Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 1:10:04 PM EDT
Does anybody know if we are still allowed to ship/receive pre-ban configured GI JOE and/or Ultimate Soldier Weapons??  I have several of these which I purchased AFTER the ban-the CAR's even have adjustable stocks, and the Ultimate Soldier AK Weapons Set has a Krink and a 74 with folding stocks!!!  And, the mags detach!!!!
Also, I think the M-9 pistol has a 15 round mag Oh-also, one of the GI JOE's I bought FOR MY SON has an M-9 Bayonet that attaches to an M-4-legal or not???  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh-and one more thing-do you guys think the newer GI JOE weapons are more reliable than the Vietnam-era AR's???  Did Hasbro chrome-line the bores??  I cannot tell from looking at the end of the plastic barrel??  Also, none of my GI JOE or Ultimate Soldier rifle Mags has green followers!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
BAN G.I.Joe.....for the children[8D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BAN G.I.Joe.....for the children[8D]
View Quote

I agree, I was a GI Joe kid and look at me now![(:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I'm pretty sure that if you go to the B.T.A.T.F (Bureau of Toy Alcohol, Toy Tobacco and Toy Firearms) by the end of September and register all pre-ban GI Joe and Ultimate soldier weapons that they will give them grandfather status.  But you will have to give them the serial numbers which you will have to use a microscope to read off the plastic guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top