Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 6:15:19 PM EDT
Four 10-11 year old girls were selling iced tea and cookies in town today. The iced tea was 25¢ and the cookies were 10¢ each or two for 25¢.

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not so fast, it could just be a clever marketing ploy.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish it could be that way. America has lost its innocence...
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Americans wouldn't be so fat if all food businesses adopted their pricing scheme.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm confused, are you saying that 25 cents is a lot of money for tea? How much do you normally pay? What ever happened to kids opening a lemonade stand?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm confused, are you saying that 25 cents is a lot of money for tea? How much do you normally pay? What ever happened to kids opening a lemonade stand?
View Quote

I think he means it would be nice if the world started working like this: All based on honesty and stuff like that. I think[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
What he is talking about is the cookies for 10 cents and two for 25 cents.  Cheaper to buy one at a time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the second cookie is bigger.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:
What he is talking about is the cookies for 10 cents and two for 25 cents.  Cheaper to buy one at a time.
View Quote

Oh I get it now. Didn't see that. [:I]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Under "strict enforcement of existing laws" they should have been fined for selling without a business license, health code violations and also arrested for tax evasion.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Under "strict enforcement of existing laws" they should have been fined for selling without a business license, health code violations and also arrested for tax evasion.
View Quote

Conspiring to violate liquor laws, an undercover agent from you know who goes up asks for tea with sugar, gets it and makes the arrest. Or waits and lets an entry team make the arrest, see with the sugar in the confiscated tea along with some of the organic compounds sitting in a locker until the time there is a trial (if the defendent is still alive) the sugar would have fermented into a bit of alcohol.

Also the cookie pricing scheme was deigned to be unfair to the [b]educationally challenged[/b] and after 8 years of klinton I'm sure we have laws against that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#11]
sadly, the scheme would have worked on some of our members
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
then sue the girl scouts get em on truth in advertising laws becouse the girl scout cookies arnt made with real girl scouts
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you sure that those cookies are not "special brownies?"
Maybe you should call DEA?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Four 10-11 year old [red][b]girls[/b][/red]
View Quote

Hmmm..    I think that says it all !

Just kidding -- please do not lock this thread for being anti-woman or anti-capitalist !  [BD]  [BD]  [BD]  [BD]  [BD]  [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top