Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:24:28 PM EDT
Went to my barber for a quick cut. He was doing a job that looks like the haircut in the movie Fury. It looks like you got to maintain that hair with the slicked back look. He said to use pomade, which It looks like old school hair wax. Just wondering if the beehive knew the pros and cons to using that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Wat
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Pomade>gel.

It is not to be discussed beyond this on a gun forum.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have  a similar haircut, a disconnected undercut aka the Peaky Blinders haircut, and use American Crew Pomade everyday.

It's water based and washes out easy, oil based pomades are old school and are meant to stay in.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want that pomade, I'm a dapper dan man!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Pomade does a great job of giving hair that slick back look but you'll need industrial strength degreaser to get that shit out of your hair.

ETA:  There is a Grooming & Haberdashery forum now to discuss such things.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a Dapper Dan man

NOOOOO- beat again
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an undercut.

I use this:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
New age pomades are made with water-soluble wax, as opposed to the oils and greases used back in the day (hence the term "greaser")

As said before, modern pomades wash out easily with water (or make it easy to quickly tune-up your 'do with a moist comb or spritz of water)

Yeah, the hipsters have sunk their teeth into pomades, etc. but the fact remains that if you like your haircut, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I use J.S. Sloane brand medium-weight brillantine
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Gawd u all arr so ghey.

Go ask the pirate about hairdo's
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Use what makes you most happy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]
So.  You got punked by your barber.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
New age pomades are made with water-soluble wax, as opposed to the oils and greases used back in the day (hence the term "greaser")

As said before, modern pomades wash out easily with water (or make it easy to quickly tune-up your 'do with a moist comb or spritz of water)

Yeah, the hipsters have sunk their teeth into pomades, etc. but the fact remains that if you like your haircut, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I use J.S. Sloane brand medium-weight brillantine
View Quote

Spritz of water. WTF!  Someone in arfcom is talking about spritzing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I use clippers without the guard. Buzz the entire head.

Hair styling?  Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So.  You got (s)punked by your barber.
View Quote

Better than pomeade?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Spritz of water. WTF!  Someone in arfcom is talking about spritzing.
View Quote

Sue me

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Pomade/Hair wax is superior to gel in almost every way imo, however a lot of pomades do not wash out nearly as easy as most other products. A quality clarifying shampoo will usually do the job of getting it all cleaned out vs super cheap Suave which will leave you wanting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That takes a real man. WE are few and far between. #1 guard here. I wake up and don't need to fuss with this hair shit. That's for girls.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That takes a real man. WE are few and far between. #1 guard here. I wake up and don't need to fuss with this hair shit. That's for girls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Male pattern baldness spotted.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pomade/Hair wax is superior to gel in almost every way imo, however a lot of pomades do not wash out nearly as easy as most other products. A quality clarifying shampoo will usually do the job of getting it all cleaned out vs super cheap Suave which will leave you wanting.
View Quote

"Clarifying Shampoo".  Gettin kinda faggy in here
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but just a little bit. Even when I had a head full, ain't nobody got time fo that!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Is my irish springs bar of soap a clarifying shampoo?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
True, but just a little bit. Even when I had a head full, ain't nobody got time fo that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wear a hat.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#28]
So what you're saying is you want the Macklemore?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought that might get a response, but you know...
They discontinued my favorite hair wax some years ago and it now sells online for $20 a 1.5 oz. jar. Was $5 when it was on the market. Needless to say, I haven't used it since it disappeared off the shelves. The other waxes may wash out easier, but none that I have used match up to it.
These days I set my Wahl buzzer to 1/4" and call it a day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm just here for the beauty tips....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#32]
All you "real men"  can slob a knob. Always bragging about how manly "not giving a fuck"  is.

Sorry, ill groom myself and opt for more getting more pussy, than looking like a fuckin hobo, and impressing other men,and you call me gay.

Aint no woman out there fingerbanging herself fantasizing about how hairy your taint is.

As to the OP, Suavecito is all good. I always keep a #1guard on the sides, year round. Cooler months, I let the top grow out a bit. Its versitile.  I can pomade it back for the badass ww2 German soldier look,  use a basic paste for a moderate look, or just leave it "messy"  My wife digs it all.

Summertime in Louisiana is nasty. #1 on the sides, and slightly longer on the top. Its just too hot/humid here for hair shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All you "real men"  can slob a knob. Always bragging about how manly "not giving a fuck"  is.

Sorry, ill groom myself and opt for more getting more pussy, than looking like a fuckin hobo, and impressing other men.

Aint no woman out there fingerbanging herself fantasizing about how hairy your taint is.
View Quote

Is this george takei?  I loved you in star trek!

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Vanilla Ice approves...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I have hair that won't stay in place. I bought and used brylcreem it's great suff. since then I have tried a few things. I'm currently using groom and clean with a little suavecito. That stuff smells great.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Leave me wanting what?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Leave me wanting what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave me wanting what?

Clean hair, motherfucker! Keep up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Depends on how badly you want your hair stay that way VS how badly you want your hair to be nasty.

American Crew brown is medium hold medium shine. Use the right amount and your hair will stay pretty well, but wont be crunchy, washes out easy

Layrite holds really fucking well but gets kind of nasty and cant put your hands through it very easily without them feeling hell of greasy.

Or go full retard and put what is basically wax in your hair. Then proceed to hate yourself for the next three days because that shit does NOT come out. However, it holds the fuck out of your hair, but there's really no getting your hand through it.

When I actually have somewhere to go or want to look presentable I use the first one. No nasty scent, works well enough without being gross.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave me wanting what?
View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Went to my barber for a quick cut. He was doing a job that looks like the haircut in the movie Fury. It looks like you got to maintain that hair with the slicked back look. He said to use pomade, which It looks like old school hair wax. Just wondering if the beehive knew the pros and cons to using that stuff.
View Quote
Woodys Web.

I keep my hair cut in a similar style and comb it back sometimes with pomade.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave me wanting what?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#41]
We called those white walls in military school.  You can request low, medium, or high white walls.  I always asked for low white walls.  My hair was very long on top and I had to hide it in my cunt cap so I would not get in trouble.

I still have the same haircut but without the white walls.  I don't have to use pomade as my hair stays in whatever position I comb it when wet thankfully.  Pomade is nasty stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leave me wanting what?

My $2.00 Suave cleans my hair just fine
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm just here for the beauty tips....
View Quote

http://www.artofmanliness.com

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. End of thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#45]
My SIL is a beautician, got my haircut last week and brother got the Fury cut.

I first thought it looked like a Nazi Youth cut.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#46]
And I actually clicked on this thread because I thought it said "Furry Cut." Was curious (somewhat) to see what that was.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Murray's pomade you can find it in the black hair section it's  pretty cheap. Apply on Monday and wash out on Friday works like an champ is about 3 bucks a can it's what I use for rocking the white boy slick back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is, and I get a lot of them.  They love my luxurious waves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top