Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2002 11:38:09 PM EDT
Am I the only one who's pissed at all the NRA stuff that's made in China? Damn near everything they sell in the NRA store is made there.

What's the use for NAFTA if it won't shift our buying from China?

I have no illusions about Wally World doing China shit but the N-freaking-RA?

I have asked more than one NRA rep about this & I basically get NO response. Big surprise.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
They send me a bunch of trinkets as part of my Golden Eagles membership. Everything I have received, other than one hat, was made in China. It's almost an insult.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats the big deal?  I heard those kids in china make an excellent product. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, at our annual Friends of the NRA Dinner, the area representitive emphasized the importance of us removing all the damn 'Made in China' stickers before putting the various articles on the tables, he commented on how upset people were getting - disgusting!
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It's about profit. Would you buy the items if they cost 50% more? Because that's what the NRA would have to charge to bring you "Made in USA" products and still make the same profit.

It is sad that you can buy products made and shipped from the other side of the world for less money than items made 500 miles away.

Write the NRA a letter and tell them that you will not buy any of their products made in China. Make sure you CC WayneLa.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, the NRA needs to support its Chinese members too!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's about profit. Would you buy the items if they cost 50% more? Because that's what the NRA would have to charge to bring you "Made in USA" products and still make the same profit.

View Quote

You've misunderstood. I'm not saying "made in the USA", I'm saying NOT "made in China". Hell, make them in Mexico, where ever. Why should the NRA be buying items from China when they shoot our planes down?
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What's the use for NAFTA if it won't shift our buying from China?

View Quote

Thank GATT for that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Mexico cannot compete with China.  No one can, except maybe India but they need a lot of infrastructure improvements first.  China also sets the value of their currency--the official value is undervalued so their good appear cheap.  If that artificial value is ever breached they will have massive internal problems.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mexico cannot compete with China.  
View Quote

That's kinda surprising.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Actaully up until a few years ago, most of the trinkets that was given away was made in the USA. But I guess in the pass few years that has turned around. I remember getting belt buckles, hats, knives and they were all stamp "USA." Boy times have sure changed!
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's kinda surprising.
View Quote

As Third World countries go, Mexico is "rich".  Before too many more years they will be considered a high income country (I think they are a middle income country now).  Check out [url]www.worldbank.org[/url] for data tables.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top