Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2002 3:45:39 PM EDT
As I'm sure many of us are aware, the Cartoon Network has been showing the eighties-era GI Joe cartoons at 12:30 AM on weekdays.  Needless to say, I have been enjoying them immensely.

It has come to my attention that they are considering whether or not to continue them past December.

I humbly ask that you click on the link and ask them to continue to show GI Joe at whatever timeslot they find convenient.  

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/gen/help/index.html

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this sort of request, but I gotta' have my GI Joe!

Yo Joe!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would, but all the Joe's are terrible shots and the pilots are amazingly quick with the eject handle.  Everyone who got shot would catch the laser beam in the deltoid and every pilot ejected 1.5503 seconds before the plane blew up.

I don't know, something tells me these spec ops guys weren't all that.  And what's up with Cobra Commander, that lisp would get his ass kicked around any metropolitan area these days.  And Destro?  Come on buddy, why weren't you hittin' the Baroness like every episode.  That gal was BEGGIN' for it!!!

I'd hit it.

And Shipwreck was gay.  He starred in way too many episodes...I kept waiting for Snake Eyes to rough him then toss him over to Roadblock whoed then give him a real beatin USMC bruisin'...afterwhich Snake Eyes would go off and tear a piece off from Scarlet.  Now I'd definately hit THAT.

Forgive me, I digressed...But was it me, or did EVERYONE aim their shots 20 feet too high?

Answer me this, and I shall click your link.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, stay away from Scarlett.  I saw her first!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would, but all the Joe's are terrible shots and the pilots are amazingly quick with the eject handle.  Everyone who got shot would catch the laser beam in the deltoid and every pilot ejected 1.5503 seconds before the plane blew up.

I don't know, something tells me these spec ops guys weren't all that.  And what's up with Cobra Commander, that lisp would get his ass kicked around any metropolitan area these days.  And Destro?  Come on buddy, why weren't you hittin' the Baroness like every episode.  That gal was BEGGIN' for it!!!

I'd hit it.

And Shipwreck was gay.  He starred in way too many episodes...I kept waiting for Snake Eyes to rough him then toss him over to Roadblock whoed then give him a real beatin USMC bruisin'...afterwhich Snake Eyes would go off and tear a piece off from Scarlet.  Now I'd definately hit THAT.

Forgive me, I digressed...But was it me, or did EVERYONE aim their shots 20 feet too high?

Answer me this, and I shall click your link.
View Quote

Whoa. I thought I would never, ever, in a million years, say this, but you watch WAY too much TV, man.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
lol...ah come on guys, fess up!  You were THERE TOO!  lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, my favorite cartoon, Robotech, would make mince meat out of the Joes. We had planes that tranform and we almost never miss because of our targeting computers. Even some of our main charactors were killed. And poor little Min-mai would make a perfect love slave. [:D]  
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Right on there brotha!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/gen/help/index.html[/url] Fixed the link, I'll help!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Feedback sent!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, my favorite cartoon, Robotech, would make mince meat out of the Joes. We had planes that tranform and we almost never miss because of our targeting computers. Even some of our main charactors were killed. And poor little Min-mai would make a perfect love slave. [:D]  
View Quote

Well, at least the Joes could probably hit the Zentradi, although I doubt their weapons would have done much damage. The SDF-1's reflex cannon could have really ruined Cobra's day.

If you haven't seen it, do a search for 'Macross' on ebay and get the Macross movie. Minmei finally gets what has been comming to her near the end. The animation is incredible, especially in one part where 3 Valkries are skimming the ocean and throwing a good size plume of water behind them.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
1) I can't get cable :(
2) I'm sure I could find all sorts of crap wrong w/ GI Joe
3) I do, however, have fond memories of GI Joe (not those kind of memories you perverts!)

That being said, I went to bat for you on this one. If I could watch GI Joe, I probably would.

On a somewhat related (in an 80s cartoon w/guns way) note, they have started producing DVD sets of the original transformers episodes (though pretty darn pricey). woohoo
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]
You know what?
I really don't give a crap about G.I. Joe.
I'm just here to keep busy while I ignore another "Ignore my Rant" thread.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Transformers would stomp Robotech!
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Transformers would stomp Robotech!
View Quote

No, they wouldn't!!! Robotech has Minmai. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#14]
The smurfs could take em all on.
[blue]BLUE POWER[/BLUE]

ohh and id rather hit lady J.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#15]
"...and knowing is half the battle."

Man, I hated that cartoon.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Robotech was cool, but Star Blazers was way better!
The Joes were ok - I'll click yer link.

"Learning is half the battle - Go Joe!"
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://web.inter.nl.net/users/H.M.F.J.de.Wijs/schlumpfine.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude, Rainbow Brite could so take the Smurfs.

[>:/]I've been spending way too much time with my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dude, Rainbow Brite could so take the Smurfs.

[>:/]I've been spending way too much time with my girlfriend.
View Quote

rainbow brite? doesn't she work for Rev. Jessie Jackson?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#20]
When i watch it with my sister i always rooted for Murkey.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm sorry, but the Gummi Bears would make all your Joes, Smurfs, Transformers, and Robotechs dead sooooooo fast.  Shit, the freakin' Care Bears could kick the shit out of the Joes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#22]
From [url]www.Skippyslist.com[/url]
52. Not allowed to yell 'Take that Cobra' at the rifle range.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/gen/help/index.html[/url]
View Quote

Link thermostat activated.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but the Gummi Bears would make all your Joes, Smurfs, Transformers, and Robotechs dead sooooooo fast.  Shit, the freakin' Care Bears could kick the shit out of the Joes.
View Quote

Watch it guys, he's right.  Grumpy Bear can be a real mother!  And if you throw Sleepy Bear into the mix, well you're looking at the apocalypse! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Feedback sent. But I may not be much help. I noticed I spelled "not" nto about one-tenth of a second after I hit "Submit".....

I liked Marvel's GI Joe comics better. Actual death and shit in the comics. (I loved the premiere issue, IIRC, when the one guy wasted the Cobra guards with the remote controlled twin .50 turret on the Jeep while being held prisoner, cause he pocketed the remote.....)

Scott

EDIT: Misspelled "feedback" in my post about misspelling "not" in my feedback. I type with both index fingers, and when I go too fast, I flip letters.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyway......

I just checked out the program list for the Cartoon Network at 12:30 am January 2nd and GI JOE IS THERE!!***

THUNDERCATS HO!!

***just like in the opening sequence music!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I type with both index fingers, and when I go too fast, I flip letters.....
View Quote

That is why you will never catch up with ETH! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I sent feedback. Also requested they show some Transformers (not this Armada crap) and GoBots...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top