Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 8:31:10 PM EDT
Seriously,

These 2 damn cats have been throwing up twice a day for the last few days.  Food, litter, etc... everything is the same.

She knows I hate the bastards but I do go out of my way to act like I care.  They could dance a new jig and call me daddy and I still want to do away with them.

Do these creatures get diseases?  What could cause this?  

Other than throwing up they act extremely normal and annoying.

I know this is GD and I expect to get ass raped but if I get 1 honest response the gf will think i'm awesome.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
hairballs?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
hairballs?

she has given them "hairball" medicine, some goop you stuff down there throat..... no success.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hairballs?

I think he said in a thread he shaves them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't know, but you could always just cook them. I hear Lemon Kitty is good.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything coming out of the other end?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know, but you could always just cook them. I hear Lemon Kitty is good.

don't give me ideas... i'm staring at one now.   the only thing stopping me is 4chan.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

nothing unusual..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
If both of my cats where doing that at the same time, they both would take a trip to the vet ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

nothing unusual..

Are you sure?  Check their bungholes frequently.  If you see a white slimy little string, then they have tapeworms.  If the tapeworms grow large enough, they can barf them up.  The worms will fall out of their asses and turn hard, resembling a piece of rice.

They are easily rid of by pill (from the vet) or by flea medicine which is placed on the back of their neck.  Eventually, they lick enough of this medicine that it gets into their system and kills the tapeworms.  It's a common problem and if they ingest just one flea with tapeworms, then they get them too.

My cat gets them because she can't seem to stop eating mice.  The medication is effective and works very fast.  We're talking a day or two and no more worms.

P.S.  Don't fuck around with over-the-counter crap.  Go to the vet and get the good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nothing unusual..

Are you sure?  Check their bungholes frequently.  If you see a white slimy little string, then they have tapeworms.  If the tapeworms grow large enough, they can barf them up.  The worms will fall out of their asses and turn hard, resembling a piece of rice.

They are easily rid of by pill (from the vet) or by flea medicine which is placed on the back of their neck.  Eventually, they lick enough of this medicine that it gets into their system and kills the tapeworms.  It's a common problem and if they ingest just one flea with tapeworms, then they get them too.

My cat gets them because she can't seem to stop eating mice.  The medication is effective and works very fast.  We're talking a day or two and no more worms.

P.S.  Don't fuck around with over-the-counter crap.  Go to the vet and get the good stuff.

thank you... will investigate.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Rule # 1:  All cats are sick.  Usually it's a mental disease such as malignant narcissism or meglomania.  Remember, you are not an "owner," you are staff...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#14]
You can starve a cat to empty in 24 hours. I had a barfy cat and I just gave him that as a reboot on his system every so often. Usually worked for a few months.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can starve a cat to empty in 24 hours. I had a barfy cat and I just gave him that as a reboot on his system every so often. Usually worked for a few months.

Edit- I understand now...

I hate cats with a passion and never dealt with them before.  Except barn cats

Edit- and not the "semi nice" barn cats
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
vet asap.

my little monster barfs hairballs, but it's not more than once every month or so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top