Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 8:02:03 PM EDT
Gonna be an OD in the not so distant future and was curious what everyone's preference is for visual correction when shooting. Glasses, contacts, mono-vision, coatings, tints, etc,.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:21:04 PM EDT
I am 61, so take that into account.

I wear glasses when shooting, no tint.

I suspect that if I ever find myself shooting in a serious event, I will be wearing glasses.

If they get knocked off, I also some times practice with just safety glasses, to see how I would do without correction.

Those 50 yard handgun groups suffer quite a bit, but at normal handgun ranges I still do pretty well.

Now, with a rifle and aperture sights, I am good without correction past a 100 yards.  If I can identify my target, that is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:32:19 PM EDT
Until I was about 65, glasses (plastic lenses) either untinted or lightly tinted seem to work best for me. I wanted to try polarized but never got around to it. I was bench shooting, informally, which involved the use of scopes. After a stroke and eye surgeries, I've tried plastic, untinted safety goggles from work, nonprescription sunglasses, and even tactical goggles for hand gun shooting (I prefer my safety goggles). I have yet to get up to the rifle range, but I think some non-prescription glasses and sunglasses will do.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:43:09 PM EDT
Contacts with M-Frames for eyepro.

I'd really like to do PRK, but I'm a wimp about the remotest possibility of being blind.  I'm too old to learn braille.
Top Top