Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
They are going to the FN factory in SC to see how the M-16 is built.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This must be a channel i dont have.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I want see the room at the end of the tour, Free samples??
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
On The Military Channel. I've been meaning to watch this, good man.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Started watching from the start, with Armor Holdings.

Nice. I want a job at FN. Can I get the factory rejects?

Oops, Then I'll be the one ATF pays a visit to...... Of course I wouldn't want any lowers.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
That guy hosting the show was supposedly a Ranger or some shit, no?

He strikes me as a pogue, big time. I smell a rat.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I believe he is a Ranger School graduate, not a member of a Ranger BN.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
They had some interesting measuring tools and jigs at FN, but then the final specs only called for 4 MOA @ 100yds from a solid looking fixture? Not too impressive, IMHO.  Flashback to "barrel straightening via asian woman with hammer"....

I think/hope the host's lack of knowledge was just to explain everything to the audience. I doubt a ranger or whatever wouldn't know that the action cycled with gas from the fired round.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was a good show. It's cool how that stuff takes development.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty good show. I wish I had half of the tools they got. It was pretty neat to watch them mount the uppers to barrels. I could crank out AR's for everybody. Including me. The host is a Hudson high grad. Not sure what his claim to fame is.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe he is a Ranger School graduate, not a member of a Ranger BN.

OK, that explains something I suppose. There was just something about how he fired the M16A4 on the show, he said he wasn't sure he'd remember how it felt to fire the M16

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
The Hosts Bio from Discovery.com...

About the Host: Kelly Perdew

Kelly Perdew is an experienced entrepreneur, having led major negotiations and implemented successful operational strategies at a range of companies. Most recently, Kelly's entrepreneurial skills and strategic thinking abilities were put to the test on the highly acclaimed NBC show, The Apprentice.

Since winning and becoming "The Apprentice," Kelly has been assigned to several high profile projects for the Trump Organization. Prior to that, Kelly held chairman and CEO positions for companies such as www.MotorPride.com, CoreObjects Software, www.eteamz.com and K12 Productions. Kelly was also a strategy manager at Deloitte Consulting and CFO for ImageTel.

Kelly served as a military intelligence officer in the U.S. Army and successfully completed both Airborne and Ranger training. He holds a B.S. degree from the United States Military Academy, West Point, and earned his M.B.A. from The Anderson School at UCLA and his JD from the UCLA School of Law.

Kelly also donates his time as a celebrity spokesperson for Big Brothers/Sisters (www.bbbs.org) and the National Guard Youth Challenge Program (www.ngycp.org).

Kelly has just authored a new book, Take Command: 10 Leadership Principles I Learned in the Military and Put to Work for Donald Trump, which examines the strong connection between military leadership and business success. For more information visit Kelly's website www.kellyperdew.com.

Atleast he went thru Airborne and Ranger school.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
It was a good show and the FN factory was very cool

If you missed it they are re-running the show later tonight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I didnt realize how much work and material went into making a Kevlar Helmet.
One thing that seemed off to me was that supposedly the Advanced Combat Helmet can stop a 5.56 round, IIRC its only like a level III helmet and that wont stop a 5.56 round, anyway...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
One thing that seemed off to me was that supposedly the Advanced Combat Helmet can stop a 5.56 round, IIRC its only like a level III helmet and that wont stop a 5.56 round, anyway...

The Old Kelvar's are pretty tought. I know for a fact that it takes three GBS's to split one in half. And thats when it launches it about 150' into the air. after that we shot it to shit with a 9mm, AR in 5.56, and a 30-06 savage with FMJ's (about 20 yards). The GBS's split it up the back and the 06 went thru the material. The 9mm FMJ's didn't go thru it, The AR with M855's would usally just dent the shit out it but some went thru. We did this to three helmets. BTW each helmet split up the back after the GBS's blowing them up. No I don't have pics. Sorry
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Old Kelvar's are pretty tought. I know for a fact that it takes three GBS's to split one in half. And thats when it launches it about 150' into the air. after that we shot it to shit with a 9mm, AR in 5.56, and a 30-06 savage with FMJ's (about 20 yards). The GBS's split it up the back and the 06 went thru the material. The 9mm FMJ's didn't go thru it, The AR with M855's would usally just dent the shit out it but some went thru. We did this to three helmets. BTW each helmet split up the back after the GBS's blowing them up. No I don't have pics. Sorry

Guess they are tougher than I thought
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Good episode.

Going to record the midnight re-run.

Replays at midnight PST on the Military Channel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Started watching from the start, with Armor Holdings.

Nice. I want a job at FN. Can I get the factory rejects?

Oops, Then I'll be the one ATF pays a visit to...... Of course I wouldn't want any lowers.

What about Armor Holdings?? We are supposed to be on MArch 27 or 28th?? Did I miss it?

In case you wonder, I work at their Phoenix Heavy Tactical Vehicle division.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
GI Factory - Up-Armored HMMWV (41.5 Mb)

rapidshare.de/files/16527819/GI_Factory_S01EP01_Part1of3.wmv.html

Video stutters very slightly and the audio is out of sync a little. It's still watchable.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top