Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/3/2009 5:24:20 PM EDT
As I venture out of the Outdoors and Arizona Hometown Forums, and into the wasteland that is GD, I hope I am not posting a dupe - couldn't find anything about it in 'Search' . . . .

Oh yeah, and Fuck You Liberals! Move to Afghanistan, where thay are dying to hear your sob-story . . . .

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2307064/posts

G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie
Federal Review ^ | 08/03/09
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 7:20:57 AM by Behind Liberal Lines

LOS ANGELES––The director of the new movie "G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra" thinks President Obama is "a Real American hero," but apparently wants Republicans to stay home.....

When it comes to selling "G.I. Joe" outside the U.S., the message is "this is not a George Bush movie –– it's an Obama world," director Stephen Sommers said. "Right from the writing stage we said to ourselves, this can't be about beefy guys on steroids who all met each other in the Vietnam War, but an elite organization that's made up of the best of the best from around the world."

Sommers, the director of such genre films as "the Mummy Returns" and "Van Helsing," is hoping that the film will appeal to international markets, where action films "often earn 60% or more of their ticket sales [but] rah-rah American sentiment doesn't play well,"....

As a result, overseas advertising is playing up scenes from other countries and downplaying anything that could be seen as American patriotism.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Will be watching it via rapidshare.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that's sure fucked...
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Something like this.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought GI-Joe was an AMERICAN Hero.

Fuck the director of this movie, i'm not going to pay money to see it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, someone should remind the director what GI Joe was all about. What a liberal tool.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't someone, somewhere own the rights to GI Joe?

Fucking with GI Joe should be illegal.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree this is liberal horseshit but the reality is probably that the movie wouldn't have been made if they couldn't count on the foreign revenue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that we all really to spread this around. Send it to everyone that you know. Fuck this shit - we need to take a stand.

Thanks for crapping on my childhood hero, you liberal pantywaists.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow, someone should remind the director what GI Joe was all about. What a liberal tool.

The origional hero GI Joe represented was a Marine who won the CMH on Guadacanal using M1917s to stop the Japanese from over running his men.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Well.....i guess i shouldn't be eager to see the red dawn remake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The cast is pure shit anyway and it's fairly obvious it's going to be another CGI fuck fest.

Marlan Wayans as Ripcord?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like GI "Ho" to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#13]
No money from me
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The cast is pure shit anyway and it's fairly obvious it's going to be another CGI fuck fest.

This, the trailers look terrible.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
WTF.  The previews didn't look that great, but I WAS going to check it out anyway.  Did I capitalize "was" big enough?

Somebody help me out.  I wouldn't want anyone to miss it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think that we all really to spread this around. Send it to everyone that you know. Fuck this shit - we need to take a stand.

Thanks for crapping on my childhood hero, you liberal pantywaists.

The movie looks stupid anyway. too much sci fi, not much that looks like an American soldier or marine.

Well, at least there is still Team America.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree this is liberal horseshit but the reality is probably that the movie wouldn't have been made if they couldn't count on the foreign revenue.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Doesn't someone, somewhere own the rights to GI Joe?

Fucking with GI Joe should be illegal.

This.....

Hollywood, STOP raping my childhood. Also STOP revising classics to make them a better fit for the world of political correctness..

Fuckheads will see no money from me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Marlon Wayans in an action movie.  Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#20]
The previews make it look like ass, wasn't going to see it anyway. What a fucking shame, GI Joe was my favorite toy, along with micro machines

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck the director with a cobra fang.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No money from me

Same here, but it's been that way for me since '06. (Clerks II) Keep it up, hollywood!

When the director comes out and says "this is an obama world," that's when any AR15.com member with a shread of common sense should turn their back on this garbage.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll probably download it.  I don't generally go to see movies in the theaters unless its something big, like watchmen, or terminator.. or star wars (RIP).

Y'know what would be cool though?  A robocop remake.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#24]
From this.....

FUCKING AWESOME!  

To this...

WHAT THE FUCK GAY SHIT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!  

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#25]
torrents will work well for them
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#26]
It's funny they have a little white kid that looks like a vegan playing the black Ranger GI Joe and Marlan Wayans playing the white Paratrooper GI Joe. Complete libtard suck fest.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I might see it, but I sure as shit won't be paying for it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No money from me

this.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#29]
What's up with these super nerd movie geniuses?

No original shit, just remakes.

Wouldn't surprise me if they start remaking remakes.

What a bunch of BS.

I hate those fuckers.

Won't get a dime from me, or my family.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No money from me

same
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Bit-Torrent it is then.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#32]

White.  Thats real tactical right there.  And look at that tactical belt buckle and those tactical high heels.  

What the FUCK?

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I'm going to stay home and watch "Nick Penis and the Brass Ball Battalion" liberate a concentration camp and fuck all the She-Nazi guards while they're at it.

America. FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

LOL

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Rusted Ace is gonna go Stormshadow on that fucking director
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Looks like a very bad video game to me.

GI Joe, GI Joe, fighting man from head to toe, on the land on the sea in the air

AB
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

White.  Thats real tactical right there.  And look at that tactical belt buckle and those tactical high heels.  

What the FUCK?

well those 2 aspects are at least true to the original characters...Storm Shadow wore white and the Baroness had heels
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I was already going to be rooting for Cobra, but fuck that shit entirely. I'll catch it in the used and abused dvd bin at blockbuster if I'm desperate for something to watch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the heads up Rizzo, I definitely wont be watching it now! At least I wont be paying money for it anyway!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Good. One more reason to hold onto my own money (at least while it still mine)!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the FUCK?

well those 2 aspects are at least true to the original characters...Storm Shadow wore white and the Baroness had heels

Yes but Storm Shadow never looked like a walking sperm cell and the Baroness didn't look like a reject from a Madonna Concert.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
As I venture out of the Outdoors and Arizona Hometown Forums, and into the wasteland that is GD, I hope I am not posting a dupe - couldn't find anything about it in 'Search' . . . .

Oh yeah, and Fuck You Liberals! Move to Afghanistan, where thay are dying to hear your sob-story . . . .

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2307064/posts

G.I. Joe Director: This is Not a George Bush Movie
Federal Review ^ | 08/03/09
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 7:20:57 AM by Behind Liberal Lines

LOS ANGELES––The director of the new movie "G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra" thinks President Obama is "a Real American hero," but apparently wants Republicans to stay home.....

When it comes to selling "G.I. Joe" outside the U.S., the message is "this is not a George Bush movie –– it's an Obama world," director Stephen Sommers said. "Right from the writing stage we said to ourselves, this can't be about beefy guys on steroids who all met each other in the Vietnam War, but an elite organization that's made up of the best of the best from around the world."

Sommers, the director of such genre films as "the Mummy Returns" and "Van Helsing," is hoping that the film will appeal to international markets, where action films "often earn 60% or more of their ticket sales [but] rah-rah American sentiment doesn't play well,"....

As a result, overseas advertising is playing up scenes from other countries and downplaying anything that could be seen as American patriotism.

Last I checked, neither were president when the original series ran on TV everyday. What the fuck gives this moron the right to try and introduce politics into a remake of a cartoon from the 80s?

I had a thread about a week or so ago about how disappointed I was in the trailers and that the movie reeked of the typical Hollywood bullshit where the plot is secondary to shit blowing up and the acting is horrible. The costumes are laughable and the only reason this will make ANY money is because it says GI Joe. This is going to be just as pathetic as the Transformers movies whereas this would have had an even greater potential for a movie 'series' given the unlimited things you could have GI Joe/COBRA doing as well as the 100s of characters that would have been available to introduce.

Fucking goddamn garbage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The previews make it look like ass, wasn't going to see it anyway. What a fucking shame, GI Joe was my favorite toy, along with micro machines

I agree, it looked like a lot of CGI, but i was planning to give it a go because i really loved GI Joe as a kid. Not anymore, what happened to it being "Real AMERICAN Heroes"?

Fucking liberal pussies fucking up my favorite goddam childhood cartoon and turning it into a O-blowjob. Jesus H. Christ in a fucking chicken basket.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From this.....

What the FUCK?

You don't remember your childhood do you?

Baroness: http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/baroness.shtml

Storm Shadow: http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/stormshadow.shtml

I say that they go those two pretty spot on..

However..

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/55/ripcord.jpg

is not equal to

http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/ripcord.shtml

However, Conner Trinneer would work better.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, if the director of this movie can downplay American patriotism, then I can downplay his movies like a motherfucker.

Liberals the world over can line up and suck my asshole after a week of cheap beer and crawfish.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#47]
what a douche
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck that shit.

Whatever he made it wasn't a GI Joe movie.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I hate to tell ya folks, but GI Joe has been bastardized for a long time.

This is just the final straw.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck that shit.

Whatever he made it wasn't a GI Joe movie.

This
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top