Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:59:07 PM EDT
Here is the situation, this is my 5 year anniversary with my company, so therefore they send me a $200 gift card from Tiffany's (honestly I would make better use with a gift card from Target), but anyways use it to buy myself something. When I tell her about it, she gets REALLY mad that I didn't use it to buy her a necklace instead with it. She keeps repeating that I just don't get it...I told her she is being selfish and irrational. I get her plenty of very nice things, jewelry and etc...

Am I being unreasonable here or is it time to end this? Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:24 PM EDT
You earned it. If you found something you want then tuff cookies for her, and tell her to kiss your ass....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:47 PM EDT
Sounds like you have a real rational thinker on your hands.

Tell her to bust ovaries at her job and she might get a gift card from her employer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:52 PM EDT

time to kick her to the....

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:00:52 PM EDT
She wanted one of those blue tiffany's boxes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:01:18 PM EDT
..me..me...me..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
Selfish
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:03:49 PM EDT
Its not too late to get her a Pearl Necklace.....really don't cost that much
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:04:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:
You earned it. If you found something you want then tuff cookies for her, and tell her to kiss your ass....

I was really caught off guard by it, plus we are suppose to go on a company awards cruise on Celebrity Cruise Lines for myself being top 1% in sales, now I am having second thoughts and visions of her tossing my ass overboard This sucks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:04:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:05:18 PM EDT
Dude.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:05:58 PM EDT
LOL, should have bought her a mens watch or cuff links and tell her if she didnt like them then you'd take them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By armoredsaint:

I was really caught off guard by it, plus we are suppose to go on a company awards cruise on Celebrity Cruise Lines for myself being top 1% in sales, now I am having second thoughts and visions of her tossing my ass overboard This sucks.

better to know now than 5 years in to a marrage.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:35 PM EDT
Tell her to grow up,the world is not here to please her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:
She wanted one of those blue tiffany's boxes.

yeah tell me about it...she did buy me a very expensive pen from Tiffany's for Christmas and just 30 days ago we where in NYC at Tiffanys looking at engagement rings.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:52 PM EDT
What can you get at Tiffany's for $200 anyways....cuff links?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:58 PM EDT
So what didya get?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:08 PM EDT

Goin to Aruba?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
Gee, I wonder what she'll be like when she REALLY gets upset with you. You know, after you get married and she's not worried about impressing you anymore.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:45 PM EDT
I justwant t know what the hell you found that you wanted
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:08:09 PM EDT
Of course she thinks you should have bought HER something. It's all about her, her, her!

Boot, curb.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:08:56 PM EDT
YOUR company gave YOU a GIFT card for YOUR work. For her to even entertain the idea that SHE is somehow entitled to it is absurd.

You have a problem on your hands and "it's" not the gift card. Whether or not "it" becomes a bigger problem in the future is up to you.

If my wife gets something from work as a thank you, I do not feel entitled to it. It was a thank you from her company and she should enjoy what her company gave her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:
So what didya get?

there was honestly nothing at Tiffany's that I wanted, it's basically all uselss expensice crap/stuff...i ended up getting a $175 Sterling Silver Paper Weight, yes I will never use it, but everything they have I do not like. I wish it was gift card from Homey D or Lowes, I need a gas trimmer damn it
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:28 PM EDT
You are only seeing a small piece of what you would be in for if you married her. You have been warned, don't come back here crying about how bad marriage is because there are a lot of women out there that are NOT like that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:10:52 PM EDT
Women want ANYTHING from Tiffany's just so they can tell their friends "It's from Tiffany's".
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:12:41 PM EDT
IIWY I would be concerned, at the very least think about something major and how she will react then
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:13:04 PM EDT
good-bye
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:13:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
YOUR company gave YOU a GIFT card for YOUR work. For her to even entertain the idea that SHE is somehow entitled to it is absurd.

You have a problem on your hands and "it's" not the gift card. Whether or not "it" becomes a bigger problem in the future is up to you.

If my wife gets something from work as a thank you, I do not feel entitled to it. It was a thank you from her company and she should enjoy what her company gave her.

Exactly and thank you...she will not admit to her being wrong, the scary part is that 90% of the time she is the sweetest and most thoughtful women on earth, it's the 10% that might end this relationship.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 7:14:44 PM EDT by FieroLoki]
Sit her down and talk to her. Make sure she understands, its from your work and you earned it. The same should happen if it happened to her. If she cant have a civil conversation about it, then that tells you more about her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:14:50 PM EDT
Run motherfucker !!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:15:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fike:
Women want ANYTHING from Tiffany's just so they can tell their friends "It's from Tiffany's".

you hit the nail on the head, she want's the "lucida" cut diamond ring that is exclusive only to Tiffany's and that is $40k!!! holy shiet, i can afford it easily, but holy shiet!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:16:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:16:43 PM EDT

you hit the nail on the head, she want's the "lucida" cut diamond ring that is exclusive only to Tiffany's and that is $40k!!! holy shiet, i can afford it easily, but holy shiet!

Maybe you are perfect for each other...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:17:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DigDug:

no way, money is not happiness, it only pays the bills.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:19:15 PM EDT
Your biggest mistake was telling her that you got a Tiffany's card.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DigDug:

no way, money is not happiness, it only pays the bills.

Affording a $40K diamond "easily" is something completely different than reality....

Even if I could afford one, it would be from my cold dead hands....
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greywolf2112:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/grey2112/FunnyPics.jpg

A little "pimpology" could go a long way
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT

Sit her down and talk to her. Make sure she understands, its from your work and you earned it. The same should happen if it happened to her. If she cant have a civil conversation about it, then that tells you more about her.

I tried and tried my friend, we never raised our voice, but I was just shaking my head in disbelief. This just might be the deal breaker and she loves guns too...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
Just browsed there web site, forgot what a waste of money.

To bad its to late to tell her you sold the card for a $100.00 cash to a coworker. So he could buy his wife something nice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:23:45 PM EDT

My wife was happy with a $100 ring and a small wedding we paid for ourselves. 11 years later [almost] she is still the best thing that happened to me.

First wife on the other hand..........................$$$$$$$$, NO nookie was worth THAT much.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
Your biggest mistake was telling her that you got a Tiffany's card.

devious too?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drjarhead:
Of course she thinks you should have bought HER something. It's all about her, her, her!

Boot, curb.

Normally I'd agree 100% with you, but this is Tiffany's. How often do most girls have a chance to receive a gift from Tiffany's?

If you guys think this gift card thing is bad, you should have been around 45 years ago when Breakfast at Tiffany's came-out.z
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:25:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:
Just browsed there web site, forgot what a waste of money.

To bad its to late to tell her you sold the card for a $100.00 cash to a coworker. So he could buy his wife something nice.

what pisses me off is that we both brought stuff from there for much more than $200 and she does very well on her job too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:27:53 PM EDT

My wife was happy with a $100 ring and a small wedding we paid for ourselves. 11 years later [almost] she is still the best thing that happened to me.

First wife on the other hand..........................$$$$$$$$, NO nookie was worth THAT much.

you are a very fortunate and lucky man, too bad we all don't have people like that sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:29:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

Boot, curb.

Normally I'd agree 100% with you, but this is Tiffany's. How often do most girls have a chance to receive a gift from Tiffany's?

If you guys think this gift card thing is bad, you should have been around 45 years ago when Breakfast at Tiffany's came-out.z

Breakfast at Tiffany's 45 years ago? Were they eating pterodactyl eggs and brontoBacon?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:30:15 PM EDT

I tried and tried my friend, we never raised our voice, but I was just shaking my head in disbelief. This just might be the deal breaker and she loves guns too...

Well, if she is pissy cause YOU spent money that YOU earned on YOURSELF, and she cant get it through her head or even care about it, then damn....

If this IS the deal breaker, make sure she is gone before the cruise so you can get some hot young thang to go with ya.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 7:36:41 PM EDT by fxntime]

you are a very fortunate and lucky man, too bad we all don't have people like that sometimes.

My reward for having to be married to the first one.
Oh, she does all the fish cleaning, helps me gut deer, and still makes the 20 something woman wish they had a bod as good. [Lord knows what she saw in me...................]
Her stock answer if I find a gun I "need" is "buy it"!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:35:17 PM EDT
go to Victoria's Secret and buy her some nice sexy lingere. I'm sure she will be thrilled!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:36:31 PM EDT
Dump her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:43:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:
Dump her.

that is what i love about arfcom, tough love
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top