Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2004 1:18:15 PM EDT
When you pay someone for something, and they tell you that it's guaranteed, and then you don't get what you pay for, shouldn't you be compensated in some way?

I had an order that was in two boxes, shipped 2nd Day Air via UPS from San Diego to Ohio. Cost me $88 and change for 2nd Day Air.

One package was delivered, and shows on UPS.com with my tracking number. The second package still shows "In Transit" but the truck has already come and gone from my area for the day.

Now.... I called the 800 # and the rube who answers tells me that it's guaranteed. Well, no shit. I wouldn't have paid extra if it wasn't.

No package. Two hours to go until 2 Day becomes 3 Day (UPS considers 7pm the end of day).

I am going to light someone up over this.

The last time a public company fucked with me, I bought the minimum number of shares that I could so I could attend the shareholder's meeting. Then I attended the annual meeting and read my statement on the floor with everyone's names included in the incident. That's another story though... right now I just want my fucking package or my money back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
MEMO TO SELF:

TO : SELF
RE: Changes in policy.

Dear Self,
Don't Fuck with BenDover.
That is all.
-Self
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
MEMO TO SELF:

Dear Self,
That is all.
-Self

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Our UPS guy throws our stuff over the fence or leaves it in the driveway.  Lazy ass.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]

GDMFing !@#$%*&^% UPS!!!!!

Please add to memo and title it "Shit I already know".

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just be happy you don't live in AK.  2nd Day Air means 4,5,6 Day Air
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The last time a public company fucked with me, I bought the minimum number of shares that I could so I could attend the shareholder's meeting. Then I attended the annual meeting and read my statement on the floor with everyone's names included in the incident. That's another story though... right now I just want my fucking package or my money back.

shit dude, thats a good idea
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
huh . . . I mostly use FedEx 2nd day Air.  From Louisiana it usually makes it in 1 day.  From NM it usually takes two . . . The UPS idiot was leaving my packages at the store next to my jewelry store . . . with no thought that it might be detrimental to his future employment to leave $10,000 in diamonds with someone not allowed to sign for my packages.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately I didn't have a choice in the shipping provider because the vendor only uses UPS.

The other public company was Fed Ex incidently. Another shipping disaster.

This time, they wouldn't allow me to pick up my order at the local depot when they attempted to deliver it to the wrong address and it was refused. They had no provision to change to the correct address in the system (not my fault) and their depot had no provision for walk-in customer service.

After being refused a third time, the package was returned to the vendor (who originally entered in the correct shipping address). I was charged a restocking fee from the vendor, and all sorts of bank charges to reverse the transactions.

I went fucking ballistic.

I told the board of directors the story, everyone's name involved, and that if Fed Ex ever refused to release my packages to me again because they had 'no provision in the system to allow for a walk-in pickup', that I would file a grand larceny report with the police against the regional VP.

I got refunded all of my money for the incident, they reimbursed my trip to the shareholder's meeting, and I got a bunch of Fed Ex crap that was made in China.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]

FUNNY ENOUGH, I found the Employement application of his driver.

NAME: ___________________
ADDRESS: ________________

ARE YOU BREATHING (check one) [] Yes  [] No

If Yes, you are hired! Congratulations.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to get a refund, I think.

I once got a refund from the U.S. post office, because with express mail it was guaranteed to be there next business day before 10:00 AM or something like that.  I had an electronic tracking number, and the next day it showed up as delivered at 1:00 PM.  I printed out the delivery confirmation (with the time) and went down to the post office and demanded my money back.  They tried at first to suggest that maybe there hadn't been someone there to receive it at first, and perhaps they had needed to re-deliver it, and that was why it was late - but when I told them it was a big publishing company on 5th avenue, which obviously would have a front desk and mailroom and be open during business hours, they agreed to refund my money

Good luck !
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
UPS has gone to the dogs

I use to respect them

they are shit now.

I have a next day shipment -- that has been sitting in Las Vegas for the last five days.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me guess. Collapseable stock? LEO mags? Flash hider?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let me guess. Collapseable stock? LEO mags? Flash hider?

Why would an Arfcommer be pissed about anything else?  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Lately I've been having alot of trouble with FedEx Home Delivery. Sent my PM9 back to Kahr under recall. They did the work and sent it back. Apparently the tard just flagged down somebody walking around my apartment and handed the package to him. Any guesses on whether I got the package?

The best part is when I  tried to get online signature confirmation:

WTF is that? This has been my headache for the last three weeks - trying to get a new barrel for my main carry gun and to get FedEx to admit they screwed up. FEDEX SUCKS!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
When you track it, at the screen that shows in transit click on detail and see exactly where it is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I order a scope from SWFA and it came a day earlier then the so called due date
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&gl=us

Depite our efforts UPS doesn't run the FAA.

Maintenance Failure Blamed for Tuesday's Flight Delays

CBS5.com Staff

The FAA says its failure to do routine maintenance caused the shutdown of a critical air traffic communications system that delayed dozens of flights in the Bay Area.

The high-altitude radio outage grounded all flights in and out of Southern California for three hours Tuesday night. Air traffic controllers could see flights on the radar, but could not communicate with them.

A union representing controllers said at least six planes flew dangerously close to each other. In one instance, the union president says two planes nearly collided.

The FAA said Wednesday that workers failed to perform a regular 30-day maintenance check on the radio system. Officials said if the system is not checked, it turns off automatically.

» 09-15-2004    
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
engineer...fedex delivered your bbl. to me.

Yeah right - I know how much you like plastic guns...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Lately I've been having alot of trouble with FedEx Home Delivery. Sent my PM9 back to Kahr under recall. They did the work and sent it back. Apparently the tard just flagged down somebody walking around my apartment and handed the package to him. Any guesses on whether I got the package?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/gunfanatic/Guns/signature.png

WTF is that? This has been my headache for the last three weeks - trying to get a new barrel for my main carry gun and to get FedEx to admit they screwed up. FEDEX SUCKS!

HAHAHA looks like bewbies.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My Fed-Ex EXPRESS driver, from OKC, is friggen robot, by the book, will not budge an inch, PERIOD. We had a little round the other day when he dropped of my 1903A3 from the CMP, I am still tyring to figure out who won, neither one of us budged, and he allmost would not relaese my rifle to me.

The first words out of his mouth were, I know this is some kind of gun..... things went down hill from there...

My UPS driver is cool, got no problems with him.....

My Fed-Ex GROUND driver is cool also.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
All your deliveries are belong to us.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

HAHAHA looks like bewbies.

Well, at least he didn't draw the finger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Ever hear of karma?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Did I mention that they lost my upper?

I changed my mind about the M4 configuration, so I returned it to model 1 sales on roughly 8/21...they dropped it off roughly 8/27.....model 1 sales says that 1) the guy who signed for it doesn't work there, and 2) it supposedly was delivered to a dock; they don't HAVE a dock.

anyway, that was 8/27, now its 9/15, I don't have my money back, nor a credit, nor an upper.......and M1S has went up on their prices in the last few days.

Over a week ago, UPS started a trace. TODAY, they called me to get MY story, before they called M1S.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Over a week ago, UPS started a trace. TODAY, they called me to get MY story, before they called M1S.

Hmmmmm, shall I tell the story of the L.A.R. upper receiver that UPS lost and is running a trace on right now?

I swear somebody must have stolen enough gun parts from me to put together quite a collection by now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Did I mention that they lost my upper?

I changed my mind about the M4 configuration, so I returned it to model 1 sales on roughly 8/21...they dropped it off roughly 8/27.....model 1 sales says that 1) the guy who signed for it doesn't work there, and 2) it supposedly was delivered to a dock; they don't HAVE a dock.

anyway, that was 8/27, now its 9/15, I don't have my money back, nor a credit, nor an upper.......and M1S has went up on their prices in the last few days.

Isn't that way you insure your shipment?  I'd get a written statment from M1S that they never recieved the shipment and turn it in to UPS, file a claim, make them pay for it. I always over insure my shipments just in case the price goes up. Either way ya' need to go get em' pard. Make UPS pay for their mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
MEMO TO SELF:

Dear Self,
That is all.
-Self

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
All your deliveries are belong to us.

Move freight to different shipper, for great justice.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#30]
BAWAHAHAHAHAHA... the stewnad driver accidently didn't take it off the truck. When he drove back to the depot from my town, the supervisor made him turn around and deliver it back to me. 45 minute drive....

He was an ass, but I got my stuff at 7:30 est. Half an hour late, but well.... I got my stuff.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Holy crap! Are you saying they gave your pistol to somebody in your apartment complex? WTF?! That's got to be criminal negligence right there. That driver should be outright fired.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#32]
my ups guy left a handgun from taurus, back from repair, at the bottom of my steps on the ground

15 feet from the alley way where hundreds of cars a day pass by
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Holy crap! Are you saying they gave your pistol to somebody in your apartment complex? WTF?! That's got to be criminal negligence right there. That driver should be outright fired.

Alien, after re-reading my post, I should have clarified that it was the barrel and not the whole gun. I think I was still bitter at FedEx and seeing red while writing my post and left out that detail. Yup, it was only the barrel that needed recall work - but it puts my whole gun out of commission.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I should have mentioned that I insured my upper for more than it costs, which is good, because if they don't find it (heck, even if they do) somehow I'm gonna have to explain to UPS that M1S has jacked their prices up this week..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#35]
DHL is getting packages to Baghdad International Airport in three days.
FWIW
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
DHL is getting packages to Baghdad International Airport in three days.
FWIW

Not to be negative but DHL is owned by the German Gov't.  UPS and FEDEX sued to keep them out of the U.S. but lost.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
UPS color is Brown because SHIT is brown.

SG
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I dont like ups you get a package through them and it looks like they threw it off a roof and went to work on it with a bat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
M1S has jacked their prices up this week..

What have they raised their prices on, or have they just not updated their webpage?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
UPS color is Brown because SHIT is brown.

SG

Settle down Beavis!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#41]
So far I've been lucky with my BBT driver.  Last drop off he said 'Hey, I got your watch for ya!' as he handed me the 30# box from Ammoman.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Alien, after re-reading my post, I should have clarified that it was the barrel and not the whole gun. I think I was still bitter at FedEx and seeing red while writing my post and left out that detail. Yup, it was only the barrel that needed recall work - but it puts my whole gun out of commission.

Glad to hear it wasn't the entire gun. I know you don't have to have things shipped to an FFL if it's from the manufacturer to the customer after warranty repair, so I considered it in the realm of possibility.

Personally, I prefer the US Postal service. They seem to be the quickest and usually cheapest when it comes to shipping. Hell, I ordered an M4 barrel from G&R Tactical last Friday. They shipped it from Virginia via USPS 2-3 day priority mail Saturday and they delivered it to me in Phoenix, AZ early Monday!

UPS pisses me off because they don't consider the first day a shipping day. If you bring it in Monday, it will NOT go out till Tuesday. To top it off, neither UPS nor FedEx consider Saturday/Sunday shipping/transit days. A couple of months ago, I ordered an RAS II and it was shipped via 3 day select via UPS. It got to Phoenix in one day, but did they deliver it that day or the day after? No, they waited till the third day to deliver it despite the UPS man having brought something else the 2nd day!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
UPS has gone to the dogs

I use to respect them

they are shit now.

I have a next day shipment -- that has been sitting in Las Vegas for the last five days.

Dont worry..you will get your " I support Kerry posters or Blow-up dolls" soon enough!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]
That end of day at 7PM is not true, last time they said that I called them at 8 thay said they dont consider it to be end of day until midnight.  I got my package at 930PM
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Fed-Ex EXPRESS driver, from OKC, is friggen robot, by the book, will not budge an inch, PERIOD. We had a little round the other day when he dropped of my 1903A3 from the CMP, I am still tyring to figure out who won, neither one of us budged, and he allmost would not relaese my rifle to me.

The first words out of his mouth were, I know this is some kind of gun..... things went down hill from there...

My UPS driver is cool, got no problems with him.....

My Fed-Ex GROUND driver is cool also.....

I think we need to hear this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curiously, I have NEVER gotten a shipment from UPS on time, and Fedex has NEVER fucked up a shipment.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
BAWAHAHAHAHAHA... the stewnad driver accidently didn't take it off the truck. When he drove back to the depot from my town, the supervisor made him turn around and deliver it back to me. 45 minute drive....

He was an ass, but I got my stuff at 7:30 est. Half an hour late, but well.... I got my stuff.

I had a similiar problem, I called a supervisor and he made the lazy fuck of a driver go back and deliver. The driver was a fuckin' crybaby about it too. The poor picklehead had to actually WORK for his money, the poor bastid... Oh the horror of it all!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I hate UPS. Twice in the past couple months they have rescheduled shipments, and when I called to ask why the shipment has been reschelduled no one would give me a straight answer.

I had one problem with FedEx when I ordered a pair of shoes (cost was about $125). It was shipped overnight and when I checked the tracking number it said it'd been delivered. I checked all over the property and even the neighbors, nothing. I called the bastards and made a huge deal of it, telling them I wanted to file a complaint against the driver, I paid for a service and didn't get it, etc. They started a trace on it and said they'd call me back by Monday (this was on a Friday). I got a call half an hour later asking a few more questions at which time I again let my anger and dissatisfaction known to them. About a half hour after that, the door bell rings and there's the driver with the package. The idiot delivered it to the ajacent street - how the street names were confused I don't know.  

I didn't care too much that I had to call them and make a big deal of it to make sure they'd do something about it, but the point is if you complain enough and keep speaking to people in higher positions you'll get results.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I hate UPS. Twice in the past couple months they have rescheduled shipments, and when I called to ask why the shipment has been reschelduled no one would give me a straight answer.

I had one problem with FedEx when I ordered a pair of shoes (cost was about $125). It was shipped overnight and when I checked the tracking number it said it'd been delivered. I checked all over the property and even the neighbors, nothing. I called the bastards and made a huge deal of it, telling them I wanted to file a complaint against the driver, I paid for a service and didn't get it, etc. They started a trace on it and said they'd call me back by Monday (this was on a Friday). I got a call half an hour later asking a few more questions at which time I again let my anger and dissatisfaction known to them. About a half hour after that, the door bell rings and there's the driver with the package. The idiot delivered it to the ajacent street - how the street names were confused I don't know.  

I had a similar situation happen with UPS they delivered my 10 pounds Beef Jerky to a street that mine was off of, after me getting very pissed they corrected it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#50]
I had a shipment coming last week.  It was scheduled on a day when we had a flood potential.  

I was working the disaster center  and checked the delivery notification during a down time.  It said "delivery exception -  internal audit".   I call, they have to call me back and say that the label was ripped.  I asked them to deliver it to me.  They said they would.  I get a call saying that they could not deliver to my area as the driver had left.  So I ask where he was and they said up the road a bit.  I told them to deliver to another station that was manned for the storm.  I get another call back and they said that the driver did not deliver becuase the station was never manned....  

"I am on the radio with them right now, I know they are there."

The manager gets pissed and gets on the phone and tells me that they cannot deal with my package and that it was going to be left somewhere.... WTF...  He tells me that the roads are flooding and he cannot be sending his driver out looking for me.   Bullshit.  I told him that I was working the EOC, there are no roads flooded in this area, I have been in one place the entire time, the other station was manned, and the driver lied.  

He back peddled a bit and apologized.  

I went and got the package.  The label had been cut with a knife and then part of the address ripped out .  I figured out what happened.  It was poring rain when the driver went by the house and he did not want to get wet.  So he defaced the label to get out of the delivery.

I will be calling UPS to file a complaint.  

By the way, the shipment was rain gear we needed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top