Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 12:09:11 PM EDT
Alright GD, the non elk eating GF has left town for a wedding. I have about 4 pounds of backstrap and steak chunks from last fall's elk and the weather is supposed to suck tomorrow. I need to drink tasty beers and make a stew or chili tomorrow. Anybody have any recipe suggestions? The crock pot is ready to go.

Update #1- Marinating elk overnight in in ground pepper, fresh garlic, worchestire sauce and beer. Since this is arfcom, I thought it would be appropriate to have my trusty Ruger GP100 and HKS stoked with Remingotn 125 gr .357 hollowpoints present as well.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:15:48 PM EDT
i never really used a recipe.  
I just cut up an onion a bunch of celer a couple tomatos a bunch of chopped potatos  and chopped carrots and dump in a bunch of salt and pepper and a couple smashed up garlic cloves. Then I go to the butcher and get some fat if they have it.  If I can't find any pig or beef fat to throw in I just toss in half a package of chopped up bacon.  
fill with water to about an inch above the veggies and  meat in the crock pot, throw in two cups of flour to give it some thickness and stir it all up then toss two bay leaves on top and let cook for about 8-10 hours on low.a couple times i threw some yellow squash in there too sliced thick and that came out pretty good.  

ETA. forgot a couple small splashes of worchesthcehrehshshsshire sauce (don't know how to spell or say that shit.)

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:27:25 PM EDT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top