Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 12:05:53 PM EDT
I'm just not sure what to do with my USC45.  I sure do like the look of the UMPized guns but don't want to alter the original.  Hell, I've heard theres only a few thousand of them in the USA.  Seems to me that makes an original a valuable collectors piece.  I'm pretty certain that I can sell it for a few bucks more then I bought it - then I can buy/build an M4gery.  What do you guys think?  

Mine in it's current format.

Oh, the possibilities...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go with the Top Notch conversion kit.

If you have to go high cap get a SBR conversion using REAL HK UMP parts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't the more economical way to go be to sell the HK, and buy a .45 Uzi SBR?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll Give you $3.50
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Man those do make sweet sbr's saw some ump kits for $1200 earlier this week.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Do it right, or don't bother doing it at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Steyr,

inquiring minds would like to know: where/how does one go about getting a UMP parts kit. i haven't researched it much, but i don't ever recall these anywhere i (as a regular joe) could get my hands on.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Most of ya' are going with the "conversion" option.  I'm starting to lean towards the "sell it for gas money" option.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Better hope HK doesn't want you to return it lol...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Steyr,

inquiring minds would like to know: where/how does one go about getting a UMP parts kit. i haven't researched it much, but i don't ever recall these anywhere i (as a regular joe) could get my hands on.

Have to find parts on boards like subguns and sturmgewehr.com
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you think about leaving it as original?  Will it be worth something in the long run or should I dump it and buy a 2nd AR M4gery?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What do you think about leaving it as original?  Will it be worth something in the long run or should I dump it and buy a 2nd AR M4gery?

Like all discontinued HKs it will continue to appreciate. Will be valuable as an original and as a correctly built SBR. Won't be worth shit if you TAPCO the hell out of it with aftermarket crap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
My usc changed my mind forever about having a rifle that firse pistol rounds. Never again,unless it has a happy switch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like all discontinued HKs it will continue to appreciate. Will be valuable as an original and as a correctly built SBR. Won't be worth shit if you TAPCO the hell out of it with aftermarket crap.

I agree.  I think I'll put a couple of rails on it with a cheap point site then continue using it as a range toy.  Maybe when gas prices go down I'll think about the SBR idea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'll Give you $3.50 hr

TREE FIDDY???
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Paging Bomber!!! Paging Bomber!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#18]
you'll be paging me too if the ATF ever moves their fat asses
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm thinking of selling my USC for something more useful, holds more rounds, and shoots a bigger bullet.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of selling my USC for something more useful, holds more rounds, and shoots a bigger bullet.  

Any what would that be
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any what would that be

Another AR!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top