Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 7:40:41 AM EDT
So I went out with a few girlfriends last night to a pool hall, played a few games of pool then went outside to enjoy the beautiful night.....btw, with all the junk in CA, we have great weather!  Anyway, a group of guys came up to us and started talking, one in particular my friend thought was cute, so we invited them to join us.  Now, my friend is an extremely intelligent woman who works in the insurance business, she is smart as a whip and uses big words in her every day volcabulary.  She is also tall with long blonde hair and a knock-out figure that unfortunately gets her stuck in the dumb blonde stereotype.  This guy started talking economics, a field she knows a lot about, and so she started engaging in the conversation.  He turned to her and said "  Honey, it's ok, you don't have to try to sound smart.  Just talk normal! "

After a moment of shock, she explained that she was talking normal, and he proceded to tell her that big words don't sound good coming from a blonde, just sit and look pretty, he likes her just the way she was.  After another moment of shock, she asked for an example of what he meant.  After a moment he said, well, for instance, the word pacifist and transgretion have the same meaning, so she could just say pacifist instead of transgretion because pacifist is a smaller word.

At this point, all talking ceased, and I looked at his friends, who are at this point turning red, presumably from embarassment.  I, being unable to keep my trap shut, proceeded to tell him that his thinking was ricoculous and that he might want to pick up a dictionary at some point before opening his mouth about things of which he obviously had no understanding.  At this point he turned red and balled up his fists and opened his mouth to say something, but his friends grabbed him and told him to shut up, and walked out after apologizing to my friend.  After they left we all cracked up laughing, couldn't stop for about 5 minutes.  A waiter had been nearby and heard the whole thing, and he came back a few minutes later with free beer on the house!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]
 "Big words don't sound good coming from a blonde..."

He was intimidated by her.  Some men who are insecure about their own intellect can't handle an intelligent woman, especially if she is also attractive.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a young blonde, and I have had much older men tell me at work to show them my breasts. I also get the shocked look out of a few professors when I am correct about something in class. There is no reason for them to look so shocked, because I get good grades on their exams. Some men feel like they have to have the uppper hand. Many of them choose women to achieve this with.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was intimidated by her.  Some men who are insecure about their own intellect can't handle an intelligent woman, especially if she is also attractive.  

I can handle it, if I can forget she has breasts (ie, making sure I don't get caught taking in an eyeful).

That's a big IF.  Are you capable of forgetting about breasts when confronted with an attractive woman?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
at least his friends had sense enough to be embarassed, apologize and take him away

and free beer is a GREAT bonus  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]
What an idiot.
Makes me glad I am married.

BTW where in CA are you?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1

What a cockbite.  He has to have a mangina to say something like that.

That just got me completely fired up that he was trying to "put someone in their place" when she clearly had the upper hand.  I've gotten this reaction before; it's insulting like nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
He cockblocked himself - sweet.

Pacifist and transgression aren't even close - they are about as closely related as a dime is to a comet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Pacifist and transgression aren't even close - they are about as closely related as a dime is to a comet.

I think she meant transgressor, which makes sense if they were using in the context of active military.  "Transgressor: One who transgresses; one who breaks a law, or violates a command; one who violates any known rule or principle of rectitude; a sinner."  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah. Only slighty better on his part.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What an idiot.

BTW where in CA are you?

I'm in  San Diego....You?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think she meant transgressor, which makes sense if they were using in the context of active military.  "Transgressor: One who transgresses; one who breaks a law, or violates a command; one who violates any known rule or principle of rectitude; a sinner."  

No, unfortunately I meant to say transgression.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Born and raised?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Born and raised?

nope, but i've been in CA for most of my life...started off in CT, the OK, then TX, then MA, then CA.....I guess you can say that I get around....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, unfortunately I meant to say transgression.......

Well, in that case, HUH??    How did he think pacifist was the same thing as transgression?????
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What an idiot.

BTW where in CA are you?

LA.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
nope, but i've been in CA for most of my life...started off in CT, the OK, then TX, then MA, then CA.....I guess you can say that I get around....

When I was in San Diego I was amazed at how crappily the guys treated the girls and how most of the girls put up with it.    At least y'all don't.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top