a much cleaner look. I saw a regular cab one yesterday and had not noticed how good they looked until then.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:59:57 AM EST
How about just buying a full-size pickup???????????????????

They cost the same as a full-size. If they were cheaper, I could see the appeal.
Top Top